Ramada Maingate West Kissimmee

Orbitz.com Tingo.com AMOMA.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 31% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• Worst Hotel Ever

Unique Quality: Just wanted you guys to know that this was the worst hotel i have stayed in. we paid for Queen beds and we got Full beds when we went to complain to them they said we had to call who ever we booked with, then they tell us that there were no more room available to change us to Queen beds, the last one was that thas what they consider Queen size beds, when in fact we had other friends that were on the first floor and when we went to there rooms there beds were much bigger. I go to Orlando a lot and the hotel i always stay in was booked. so i went on line and booked this hotel. Worst hotel ever the rooms were nasty there was rust all over the ac vents, carpet was wet, the smell was nasty. Customer service in the front desk was even worst, they really should learn or take a class on customer service. No one cares if you complain or if you want to speak to a manager good luck with that. we booked 3 rooms in total and we are very disappointed on this

More about Ramada Maingate West Kissimmee

tolerable

My wife and I stayed there as part of a promotional package. We were there for three days and although it was not the best place I've ever stayed, it was not as bad as some of the reviews I read. We were very closed to all of the Disney attractions, a plus, and the restaurants in the area were easily accessible. The hotel is an older one, but we enjoyed our stay in most respects.

Hated it

I went to the Welcome Center and must say it was the worst welcome I have ever recieved. The staff in there were very unfriendly and would never deal with them again. We tried to check in and it took two attempts to find a room that did not smell. We finally excepted a room,it had mold on the AC ,bathroom door would not close and the light cover was hanging and you could see the inside of the ceiling. The dinner buffet was not worth the money,better off eating at the Ponderosa which we ended up doing even though we had vouchers for buy one get one free at the hotel. The location for the Disney parks is good but my family decided we would rather drive a little farther then stay in a place like this! I would never advise anyone to stay at this hotel.

Almost seen the devil

The hotel gave me a flashback of an 80s rock concert. It made me feel as if I was in a HIGHWAY TO HELL......

Extremelly depresing, the indoor pool looked crowded and polluted, because of the closeness of the place, the atmosphere was stincky and heavy because of the pools chlorine vapours.

As the pool was crowded, and so were the elevators, they were wet and stinky as everybody used them to get back from the pool, still I wonder who was the clever boy that put carpets on those elevators.

And for a nice peaceful evening..., an outloud cat screamer Kareoke just to get yo through your night sleep.

The room was very retro, 80s bed, 70s bathroom (last time I saw those tiles was at grandma's) and a fancy carpet with stains and cigar burn holes, quite strange because it was a non smoking room.

Anyway a terrible experience, quite disgusting enviroment, however I must say some of the staff employees were very nice and offered a good service, just to save the day.

This place was a dump

I stayed at this place for 2 nights, October 15 and 16th 2003 on a vacation promotion. This was the worst hotel I had ever stayed in. The entire place smelled like mold and mildew. There was toothpaste ( I guess from the last occupants) on the floor and shower curtains in the bathroom. The bathtub was dirty and there was no hot water. I refused to sleep on the bedding they provided and had to make a Wal-mart trip to obtain a pillow, sheets, blanket, shower shoes, lysol and clorox wipes. I tried to spend as little time in the room as possible because the smell was sickening. To top it off I had to attend a time-share presentation in exchange for the accomodationS that lasted about 5 hours. I extended my vacation and checked in the 3rd day to the hilton garden inn and that was really when I felt like I was on vacation.
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AT THIS DUMP. THEY NEED TO SHUT THIS FILTHY PLACE DOWN!!!

The Meat Loaf ws good ?

I brought my family to Orlando to see the mouse's place. We had 2 rooms here for 4 days. As we drove up to the hotel everyone commented on the nice hotel we were staying in. Check-in went well and quick. Thats where the nice part of the trip stopped. When I made my reservations I asked for 2 room that with a door betwwen them. I was told no problem, that was till I checked in, I was then told that they didn't have any rooms like that. I later saw some rooms that were just like I was looking for. Our rooms had a smell to them, must have been what they clean them with. Strong, but not clean smell. We only stay 1 night out of our 4 night planned trip, when given a chance to mve to another hotel all 6 of my kids and the wife jumped at that idea, even though it meant skipping the parks that day. This is not even cose to my list again if I come back to Orlando.

Oh yea the meatloaf on the buffet was good.

Great family fun!

I loved this hotel. It was very clean. The rooms were nice sized. There was sooo much for the kids to do. They had the pool area and the karoke at night that they could do. It was very family oriented. There were quite a few games in the game room broken but it was fun anyways. The restaurant was very good, especially for a buffet. The kids had their own "dining room" with cartoon and kids decor. They felt pretty big getting to eat in there. Our whole family really enjoyed our stay here!

Make sure you stay away from inside rooms

We stayed there two different nights, Jan. 7 & 11 and had two different rooms. Rooms are nice, but fridge didn't work in one room. First night had outside room and slept well (other than noisy neighbours). Second night we got an inside room and suffered though Karoake. Fortunately because it was a Sunday it only lasted till 11pm. Heaven help you any other time.

