The Palms Hotel and Villas Kissimmee

3100 Parkway Boulevard, Kissimmee, Florida, 34747, United States
The Palms Hotel and Villas
Travelocity Orbitz.com Expedia.com

More about The Palms Hotel and Villas Kissimmee

Love Homewood, Hate THIS one!

by TripAdvisor Member FayettevilleTraveler

Having stayed at Homewood Suites before and had great experiences it was our first choice for our family trip to Disney. Don't stay here unless you appreciate sleeping on a major interstate (very noisy!), no pillowcases on your pillows, tiny rooms with double beds that have sheets that fall off, four towels in a rooms for eight, electrical outlets not covered with normal plates, and a door that doesnt.have the seal around it so there is a one inch gap and the noise is even louder. Top this off with a management that is just plain rude and could care less. We tried to make the best of it when we were lied to first by the Hilton employee who made our reservation. We requested a two bedroom sutie with one king and two doubles. What we got was a double in a room a little larger than my closet (you couldn't even shut the door without moving the matress) with only one bathroom (most Homewood two bedroom suites come with two bathrooms---huge problem when you have eight people and one bathroom!). When checking in my husband asked if our room was facing the highway and he was told no it was poolside. It was poolside; one side faced the pool where there was an unlimited amount of noise each night, the other side faced the VERY noisy highway. Why would anyone want to stay this close to a major highway? You get to hear semi trucks and motorcycles ALL night long. When we complained to the front desk it was obvious they could care leess and they refused to move us to another room(or fix our door) We called the 800 number at Hilton that made our reservations for the wrong type of room and was informed that there was nothing they could do for us. We then talked with Hilton's corporate office and they took our name and cell phone number and said they would get back with us. That never happend. We did ask the corporate office to move us to another Hilton property as we wanted a room that was like our other Homewood experiences. After being put on hold for quite some time we were told that they could move us to the Universal Hilton, which had "just one room left" for a mere $299 a night. A huge jump over the $169 we had booked. When we insisted that they give us the new room at the same rate they said they "couldn't do that". They never called us back and we mentioned several times why was there a plastic board from Hilton saying 100% guarantee or a free night's stay? They didn't care that besides the shortage of pillowcases, proper sheets and towels we couldn't sleep due to the noise on BOTH sides of our unit (pool and freeway). We also found a note in our room adressed to someone else with the regional area manager's phone number stating that you should call if there are any problems. My husband phoned him and left a voice mail for h im. He never called us back. The only good thing to this story is that upon checkout the regional manager was a the desk and my husband went through a list of things wrong with the rooms. He ended up giving us our whole stay for free. But he never once said sorry or seemed to really care. I would never stay at this place again.

Still satisfied after multiple stays!

by TripAdvisor Member vikesfan

Stayed here again (our 3rd time in 6 years) and still have to say, my family
and I were very satisfied with this hotel! It seems to have gotten quite a number of mixed reviews, but we've mostly had good experiences there. Breakfast buffet was great, plenty of variety and even eggs and sausage in addition to what you'd expect from a normal continental breakfast (breads,
rolls, etc). Our room was nice and large and it appears they have recently replaced all of the furnishings. Very clean! Carpet could maybe use some replacement - but all in all, not that bad. I think their pool is the absolute best! We stayed there in February and some of the evenings were a little chilly - but we were able to enjoy the pool every night because it was so warm and clean! And I like the fact that the pool is gated, even though my children are not little - it cuts down on the mayhem around the pool area.
I would definitely stay here again!

Avoid this place like the plague!!!

Probably the worst run Homewood Suites in the nation.

Amazing -

Had extra credit card charges two months later show up - accounting department refuses to return calls - management could care less...

Clearly there are serious issues here -

Rooms were average with stains on bed spreads and carpet.

Pay the extra few bucks and stay SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Best of luck!

Great Value !!!!!! Great Experience!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member cmbonneville

After reading numerous postings BEFORE our family vacation, we were not sure if this hotel would be what we were expecting. However, dont judge a book by its cover or in this case, a few bad reviews.

