Worldgate Resort

Satisfaction Poor

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Radisson Worldgate Resort

Never stay here

My friend and I booked this hotel in good faith as part of our 5 week American vacation. Having stayed in superb accomodation over the 5 weeks, the Worldgate was our last stop. We were looking forward to chilling out in sunny Florida after all our travelling and wanted to have a relaxing time.How wrong we were. Despite having requested an upper floor since the previous December (we stayed there in April this year) we were given a ground floor room (Rm 142 - NEVER STAY IN IT) . I objected but was ASSURED that I did not want to be on an upper floor as that is where all the spring breakers were. LIES. The spring breakers broke the elevator and they used the fire exit right beside our room as their get out. Every night for 6 days we had to listen to not just a few, but at least 60 students shouting, singing, dancing outside our bedroom door and the staff did NOTHING to help. We did not get one decent nights sleep the whole time we were there. The hotel was the students for the time they were there and the staff did not care about the other guests. Despite the fact that we were told we would be given discount, when it came to check out time, we were given a lousy few dollars off, but we will be taking the matter further. As well as this, during our self service breakfast we were approached by a waitress who asked us for a bigger tip than the one we had left her.The staff in this hotel, bar maybe 2, are the most unhelpful, rude and up their own backsides bunch of people I have ever met in my life. For your own sake if you do go to America during spring break, DON'T STAY HERE. Go to a hotel where the staff actually care about you and you get what you are paying for.

It was ok......

We just returned from a 6 night stay here. I bid on priceline at the 3* level in the Walt Disney World Area and this is what I got. I had called ahead to ask for a king non-smoking room on an upper floor with a Disney view and was told BEFORE I arrived that there would be no problem in meeting my demands....WRONG!!!! Upon arrival (after a 18 hr cartrip with a preschooler) we were told that we couldn't have a higher up room or a king bed as there was a convention there. Although that night we seemed to be the only people on the entire 4th floor. Our room had a lovely view of a wall.

We checked in and upon seeing our room, decided we would go out for awhile. We turned down the air conditioner before we left; 3 hrs. later we returned to a still HOT and STICKY room. I called the front desk and told them about it. Instead of giving us a new room, they sent a grumpy old repairman to our room. He was openly complaining to the other repairman about how "they don't like this one, so I guess we have to put in the other one. I think the only thing that is wrong is they must have left the curtains open and let the sun in." I THINK we would know the difference between the warmth of the sun and the air conditioner not working properly. Anyhow, they proceded to put in a new air conditioner while we were sitting there on our beds. (The new one DID work ALOT better) Afterall this we decided to not be here any longer than we had to...Sleep, get ready and leave, everyday for 6 days. Not my idea of a 3*, but we had paid for it already and were not about to lose our money. So we managed. I guess you get what you pay for. I'll know better than to use priceline EVER again.

The public spaces (lobby, pool, etc) were fairly nice looking. (Which is all that you can see pictures of on their website) But when you use the back entrance to the elevators to the rooms and in the rooms, you feel as though you've stepped into a dungeon of 80's filth.

The hotel could be a nice hotel with a major renovation, especially to all the guest rooms. Maybe adding ALOT more lighting in the bathrooms would take away from the dungeon feel of the rooms.

All in all, it's not a hotel I would choose to stay in. But given our circumstances, we had no other choice. Oh well, lesson learned.

Great Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Julie4_7

I stayed at the WorldGate over Memorial Day weekend with my mom and daughter. It was a great hotel! I was really worried and almost canceled my reservation after reading these reviews, but the room was nice and clean, and the hotel was definitely above average. Clean, high ceilings, it's a Radisson now and you can tell. It's more of a resort than a hotel. When I checked in, the guy told me that my room was $35, and I payed $47 through eLeisure link, so I wasn't very happy about that. The toilet didn't work correctly, so they were super nice and moved me to another room. With a little persuading, I got moved to a suite for only $40 more a night. The suite was huge and gorgeous! We had room service dinner, which was exquisite, and room service breakfast each day. This is a great hotel, but I'd call them yourself to get a deal, don't pay extra for whatever site you book through. It's only one mile from Disney World, which was great since that's where I was going. I didn't use the shuttles; I had a rental car and I was glad I did, since I could come and go as I wanted. Jonathan, the manager, is extremely nice and went out of his way to accommodate our every need. I would definitely stay there again!

Loved the Orlando Worldgate!!!

