Ramada Orlando Celebration Resort & Convention Center

6375 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee, Florida, 34747, United States

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 23% less but rated 27% lower than other 3 star hotels

• tvifaststart's Profile Photo

Great Deal And Close To Theme Parks!

The Ramada Orlando Celebration Resort is only located 1.5 miles from the gates of Walt Disney World Resort and offers guests a complimentary scheduled shuttle to the Walt Disney World Resorts. The resort is also just a short drive from Sea World, Universal Studios and many more of Orlando and Kissimmee world famous attractions. The Ramada Orlando Celebration Resort and Convention Center is centered across the street from the town of Celebration and the resort area just outside Walt Disney World Resort, offering guests amazing amenities, entertainment, dining and shopping only minutes from the resort.

The Ramada Orlando Celebration Resort is also close to Orlando's other parks, Universal Studios Escape, Universal Islands of Adventure, Sea World, and Wet N Wild. Local entertainment venues include Arabian Nights Dinner Theater, Church Street Station, Old Town, and the Citrus Bowl Stadium. Other major Central Florida attractions, such as Busch Gardens, Daytona Beach, Cocoa Beach, and Kennedy Space Center, are located within an hour's drive. To help you plan your vacation, the hotel has a guest services desk where discounted attraction tickets are available.

Unique Quality: Our room was the deluxe suite with a balcony overlooking a beautiful tropical courtyard. The room was also comfortably appointed with 300 thread count sheets, feather pillows, and all the amenities to make a home away from home. When it was time for dining the Resort offered an assortment of venues, no matter what the occasion. A family friendly restaurant, a bar and cafe, and lobby lounge was in the center of it all which you could enjoy some cocktails. There is a lobby gift shop that offers an assortment of convenience items.

If we felt like staying at the Ramada instead of going to one or more Orlando's attractions then the resort offered other property amenities like four adult swimming pools and even four kiddie pools, three tennis courts, and a gaming activity center. All in all we enjoyed our stay.

More about Ramada Orlando Celebration Resort & Convention Center

Much better dan expected !

by TripAdvisor Member Neotrans

After we booked this hotel i read some reviews and waited what would come. We were pleasant surprised with the room. A fridge was outside (?). Inside eveything was OK en clean except the window. Most of the dirt was outside and a little bit inside. The front desk was friendly. Breakfast was OK, we missed some "cut" fresh fruit. Place was always available en service ok.
So after all i can recommend this hotel as a good value for money and i should return next time.
Marc from Belgium

Impressive lobby, worn down rooms

by TripAdvisor Member jambie1024

We got a great rate to stay here, so were perfectly happy considering what we paid but I wouldn't have wanted to have spent a lot of money here. The lobby and grounds are beautiful and make it seem like a poshy resort, but our room and bathroom had definitely seem better days. It wasnt filthy but just seemed to have a damp and kind of grotty feel to it. The beds were not awful but certainly not first rate either. The pool looked nice although we never used it .We really appreciated the free shuttle to Epcot (from Epcot you have to transfer to Disney transport to get to the other parks, which makes for about a 40 minute commute in total).

Good for the price

by TripAdvisor Member TravelingMoMo

I got this room for $35 on priceline as a room to stay in before checking into our Disney resort. Although it was by no means the Ritz, it was a nice enough room, especially for the price. Pretty standard. The pool area was nice, and the hotel gift shop was not as overpriced as some I have encountered. I found the staff very friendly. The lobby is beautiful. This hotel is definately showing it's age, and the bathrooms only have showers (but, really, who takes baths in hotel bathrooms anyway). I would stay again for a short stay.

