Ramada Maingate West Kissimmee

Tags

Family Travel Theme Park Trips
See Amenities

Worst Hotel Ever

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 22, 2010

Unique Quality: Just wanted you guys to know that this was the worst hotel i have stayed in. we paid for Queen beds and we got Full beds when we went to complain to them they said we had to call who ever we booked with, then they tell us that there were no more room available to change us to Queen beds, the last one was that thas what they consider Queen size beds, when in fact we had other friends that were on the first floor and when we went to there rooms there beds were much bigger. I go to Orlando a lot and the hotel i always stay in was booked. so i went on line and booked this hotel. Worst hotel ever the rooms were nasty there was rust all over the ac vents, carpet was wet, the smell was nasty. Customer service in the front desk was even worst, they really should learn or take a class on customer service. No one cares if you complain or if you want to speak to a manager good luck with that. we booked 3 rooms in total and we are very disappointed on this

monica123678 Jul 4, 2014 at 9:49 PM

This was indeed our WORST hotel/inn we've stayed in. We booked two rooms. The family suite was just the size of a regular room with a partition between the king bed and the bunk beds. The mattress on the bunk was a spring box so my kid couldn't even sleep on it. We had to call to change the mattress. The phones didn't work in the rooms. The blankets on the king bed was soiled and ripped. Wifi didn't work all 6 days we were there. The Gym equipment was all broken. The bathroom door nob had a hole in it. The other room we were staying in had red (blood?) stains on the rug. It was smelly and the bathroom was falling apart with the ceiling lighting fixture sounding like it was going to fall down on us every time we opened the door, not to mention the mold on the shower curtains.

The dining hall was dark and dingy. Our orders were all mixed up. Granted the waitress was stressed with management not hiring more people to help her, but she didn't have to have a meltdown in front of all 5 tables of people. After her melt down, 5 management level staff came over to help. LOL!

The shuttle service was ridiculous. Time offered was very limited. There was only 2 times offered to Disneyworld and 2 coming back to the hotel. 11:00pm was the last even though Disneyworld closed at 1:00am. So naturally eveybody wanted to be on the last shuttle ride. We were stuffed like sardines and the exit door could only be opened manually by the bus driver who had to stop the bus, squeeze through all the sardined people and press the button to open the door to let people out. One evening, the bus driver got into a tiff with a family and it was a very scary experience. It took an hour to get back to the hotel because the bus driver dropped the problem family off last and we happen to be in the same hotel as the problem family. During that ride, the bus driver even called the cops and stopped the whole bus to make his report. Is that proper protocols? What kind of customer service was that?

Two things topped it off, a BABY COCKROACH ran across our table in the dining hall during our breakfast and BED BUGS are in many of the rooms you are staying in. SO YOU CAN BET YOUR LAST DOLLAR, WE ARE NOT COMING BACK TO THIS PLACE AND YOU SHOULD THINK TWICE ABOUT COMING HERE TOO.

So what did management do? Well, The manager for the dining hall didn't even bother to talk to us when the waitress told him we saw a cockroach. While he was walking away from the dining hall, the waitress called him over for us. When I told him about the cockroach, he showed no interest in listening and even bent down to tie his shoelace while he was telling me they will look into it. Then I approached the front office and spoke to the Asst Manager, I listed out all our inconveniences and grievances. Then when we told her about the shuttle services, the excuse was they contract out so it's beyond their control. REALLY? if I were the management, I would consider contracting someone else if my hotel guest lodge this kind of complaints. So, what did she offer us for our inconvenience and grievances? She offered to remove the resort fee of 2 nights from one of our two rooms when we were staying for 6 nights ($20). I asked her to to talk to her Manager to see if all the resort fees for both rooms could be waived. I don't believe that was too much to ask for since nothing was working for us in that place. But when I went back to follow up with the request 2 DAYS LATER cuz no one bothered to follow up with us, a male manager rudely accused me of trying to take advantage by asking for concession from one manager to another. REALLY??!! No one got back to me and when I followed up, I was accused?!! Excuse me, but I'm not there to help improve your services. I'm on vacation and I expected decent service if not at least live up to your 3 stars. Well, that male manager was not helpful and just made me confirm my decision to come back and write out my experience just the way it was. Had he just pacified me with waiving off all the resort fees, I would have shut my mouth. Afterall, I really didn't have time to do this.....but I made time to do the needful because I do not want YOU to have the same kind of experience. SHAPE UP RAMADA MAINGATE WEST.

Nearby Ramada Maingate West Kissimmee

Ramada Maingate West Kissimmee

• Kissimmee Ramada
  • Ramada Hotel Kissimmee
  • Ramada Hotel Maingate West
  • Ramada Maingate West Hotel Kissimmee

Address: 7491 Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy 192, Kissimmee, Florida, 34747, United States

Amenities at Ramada Maingate West Kissimmee

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Bar / Lounge

Kissimmee Travel Forum

Need advice about Kissimmee, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Kissimmee and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Kissimmee hotel reviews

best buffet in town!
Gatorland Zoo
Red helicopters
Things to Do
Get the adrenaline pumping..
Buying Park Tickets
Warnings and Dangers
Good, honest valued food!
Awesome ribs and steak!
The Good Part!
My Buddies, Michael and Wayne
The fireworks ROCKED!
Favorites
And other parades as well!
There is a parade