I thought this was a great hotel. Luxury, not quite, but definitely above average accomodations. Yes, there were lizards in the front driveway, but they are all over that part of Florida (from what i have been told). Actually, my 6 year old enjoyed seeing the lizards since we don't have them in NJ. The rooms were clean and hotel service was friendly and accomodating. I loved the fact that there were refrigerators in every room so that I keep cold drinks in there for the parks. Shuttle services was reliable and free. This hotel was very close to Disney and there were many restaraunts and stores within walking distance. I would go back to this hotel for my next trip to Disney. I have stayed at the Disney Resorts in the past, and this was a MUCH better value for your money.

Worldgate was wonderful for our conference

Our week-long conference at the Worldgate was wonderful. Linda Tinelli and Georgette George made it fabulous taking care of our every whim, and Walter Barrows from Presentation Services handled the AV. Our meeting was a success, our events went like clockwork and the food was yummy. My room was great and my roomkeeper Pam Munson went our of her way to protect the small computer center I had set up there. Wireless internet in the south tower was strong and fast. It was as good as being at home. I recommend bringing your conference to the Worldgate, they know how to make everything go smooth and the food delicious.

Radisson "WHY WOULD YOU CLAIM THIS?" Worldgate Rest Stop

This hotel is a trashy dump. From the moment you arrive, you appreciate the potentially-pleasant atmosphere...then you notice the cracked and discolored ceilings and awnings; a dated, boring color scheme; and a putrid smell. That's just the outside! On the inside you'll find a snooty Manager with a dandruff problem, more cracked and water-stained ceilings, and an elevator that operates as if it is being cranked manually by an ape. The rooms are nothing special; the views are limited to the parking area or the cluttered top of another building; and you'll soon discover that you and your family are not the only creatures in the room. It's a nightmare, but I suppose for someone who has been to a hotel that is comparably priced, the "world-class" service that WorldGate boasts is satisfactory. For the frequent traveler, however - or the Marriott Rewards members who eventually voted WorldGate out of the Marriott family - this place is a dump, or as one Gold guest said to me, "this place is marginal at best."

Enjoyed my stay

I ended up staying at the Worldgate becuase I bid $55 for a three star hotel close to Disney for the week of 6/30-7/6. After reading a few negative reviews from this site I was a little nervous. I am happy to report that the hotel was wonderful. The room was clean and neat and the staff was extremely friendly. I did not notice any problems that a few other respondents noted. Since we were having a Disney/Universal Studios holiday it was very convenient that the hotel sold discounted tickets. The hotel was located very close to Disney world and about 10 minutes away from Universal and Sea World. It is also located on a strip with lots of other hotels, stores and restaurants. I would recommend this hotel to others.

Pleasant stay at the Worldgate

Nice place to stay. My family and I ( 2A, 3Ch) have just returned from spending 14 nights here. The location is great! We timed it at 3 minutes from here to Animal Kingdom. Our room was spotless, bedlinen, towels etc were always fresh. We left it like a bombsite every morning and it was immaculate when we returned in the evening. Although our view was of a carpark it looked towards Disney and we could see the Epcot fireworks at night like a previous reviewer. The staff were friendly and helpful. My kids loved the pool and the complimentary towels there were very convenient. Overall we had a very pleasant stay and would do so again.

cannot fault it

For our first visit to America we were apprehensive about what to expect, especially after reading mixed reviews. No problems, excellent hotel with two very pleasant pools, a useful shop for essentials and gifts, and good eating options. The room was spacious and well equipped with an extremely efficient cleaner! Then the bonus, perfect location for visiting the parks, Disney could not be easier to get to, and Sea World and Universal, although a little farther away, still easily navigated. On any future visit we would be more than happy to return.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jocat94

We'd booked this hotel over a year ago whilst it was still a Renaissance, and over that time it seemed to drastically change for the worse. The reviews went downhill, and we actually considered changing our accommodation as we wondered what we were letting ourselves in for. However, we decided to go with an open mind, and we are so glad that we did. We checked into our room and instantly breathed a huge sigh of relief. There were no signs of any of the problems that others had encountered. It was very clean and spacious - it had far more room than the other two Orlando hotels we have visited previously, and we ended up spending more time in the hotel pool than we thought we would. Out of approximately 7 visits to the South Tower pool, we had the entire pool area to ourselves for 5 of those visits! This was great for our two ten year old children who could play (sometimes a little noisily) without disturbing anyone else. The location was also great, and we made use of the back road into Disney many times - exactly 2 minutes drive to Animal Kingdom. The only thing I can't comment on was the food, as we ate out at every opportunity. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

storefront kissimeestorefront kissimee