Seralago Hotel & Suites Main Gate East

Satisfaction Poor

Costs 23% more than similarly rated 2.5 star hotels

More about Seralago Hotel & Suites Main Gate East

definately would stay again

stayed here from april 23 to may 1st. had a kids suite pool side for $61/night,, I booked in january, seemed to be a wise idea to book ahead. Hotel is older and needs a fresh paint job, but the pools are excellent, and the grounds are spotless. the room was quiet considering we were pool side. The shuttle to disney doesn't return until 5:30 so we did not use the shuttle, but driving was really easy and took under 10 minutes to get to disney.. would stay here again for sure,, also stayed at the clarion maingate and it sucked bad.. for the price I paid I wasn't expecting to get what we got... book early..

Not the best place to stay, not clean or professional.......

I recently stayed here for a trip to Orlando and not only did we have troubles getting our room but the manager was very rude. When we got to our rooms, they were very old and wore down. We were there for only about 20 minutes when we realized that there were ants all over the tables and the drapes as well as the floor. It took them two hours just to move us to a new room and say sorry. The new room was dirty itself and it smelled. We had to put up with the poor service and dirty rooms for five days. I would sugest staying somewhere else.

Fantastic holiday

We stayed here for a 2 week holiday in May 2004. We were a bit worried after reading the reviews, as we have gone by trip advisor before and found them to be quite accurate. However, on this occasion, we have been pleasantly surprised! the hotel is located at an ideal place, close to all the parks - we had a car and everthing was more than accessible, but the hotel also offers a shuttle service which seemed to be reliable. OUtside appearance of the hotel may be a little daunting - looks like a very old motel! - but do not be put off - rooms were very clean- cleanest we have stayed in for along time, and staff were more than helpful when we asked to be moved to a room closer to the pool. Didn't try the restaurant, but food court was good, pool was exceptionally clean and hot tub was great too. Altogether a fantastic stay, and would come back here again and recommend it to friends.

Give it a miss

by TripAdvisor Member YvonneLondon

Just back from this hotel and would have to say if you are booked to visit here change right away, it is a dump - the stairs leading to our room were rusted away, the rooms are in need of a paint and updated furniture. The staff were never helpful unless they you were giving them money.

We had a great trip to Floriday but would of been wonderful if had avoided this place.

Good value for the money --not bad!

We stayed here with our three year old son from May 3rd - 8th, 2004. Had a poolside room on the first floor that was very clean and brightly decorated. Breakfast was't anything to write home about. Just average! We had breakfast daily in the restaurant as it was included in our stay. But for the price of the stay you really can't complain. The pool area was clean and they supply towels for the pool. Close to Disney parks and within walking distance of other attractions, shops & restaurants. Exellent value for the price. Would definitely stay here again!

Nice hotel- Holiday Inn Main Gate East!

by TripAdvisor Member NWArkie

My Husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Main Gate East in June '03 and enjoyed our stay. I've read negative reviews of this Hotel and ponder why??( Not to be rude) It's a Holiday Inn, not the Ritz Carlton! Our room was nice and clean. We had no problems with the maid service. The Hotel staff were very helpful. If you are looking for an off site Hotel at Walt Disney World, I would check this Hotel out! I know I will stay there again.

would not stay there again

Hotel website very misleading. I thought there would be more excitement for my 2 1/2 year old. Nothing special about the pools. The transportation to Disney was VERY misleading. They are 20 min from the transportation center and the bus can take 30-45 min. Food is very expensive! Small arcade. There were no "special" activities planned for kids. My next trip, I will definitely put my money into a Disney Hotel!!

Very Good Place To Stay

by TripAdvisor Member chevybb

I'd like to highly recommend this Holiday Inn over others in the Orlando area. We had a Family Suite, it was spacious--- lots of room for the adults and kids. Most important thing about this older resort was--- the rooms were very quiet! Couldn't hear people above us or beside us. The rooms were clean, the staff friendly and there are two pools and hot tubs. With the coupons we didn't spend a dime on breakfast, only cost was the tip. We stayed for 7 days.
I don't know what some folks expect when they come here, if you want glitzy, stay someplace else. If you want a great place to stay at a reasonable price this is it.

Your Basic Hotel

If you are looking for a basic hotel to stay at while visiting Disney, this is it. We chose this hotel based soley on the price and vicinity of the theme park. I wasn't overly impressed by the size of the room or the cleanliness but the staff was very accomidating. No major complaints.

Dirty, Unfriendly, Just DONT !!!!!

I wouldnt stay there for free, it was dirty, people were not nice, the bus drivers were unfriendly and late. I just dont recommend it. Sheets were not changed in the 6 days I stayed !!!!!!! there was a milkshake spilled at the stairway, it was never cleaned.... Believe me, its a dirty place...

storefront kissimeestorefront kissimee