Ramada Maingate West Kissimmee

Booking.com Ramada.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 22% less but rated 30% lower than other 3 star hotels

• Worst Hotel Ever

Unique Quality: Just wanted you guys to know that this was the worst hotel i have stayed in. we paid for Queen beds and we got Full beds when we went to complain to them they said we had to call who ever we booked with, then they tell us that there were no more room available to change us to Queen beds, the last one was that thas what they consider Queen size beds, when in fact we had other friends that were on the first floor and when we went to there rooms there beds were much bigger. I go to Orlando a lot and the hotel i always stay in was booked. so i went on line and booked this hotel. Worst hotel ever the rooms were nasty there was rust all over the ac vents, carpet was wet, the smell was nasty. Customer service in the front desk was even worst, they really should learn or take a class on customer service. No one cares if you complain or if you want to speak to a manager good luck with that. we booked 3 rooms in total and we are very disappointed on this

More about Ramada Maingate West Kissimmee

tolerable

My wife and I stayed there as part of a promotional package. We were there for three days and although it was not the best place I've ever stayed, it was not as bad as some of the reviews I read. We were very closed to all of the Disney attractions, a plus, and the restaurants in the area were easily accessible. The hotel is an older one, but we enjoyed our stay in most respects.

Hated it

I went to the Welcome Center and must say it was the worst welcome I have ever recieved. The staff in there were very unfriendly and would never deal with them again. We tried to check in and it took two attempts to find a room that did not smell. We finally excepted a room,it had mold on the AC ,bathroom door would not close and the light cover was hanging and you could see the inside of the ceiling. The dinner buffet was not worth the money,better off eating at the Ponderosa which we ended up doing even though we had vouchers for buy one get one free at the hotel. The location for the Disney parks is good but my family decided we would rather drive a little farther then stay in a place like this! I would never advise anyone to stay at this hotel.

Almost seen the devil

The hotel gave me a flashback of an 80s rock concert. It made me feel as if I was in a HIGHWAY TO HELL......

Extremelly depresing, the indoor pool looked crowded and polluted, because of the closeness of the place, the atmosphere was stincky and heavy because of the pools chlorine vapours.

As the pool was crowded, and so were the elevators, they were wet and stinky as everybody used them to get back from the pool, still I wonder who was the clever boy that put carpets on those elevators.

And for a nice peaceful evening..., an outloud cat screamer Kareoke just to get yo through your night sleep.

The room was very retro, 80s bed, 70s bathroom (last time I saw those tiles was at grandma's) and a fancy carpet with stains and cigar burn holes, quite strange because it was a non smoking room.

Anyway a terrible experience, quite disgusting enviroment, however I must say some of the staff employees were very nice and offered a good service, just to save the day.

This place was a dump

I stayed at this place for 2 nights, October 15 and 16th 2003 on a vacation promotion. This was the worst hotel I had ever stayed in. The entire place smelled like mold and mildew. There was toothpaste ( I guess from the last occupants) on the floor and shower curtains in the bathroom. The bathtub was dirty and there was no hot water. I refused to sleep on the bedding they provided and had to make a Wal-mart trip to obtain a pillow, sheets, blanket, shower shoes, lysol and clorox wipes. I tried to spend as little time in the room as possible because the smell was sickening. To top it off I had to attend a time-share presentation in exchange for the accomodationS that lasted about 5 hours. I extended my vacation and checked in the 3rd day to the hilton garden inn and that was really when I felt like I was on vacation.
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME AT THIS DUMP. THEY NEED TO SHUT THIS FILTHY PLACE DOWN!!!

The Meat Loaf ws good ?

I brought my family to Orlando to see the mouse's place. We had 2 rooms here for 4 days. As we drove up to the hotel everyone commented on the nice hotel we were staying in. Check-in went well and quick. Thats where the nice part of the trip stopped. When I made my reservations I asked for 2 room that with a door betwwen them. I was told no problem, that was till I checked in, I was then told that they didn't have any rooms like that. I later saw some rooms that were just like I was looking for. Our rooms had a smell to them, must have been what they clean them with. Strong, but not clean smell. We only stay 1 night out of our 4 night planned trip, when given a chance to mve to another hotel all 6 of my kids and the wife jumped at that idea, even though it meant skipping the parks that day. This is not even cose to my list again if I come back to Orlando.

Oh yea the meatloaf on the buffet was good.

Great family fun!

I loved this hotel. It was very clean. The rooms were nice sized. There was sooo much for the kids to do. They had the pool area and the karoke at night that they could do. It was very family oriented. There were quite a few games in the game room broken but it was fun anyways. The restaurant was very good, especially for a buffet. The kids had their own "dining room" with cartoon and kids decor. They felt pretty big getting to eat in there. Our whole family really enjoyed our stay here!

Make sure you stay away from inside rooms

We stayed there two different nights, Jan. 7 & 11 and had two different rooms. Rooms are nice, but fridge didn't work in one room. First night had outside room and slept well (other than noisy neighbours). Second night we got an inside room and suffered though Karoake. Fortunately because it was a Sunday it only lasted till 11pm. Heaven help you any other time.

Relieved at the Amerihost

by TripAdvisor Member sazappy

We were relieved when we got to the Amerihost. Yes we bought a trip for a timeshare offer, but thanks to the people who wrote reviews on this website I was so worried for two weeks before the trip that it almost ruined it. Is it the Ritz? No, but it is a clean, and freshly updated family hotel I didn't see one moldy thing and it didn't smell like mold anywhere. The staff was very friendly and couldn't do enough for us.
Our room was clean everyday and the maids were great! The indoor pool was great for the kids after along day at the parks. The bar had a nice pool table. Now don't get me started on the time share presentation and the total package we bought it was a sham. The Ramada Inn Resort Travel should be ashamed of themselves for the trip they sold us. But the Amerihost is a very nice place.

Amerihost

I just got back from a stay at the amerihost on March 1. I must say after all the bad reviews, I was skeptical. The hotel itself was a bit older but we had a really nice time, i had my 10 year old with me and she just loved the pool and Pizza Hut. I think that this is a very kid friendly hotel, if you are looking for a hotel that is upscale, don't stay there but if you are looking for family fun, it is the hotel for you. The pool was very nice. Stay away from the Welcome center, the people were extremely rude and the breakfast buffet was cold.

Comments