After traveling for over 15 hours by van with 4 children under the age of 10, we were hoping to find at least a decent place to get a good nights sleep. We were pleasantly surprised that we not only got a good nights sleep, but an all around good experience.

First off, we got a great value; under $70.00 a night.
Second, this hotel was great because it accomodated a large group (8) of people, legitimately.
Third, the HOT breakfast alone was worth the hotel rates~! This breakfast included scrambled eggs, cheese, bacon or sausage, bagels, muffins, toast, english muffins, biscuits, sausage gravy, toast, pastry rolls, pancakes, waffles, oatmeals, cereals, fruits, several juices, milk, coffee, hot chocolate, and more. NOTE: There was plenty of seating, even for our large group(something we were worried about after reading previous reviews).
Fourth, the ammenities at the hotel are great; free WIFI in the lobby (also, in room internet access that we did not use), laundry facilities, fair sized heated pool, jacuzzi, sandbox, basketball court, managers reception (FREE FOOD - we regretfully did not get the chance to experience), in room microwave, FULL SIZE! fridge, stove, and 2 TVS!
Fifth, this hotel is a great location! It is right off of US192 (Irlo Bronson Hwy) literally right down the street from Disneys Maingate, WWS, and pretty much every thing else in Central Fl/Orlando.

Yes, there were some things that could have made our stay better;
Housekeeping could have been better, things were adaquately clean, but it still lacked a little, for instance; more towels (the maid kept taking the extras we asked for), dishwasher detergent (we got 1 pack on our last day, none for the other 8 days), toilet paper (we had to call several times for extra as the maid never left us a new roll, just what was already in the bathroom)
Safety/Babyproofing - Some doors really did not shut securely to the point where an infant could be trusted not to open them and potentially hurt themself (my son loved opening the doors, which did have a safety lock, but should have had something much higher up) Also, there was some furniture that could be used for climbing or pulled down by a curious toddler(as with any hotel)

Overall, we had a GREAT experience and will DEFINITELY be returning. We were so thankful to have not experienced some of the BAD things that have been posted about this hotel; it was quiet, clean, friendly, a great value, had great ammenities, and friendly staff.

We are hooked on Homewood Suites and will definitely choose this chain again for our next vacation!

Just right for the price

Hi Guys and girls,

Well I just came back from Orlando and I must say It was very good,The room was clean not to close to the highway as I requested,so very peacefull,bathroom was great houskeeping fantastic...they even do the dishes for you and it was spotless every night we came back from the park...stayed here 7 days...and no complaints...what so ever.Check out there breakfast buffet..ommlettes pancakes waffels about 8 sorts of fresh bread muffins cinnamonrolls ..coffee juice etc....not something you find in a normal hotel....paid 67,50 a night and I had the feeling this is a real bargain....The tourdesk have al the tickets you need for your stay at real good prices believe me.........The lights in the room were on and there was a little note from the manager welcoming us ...with some complimentary drinks and nuts that go with it....make sure you are a HiltonHonners member that gives you some benefits I think...wel see you next time ..for my revieuw of other hotels ...bye bye for now...
Greetz Alex

I would recommend to anyone

Last december, my wife, two daughters and my parents spent just under 2 weeks at this resort. We all enjoyed our stay. The rooms were big enough for all six of us, my daughters were 8 and 10. During our stay, the resort were in the process of changing the furniture in all the rooms. The rooms were very clean, The lobby and grounds were very inviting. Of course some problems may occur, the refridgerator in the room broke down but the service was prompt. Again I would recommend this resort to anyone.