Best Bang for the Buck....

by TripAdvisor Member pfaust_nj

Overall the best bang for the buck of any place that I had ever stayed. We went down 9/15/08-9/22/08. The grounds very well kept and manicured. Our room was well cleaned and spotless. The maid service did an excellent job in its upkeep. Loved the lobby although did not spend much time there. You are very close to the Walt Disney theme parks and Interstate 4 which takes you every place else. Got it on Hotwire.com for a mere $29 dollars a night, which came with coffee maker, iron and ironing board, as well as a blow dryer and 2 double beds. The TV also had HBO, which you normally don't find in lower cost rooms. They had a kiddie pool and an adult pool which was also very well maintained. I expected a roach infested hell hole (for what I paid) and I was so incredibly surprised when it was not. I would definitely stay here again!! I cannot tell you about the restaurant in the hotel because we either ate out or had TV Dinners. I paid $10 more per day for both a microwave and refrigerator and saved a bundle in not having to eat out every day....well well worth it! Made sandwiches which we took with us to the parks to cut down on costs. I would definitely consider this hotel if you are coming down to Orlando, especially if you are going to do Disney.

Most Hotel for Your Money!!!

by TripAdvisor Member roccoz18

I booked this hotel through Hotwire and got a killer rate of $132 for four days (including tax.) The location couldn't be better considering its proximity to Disney, Universal, and the other Orlando attractions. It was also convenient to the main highways as well as dining (even though 95% of the dining in this area is chain-oriented.) While the property will never be mistaken for a Four Seasons resort, it WAS clean, comfortable and above all, quite a bargain.
There are 4 pools and a spa on the property. The pools were all in excellent, clean condition. The bed was a little soft, but the linens were clean, housekeeping came regularly, and the room was overall, comfortable. I would definitely stay here again if I have the luck of Hotwire assigning me this property again!

Slightly better than I expected

by TripAdvisor Member TXsandals

We had no complaints. The grounds and lobby were attractive, and the staff was pleasant enough. It was pretty quiet, but it was also off-season and there weren't a lot of people there. It's far enough from the main highway that you don't get a lot of traffic noise. There are quite a few restaurants nearby, but not really within what I would consider walking distance (especially after you've been walking all day).

The rooms were what we expected based on previous reviews--they showed a little wear and the beds weren't great, but they were clean and certainly very nice for the price. My room appeared to have been painted fairly recently. Our rooms only had showers, but we expected that from previous reviews. Also, it's true that the beds don't have blankets, but I requested a blanket and housekeeping brought me two very quickly. My companion's room had a safe under the bathroom vanity counter, but mine had a hole in the carpet where the safe had been. If I had been traveling with valuables, I would wonder how safe the safes are if some of them are gone.

Parking was convenient, but I recommend requesting a 2nd floor room or at least a room on the first floor that does not have the sliding glass door facing the parking lot. I noticed that when we parked at night, our headlights were shining directly at those doors, which could be bothersome to the guests inside. I suspect that those rooms could be noisier as well, because they are so close to the parked cars. However, there are no elevators, so if you get a second floor room, you will have to carry your suitcase(s) upstairs.

We didn't see any spiders (thank goodness), but my companion from Wisconsin was impressed by all the lizards and frogs outside. Boys. :)

The shuttle to the Disney parks was free and convenient. I don't know if they offer more pick up and drop off times during peak season, but if not, that could be a problem. Our shuttle was pretty full both directions, even though the park we went to (Epcot) was not busy at all.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends. It's great for the price, especially considering that if you're in Orlando, you're not likely to be spending much time there anyway.

Really hard beds and Even worse Service

by TripAdvisor Member JackManTX

Really did not like this hotel.
The entire hotel seemed dead, not many cars around and not much action.
The bed was really hard and I don't know about you but I like a bed softer than the floor. The carpet was less than new and the remote control batteries were dead. I don't think anyone had stayed in the room in months.

The front desk was less than helpful, we called for a parking pass that they "forgot" to give us on check in. They told us they would bring it to the room, after waiting about an hour, we had to get in the car and drive the front desk to get the pass. They will tow your car if you don't have the pass.

We will never stay here again.

Just a Place to Sleep While Visiting Disney

by TripAdvisor Member davenlu2000

First of all, it's important to note that we got a rate of $38 a night through Priceline for four nights over the Thanksgiving holiday. That is a ridiculous price which makes me wonder how hotels like this even stay open since Priceline has to make a profit also.

