Vacation Village at Parkway

2949 Parkway Boulevard, Intersection of I-4 and U.S. 192, Kissimmee, Florida, 34747, United States
Hotels.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

More about Vacation Village at Parkway

Fun at Vacation Village

by TripAdvisor Member Sofibel

I just returned from a week long stay at Vacation Village at Parkway. We stayed in building 6 and the overall experience was great. The location is great!!! The one thing you will definately need is a car. We were told cabfare from Vacation Village to Disney World would be $25 each way. Please rent a car; it will be the best thing you do. It is extremely easy to get around and going to the parks is a breeze. I would recommend going to the local grocery store, Publix for all of your food items. The first day we were there we walked to Goody's and paid $4 for a gallon of milk. Another reason why renting a car is a good idea. Everyone was really nice and the check in was fast and easy. Guest services will offer you a free breakfast or lunch if you choose to learn more about the timeshare. We decided not to go and we were never bothered again. It's truly a fun and relaxing time.

Loved Vacation Village

My boyfriend and I visited in March of 2004. The first problem we encoutered was not being able to find the resort right away. Being at Parkway, there were several other resorts and even one with a similiar name. our wait in the check in office was only about fifteen minutes, which wasn't bad compared to what we experienced at the airport. Once check in, we found it very easy to get around and find our way to our suite. I was amazed at how low the level of noise was outside in the hall, even though there were people running in and out of their own suites all day and night long. It was very quiet and I was happy for that. The staff even helped us with figuring out the best places to go, and helped us with directions to Clearwater Beach. We appreciated that! I loved Vacation Village. I wish they had more amentities at the time we visited, such as a bar/lounge. computer lounge, and so on, which to my understanding is there now. But loved the pool!! Oh yeah... can't forgot the wonderful jacuzzi bathtub!!!! I was in that thing every night!!!! Even the kids weren't that bad. So I would give Vacation Village a 5 star recommendation.

One of the best resorts we've stayed at

by TripAdvisor Member msshowmetravel

Vacation Village at Parkway was great! Our accomidations were clean and everything was in working order. All of the staff we had dealings with were very friendly and helpful. We would have bought there if we didn't already have memberships at 3 other resorts, we just couldn't afford it at this time. If you are thinking about timeshare ownership, this is a good choice. We are planning on coming back to this resort in the future and hopefully purchasing. We would highly recommend this resort.

Extremely Rude Employees

We bought a timeshare at this resort 3 years ago, and have never had a pleasant interaction with this company. The most recent was a stay at a sister resort, Vacation Village at Weston, where the “hospitality” clerk was the rudest of all employees’. Any complaints we have filed regarding rude employees or problems within a unit have fallen on deaf ears. As far as Vacation Village at Parkway – They never respond to messages left on answering machines, and their customer service clerk Evette Restrepo literally told me, “To Go __ Myself” when trying to reach a manager and file a formal complaint. Since then, we continued trying to reach a manager to address the problems and that employee and have gotten no where. We also own at another resort in Virginia and have never had this type of laziness or poor attitude from any employee there, or any other resorts we've traveled to. This family of resorts is the only one we have ever had a problem with.

Be very cautious!

We just toured Vacation Village through a Ramada Resorts package. From the get-go, certain things just didn't seem right. It felt as though they did research on us before we got there (i.e. our salesperson was from the same area as me and kept naming main roads in the town, her sister had the same birthday as my husband). Things were creepy; however, after seeing the gorgeous rooms, I put my paranoia aside. I MADE SURE I asked if our room would have the exact amenities (washer/dryer) as the model and I was assured we would because we were getting a room in one of the new buildings. So, we decided to buy ($17,000 - and later found out they offered the same rooms to another family for $14,500) and went to the sales office to complete the paper work. After I signed the credit card slip, I was told our room was in an existing building without a washer/dryer in our room. Once they saw how angry I became, they told me it was an oversight and tried to change our room to a new building (as was our original verbal agreement in the conference center). I demanded the sale be voided, waited for my credit from the deposit, and walked out without looking back. The way I figure it, either those employees are deceitful and tried to sell an older timeshare for the price of a newer one, or they are inept about their business. Either way, I do not want to do business with them! PS The salespeople are so pushy because they have ownership in the company!

Not Ready For Primetime

by TripAdvisor Member pooperkins

We reserved two of the largest rooms at Vacation Village through Hotels. We arrived around 3:30pm October 28, 2004 and spent 15 minutes driving around trying to find the check-in office. Apparently they had recently moved to another location. There were no directions to this new location, only an address.
The check-in experience went well. The staff was courteous and fast. The room accommodations were spacious, clean and modern. Very nice. No complaints there.
Here's where the nightmare begins:
Our rooms were located in Bldg. 8 on the 6th floor. Bldg. 8 was under construction. It is located approx. 1/4 mile down the road, which is separate from the other buildings. Half of the building was completely empty. The other half which is where we stayed was incomplete. Every floor had huge boxes stacked to the ceiling with furniture and appliances. You couldn't even see the lobby for the boxes. There were maintenance folks everywhere. This was very unsettling. We immediately requested other accomodations but were told there was nothing else available.

