Super 8 Motel - Orlando/Kissimmee/Maingate

Paisleypaul's Profile Photo

Super 8 Maingate Kissimmee

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 8, 2015

Unpretentious Super 8 next door to Logans Steakhouse and Denny's , beside the Flea Market and its numerous dining optionsand across the road from Old Town

Got this for about US$45 booking 8 nights a few months in advance so a bargain in a great location.

Breakfast of tea or coffee toast and spreads and cheerios cereal. The area was often busy - inevitably - and some morning I just took the ice bucket tray to load up and take back to our ground floor room

Unique Quality: Don't think Kissimmee does "unique" but great location and no complaints

Directions: Opposite Old Town behind Denny's

grandmaR's Profile Photo

Cheap in Kissimmee

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 21, 2006

My first mistake in making this reservation was in not asking about local calls. We arrived to check in at 2 pm and the desk clerk said we couldn't check in until 3. Since we were tired from traveling, we just sat in the lobby. I noticed on the board that they required a $10 deposit for using the phone. Then I found that they required 55 cents for each local call. If it wasn't that I wanted to hook up to the internet, that wouldn't matter - I could just use my cell phone.

So I said that we wouldn't stay there, and they said that we had to have canceled 24 hours in advance. So I canceled the 2nd day right there and made a reservation somewhere else (using my cell phone). I didn't do the internet at all for one WHOLE DAY.

In common with many hotels in this area, the Super 8 requires a photo ID and imposes a penalty for not staying two days or for canceling. The safe is $1 extra which is automatically charged in advance. It is between a Bennigans and a Denny's restaurants and across the street from some attractions, but although it advertises that it is close to the Disney gate (and has a shuttle to it), it is actually 2 miles from the park.

The hotel was supposed to have microwaves, refrigerators and dataports. Microwaves were extras, and there were no dataports. The AAA said that it accepted small pets, but it does not.

This hotel also charges $10/hour for late checkout.

The price for a Super 8 is supposed to be the lowest. We paid $40 for one night, but I saw some signs on other motels advertising $25/night. Sometimes it doesn't pay to try for the absolute lowest price.

Unique Quality: The bathtub looked as if someone had been walking in it with sneakers, and even though it was a non-smoking room it smelled of stale tobacco smoke in the bathroom. There was a sink, a hanging rack (no closet) and a three drawer chest with a TV, a two drawer chest with a mirror and wall lamp. A folding suitcase rack was leaning against the wall. There was a small round table with two chairs, and two double beds with a night table in between. The TV did have a sleep function on it.

The "Free Super Start Breakfast" had several kinds of coffee, two kinds of juice, some muffins, some Danish and some bagels.

There was a TINY outdoor pool, and our room was on the backside with no convenient parking. In the morning at 6, there started being crashing noises like someone continuously emptying trash dumpsters.

We checked out ASAP although we had intended to stay two days.

Nearby Super 8 Motel - Orlando/Kissimmee/Maingate

Super 8 Motel - Orlando/Kissimmee/Maingate

• Super Eight Kissimmee
  • Kissimmee Super Eight
  • Kissimmee Super 8
  • Super 8 Kissimmee/orlando/maingate Hotel Kissimmee

Address: 5875 West Irlo Bronson Highway, Kissimmee, Florida, 34746, United States

10 Photos of Super 8 Motel - Orlando/Kissimmee/Maingate

• Wheelchair Accessible
  • Free Parking
  • Free High Speed Internet

Kissimmee Travel Forum

Need advice about Kissimmee, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Kissimmee and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Kissimmee hotel reviews