This was our Priceline experiment trip in which we stayed four nights at a 2.5 star hotel (this one), three nights at a 3 star hotel (the Radisson Worldgate), and three nights at a Resort (the Hyatt Grand Cypress).

This hotel has a big lobby with a restaurant that would give you the impression that it is a decent modern hotel if you only saw the lobby. Clearly the lobby was built/remodeled way after the fact. The buildings/rooms are quite old and below average by today's standards. Like a prior reviewer we thought the place seemed pretty dead. We walked all the way through the restaurant area during supposedly open hours without seeing anyone--not a hostess, not one waiter or waitress, a not one customer. It was a little eerie for a while when it seemed like we were the only customers in the whole hotel; we we're almost relieved when a number of other guests finally appeared.

The bad: The hotel is comprised of about four 'pods' of two story buildings, each with about 16 rooms per building. Since they are not joined to the lobby building, you must drive to your room. (You could walk, but it would be quite a walk.) There is also no elevator. The room had a small refrigerator and also a safe, but we would have had to pay extra to use either of them. (You could argue that for a base rate of $38 a night that is fair, but it's not something we're used to.) The beds had no comforters, just blankets. We didn't remember ever having been to a hotel that without a comforter before. There was no tub, just a shower. The kiddie pool for our 'pod' was locked during open hours and it took quite a few people to figure out how to unlock it. They did eventually figure it out. The pools themselves were not all that clean. We didn't swim, but the kids did. (There goes our parents of the year award.) The ice machine in our pod didn't work, although we found one that did work in another pod. The air conditioner/heater buzzed quietly even when it was off. Lastly, my wife turned off the heat overnight because the 'burning' smell was sort of strong.

The good: The location was great, very close to all Disney properties. The staff was pretty nice and reasonably responsive. The grounds were not impeccable, but they were better than we expected. Each 'pod' has it's own pool and kiddie pool.

Overall: This was an experiment. Although we will never stay at hotel that Priceline rates at 2.5 stars again and I would not choose to go to this hotel again, it wasn't as bad as some of the reviews stated. That is why I rated it 'Probably not' rather than 'No way!'. It certainly wasn't great and we honestly tried not too look too hard for things that might disgust us, but it did seem like they generally made an effort to clean it each night. The beds themselves were not all that great, but the shower had decent water pressure and hot water. It was nothing more than a place to sleep while visiting Disney. The bottom line is 'what can you expect for $38 a night?'.

One last thing, there were no surprise add on 'resort' fees or parking fees like we've seen people complain about with other hotels (especially when they were booked via Priceline).

We will post pictures of the hotel and room when we return from our vacation.

Lots of problems. Not worth it.

by TripAdvisor Member atlantavoyagers

My husband and I stayed here for one night prior to our Disney vacation. We got the hotel on hotwire for about $50--listed as a 3 star hotel.

The property itself is massive but it seems like very few buildings are actually used giving it a sort of empty, creepy feeling. Check in was extremely slow. Only one person at the front desk with two other parties in front of us. The one employee at the front desk was trying her best but she should have called another employee to help her. After waiting about 15 minutes, another employee came to the front desk so clearly there was someone there.

Our room was just weird. There are no comforters on the beds, only sheets (hard to believe but consistent with other rooms.) There is no bath tub--standing shower only. The two buildings that actually seemed open and full so parking was difficult and we actually parked quite far away despite the ghost town feel to the whole property.

Biggest problem was the so-called "night club" on property. Loud, booming music played until 3 AM. When we went to the front desk to complain, they said it was clearly advertised and we checked-in anyway so we just had to deal with it. The only advertisement I could find was a flyer in the buffet area that was in spanish only. When we complained again and asked for some compensation, we were given two complimentary breakfast buffets which sounded good at the time.

Next morning--breakfast buffet consists of some tired looking fruit, bread products, and cereal. The hot part of the buffet that was advertised was not running that morning. No reason was given.

Don't waste your precious vacation time and money on this place. This was my third time using a priceline/hotwire kind of thing and will be my last because of this hotel. It barely deserves a one star

Comments