Good hotel for the money

We stayed here just last week, May 9-13th with Hilton Honors points. Reading all the conflicting reviews, I had to write in and state my opinion. This hotel was nice. It was not a 5 star resort but for a family of 3, the accomodations and leisure activities were perfectly suited for us. We stayed in Bldg 3, which had a view of the pool, in a 1 bedroom suite. The suites are small but perfect for a family of 4. The room was very clean- there appeared to be new carpet and bedspreads and our furniture was in good condition. It was a plus to have a refrigerator and cooktop, dishwasher. The bathroom was a bit old but again, it was clean. There was no problem with maid service- efficient and good. As for the noise of the highway, yes, I agree it is there but our room looked over the pool and it was only noisy if you were sleeping on the sofa. I would recommend asking for bldg 1 if noise is an issue. But the tradeoff to the highway is that we were so close to the parks! It never took longer than 10 minutes to get to any Disney park-that was convenience. Very easy to come back in the middle of the day to swim, nap. The pool was so clean and nice. Not themed like Disney but again, nice. It was heated, there is a hot tub and a nice kiddie pool which our son had a ball in- it is also fenced with tables, loungers. In addition, there was a sand box and grills next to it. Breakfast and evening reception was good. Not the best food but again, for the price and convenience, you can't beat it. There was good variety. It was nice to sit by the pool too while eating. The staff was very friendly too, no issues here. I honestly would stay here again if we chose not to stay in a Disney resort- you do lose some of the magic, but then again, I saved us at least $1,000 by staying here with 100,000 Hilton Points. I don't think you will be disappointed if you try it. The most annoying part was getting out of the complex with the 5 speed bumps! But overall, it was fine for what we needed.

Good Hotel, Great Price

My mother, two sisters and I stayed at this Homewood Suites from April 30 - May 7, 2005. We thought it was great. Our room had new furniture and the housekeeping was top notch. We ate at the free breakfast every morning and although it was the same choices there were a lot of them (eggs, sausage/bacon, biscuits, gravy, muffins, bagels, cereal, pancakes, waffles, coffee, milk and juice), the food was fresh and filling. We enjoyed the manager's reception on one occasion, the appetizers were limited (frito pie, cheese, crackers, vegies & dip) but the free beer was very nice. The pool area was clean, and the hot tub was great after a day of walking (careful of the top step, slippery). The only complaint I have is our air conditioner didn't work properly but was fixed after notifying the manager. The hotel is in a great location, only a couple of minutes from the Disney parks, easy access. Also grocery stores and restaurants very convenient. I read all of the previous reviews and followed the advice in asking for a room away from the highway which was granted, it was very quiet and peaceful. We paid $65/night for a one bedroom suite (two beds in the bedroom, sofa bed in living room). All in all I would not only stay at this hotel again but would absolutely recommend it to anyone going to Disney.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ilive2travel6

We stayed at this hotel from 5/22 - 5/27/05. We had a one bedroom suite with a king size bed. I have to say that the rooms are all very nicely decorated and the king size bed appeared new not used and old. I have a bad back and sleep on a therapedic mattress at home and this mattress was a god send. Most hotels beds are so used and soft that I go home with major leg and back problems and I travel at least 3 times a year. This was the first time we stayed here and I would stay here again on our next trip. It is located off 192 which offers everything from shopping to eating, all different kinds of food. If you love a good steak at a good price and kid friendly and fun, go to the Logan's Roadhouse just down the road make a right onto 192 maybe 2 lights down on the right. Staff was very friendly and accommadating. Our first night was spent in a room near the parkway and the noise from the passing trafic at night did keep my sensitive sleeper daughter up all night so the next morning I asked to be moved and we ended up in a room on the other side accross the way from check in and we sleep great! No noise at all. The drive to disney was maybe 5 minutes away and to get to universal 35 minutes. Breakfast was very good and the pool is a nice treat at night when you come back from a hard day of having fun in the sun.

Loved it !!!!! Just what we needed..........

We where a little afraid of what to expect, but I am so glad I did not stay somewhere eles. I have four kids and we stayed for 8 nights and this hotel was just what we needed. We were pleasantly surprised. The room was great and the furniture, carpet and beds were all new. I was a travel agent for 8 years and this is a great hotel for families and couples. The hotel has a very romatic and semi upscale appeal. The pool area is wonderful! I do not know anywhere in Disney where you can get these accommadations and everything the hotel offers for the price. We will go to this hotel for future vacation and will tell our friends to go here. I can not belive some of the reviews of this hotel some people can find bad in anything I guess.

Comments