Relieved at the Amerihost

by TripAdvisor Member sazappy

We were relieved when we got to the Amerihost. Yes we bought a trip for a timeshare offer, but thanks to the people who wrote reviews on this website I was so worried for two weeks before the trip that it almost ruined it. Is it the Ritz? No, but it is a clean, and freshly updated family hotel I didn't see one moldy thing and it didn't smell like mold anywhere. The staff was very friendly and couldn't do enough for us.
Our room was clean everyday and the maids were great! The indoor pool was great for the kids after along day at the parks. The bar had a nice pool table. Now don't get me started on the time share presentation and the total package we bought it was a sham. The Ramada Inn Resort Travel should be ashamed of themselves for the trip they sold us. But the Amerihost is a very nice place.

Amerihost

I just got back from a stay at the amerihost on March 1. I must say after all the bad reviews, I was skeptical. The hotel itself was a bit older but we had a really nice time, i had my 10 year old with me and she just loved the pool and Pizza Hut. I think that this is a very kid friendly hotel, if you are looking for a hotel that is upscale, don't stay there but if you are looking for family fun, it is the hotel for you. The pool was very nice. Stay away from the Welcome center, the people were extremely rude and the breakfast buffet was cold.

• Jul 4, 2014 at 9:49 PM

This was indeed our WORST hotel/inn we've stayed in. We booked two rooms. The family suite was just the size of a regular room with a partition between the king bed and the bunk beds. The mattress on the bunk was a spring box so my kid couldn't even sleep on it. We had to call to change the mattress. The phones didn't work in the rooms. The blankets on the king bed was soiled and ripped. Wifi didn't work all 6 days we were there. The Gym equipment was all broken. The bathroom door nob had a hole in it. The other room we were staying in had red (blood?) stains on the rug. It was smelly and the bathroom was falling apart with the ceiling lighting fixture sounding like it was going to fall down on us every time we opened the door, not to mention the mold on the shower curtains.

The dining hall was dark and dingy. Our orders were all mixed up. Granted the waitress was stressed with management not hiring more people to help her, but she didn't have to have a meltdown in front of all 5 tables of people. After her melt down, 5 management level staff came over to help. LOL!

The shuttle service was ridiculous. Time offered was very limited. There was only 2 times offered to Disneyworld and 2 coming back to the hotel. 11:00pm was the last even though Disneyworld closed at 1:00am. So naturally eveybody wanted to be on the last shuttle ride. We were stuffed like sardines and the exit door could only be opened manually by the bus driver who had to stop the bus, squeeze through all the sardined people and press the button to open the door to let people out. One evening, the bus driver got into a tiff with a family and it was a very scary experience. It took an hour to get back to the hotel because the bus driver dropped the problem family off last and we happen to be in the same hotel as the problem family. During that ride, the bus driver even called the cops and stopped the whole bus to make his report. Is that proper protocols? What kind of customer service was that?

Two things topped it off, a BABY COCKROACH ran across our table in the dining hall during our breakfast and BED BUGS are in many of the rooms you are staying in. SO YOU CAN BET YOUR LAST DOLLAR, WE ARE NOT COMING BACK TO THIS PLACE AND YOU SHOULD THINK TWICE ABOUT COMING HERE TOO.

So what did management do? Well, The manager for the dining hall didn't even bother to talk to us when the waitress told him we saw a cockroach. While he was walking away from the dining hall, the waitress called him over for us. When I told him about the cockroach, he showed no interest in listening and even bent down to tie his shoelace while he was telling me they will look into it. Then I approached the front office and spoke to the Asst Manager, I listed out all our inconveniences and grievances. Then when we told her about the shuttle services, the excuse was they contract out so it's beyond their control. REALLY? if I were the management, I would consider contracting someone else if my hotel guest lodge this kind of complaints. So, what did she offer us for our inconvenience and grievances? She offered to remove the resort fee of 2 nights from one of our two rooms when we were staying for 6 nights ($20). I asked her to to talk to her Manager to see if all the resort fees for both rooms could be waived. I don't believe that was too much to ask for since nothing was working for us in that place. But when I went back to follow up with the request 2 DAYS LATER cuz no one bothered to follow up with us, a male manager rudely accused me of trying to take advantage by asking for concession from one manager to another. REALLY??!! No one got back to me and when I followed up, I was accused?!! Excuse me, but I'm not there to help improve your services. I'm on vacation and I expected decent service if not at least live up to your 3 stars. Well, that male manager was not helpful and just made me confirm my decision to come back and write out my experience just the way it was. Had he just pacified me with waiving off all the resort fees, I would have shut my mouth. Afterall, I really didn't have time to do this.....but I made time to do the needful because I do not want YOU to have the same kind of experience. SHAPE UP RAMADA MAINGATE WEST.