There was banging and hammering going on throughout our stay (we were there 6 days). We were awakened one morning at 5:00am to moving furniture and drilling in the unit above us.

The phone in one of our rooms didn't work. We called the front desk twice to complain. They finally sent someone to fix it but never got it working.

The pool was closed the entire time. They had a notice up saying they were waiting for a permit. We had to get in our car and literally drive to one of the other buildings up front just to use a pool.

There were these huge spotlights on the building that I swear were bright enough to land planes, pouring into our bedroom windows. The room was lit up even with the blinds closed. They left them on until 1:20am every morning.

There was a construction site adjacent to our building. We had to maneuver around it to get in and out of the parking lot. From our balcony you could hear construction noises from sun up to sun down. No relaxing there.

In short, the room accomodations were nice, and the location was perfect (approx. 5 minutes from Disney) but the building just was not ready for occupancy.
And by the way, we were never approached with a timeshare sales pitch. I wonder why!!??

Absolutely Fabulous

I have read some of the lower ratings/reviews and am astonished. We stayed at the vacation Village back in May of 03 and have since not found a better place to stay. I thought the directions they provided were excellent, check in was extremely fast and pleasant. We did opt for the time share speech/breakfast simply because we have stayed at Radisson Resorts and love the breakfast they offer (which is where they take you). It takes about 2 hours and you don't "have" to buy anything. Make that clear the minute you sit down to eat and it makes breakfast pleasant. Anyway, the room, oh my goodness the room was magnificent. Sparkling clean counters, dishers and faucets, perfectly folded towels, comfy and stylish furnishings, wonderful King size bed, nice balconies, gorgeous dining room table, more than adequately furnished kitchen, and a enormous TV! Our room was nicely furnished as far as pictures, plants and things of that nature. The ceramic tile floors were so clean they shined. We loved it. The staff wasn't unpleasant at all, but rather friendly. I think people mistake frustration for rudeness. When you work in resort management it's hectic and chaotic and that I understand. I thought they were great and helpful also when it came to getting disney tickets, finding groceries and stuff of that nature. They came when called when we couldn't figure out how to lower the tempreture on our AC, and they came in just a matter of minutes. They were great! The cleaning staff smiled, even the man in the hot sun clipping hedges smiled and greeted us in passing. The pool area is wonderful too and I really enjoyed late night swims. It was wonderful. We travel several times a year to resorts & on cruises where you are literally catered too down to turning down your bed and bringing you a glass of water and I still loved this resort! It was quiet and friendly and absolutely made me feel as though I were in one of the tropical resorts I've visited. The palm trees, pools, and ambience were truly wonderful. I would highly recommend this resort! And suggest to those weighing too heavily on the negative comments posted here to consider this: Sometimes travelars have bad experiences and maybe some of these folks came with a negative outlook, expecting the worse. Perhaps the kids got on their nerves during the long drive, perhaps they had car trouble, perhaps they are just not pleasant! Most times any experience is what you make of it. This resort certainly did not lack in any department and could not have possibly been as bad as some have claimed. As I've said I've stayed in high quality, 5 star, high dollar resorts, on cruise lines etc and enjoyed this one more than most.

Pleasent Experience

Our experience was a pleasant one, my biggest complaint would be finding the place. The address on Expedia and the actual place were different, once we found the place check-in went very smoothly. The room was nice and big (I'm a Westgate owner) and I must say this place was very clean, I just wished it had a ceiling fan in the bedroom.
I think the unit was bigger than what we are used to. We will definatly stay here again, we had a family of 4 and choose the larger unit.

very pleasant stay

I bought a week's stay through Sky Auction without knowing anything
about the property. I didn't pay a great deal for the week and decided that if it was not good I'd simply leave. However, the stay turned out to be really nice. This property has hundreds of apartments but it is very spread out and has "conservation areas" within the property that are dedicated to a natural state and which the birds seem to love.
The "suites" are large and nicely appointed. I bid on a two bedroom and when I got there I discovered that it amounted to two separate apartments, each with its own kitchen, living room, dining area, good-sized bedroom and balacony. The larger suite contained , additionally, a large Jacuzzi, king-sized bed, large screen TV and a dishwasher. The location is very convenient to Disney and there are a number of eateries to which you could walk. The property has several pools, a computer room , an exercise room and a game room.
I found the staff very pleasant and helpful. I should mention also that I was not asked, even once, about purchasing a time share or bothered in anyway concerning this. All in all I spent a very enjoyable week at this property and I would certainly recommend it.

great time

the lady who wrote the last one must not have been at this resort...it is absolutely beautiful and everyone was helpful and cheery....there are kids but, we are one mile from disney for a reason.....we had a great time and even bought a time share here so we could return every year.....there are so many great activities and services ....hope you will try it out soon.....

storefront kissimeestorefront kissimee