5300 Fairfield Lake Drive, 34746

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 15% higher than other 3 star hotels

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

A Fairfield Condo Complex

I got this reservation off the internet, and don't know what the regular price is. It is probably not the cheapest place to stay, but I did see a place that sleeps 4 for $800/week, which would be $114/day.

Unique Quality: Our accommodation included a full kitchen, living room and bedroom (each with their own TV) with laundry facilities right in the suite (free). There was a pool behind the next unit which included a spa and was quite warm - almost like bathwater.

There are a multitude of restaurants along the front of the property.

Directions: From I-4 get off at exit 68 and follow Florida 535 to Scott Blvd. Fairfield Lake Drive will be on your right after you go under the overpass. Check-in is at the back of the property - follow the signs.

More about Wyndham Cypress Palms Kissimmee

Loved Fairfield fot the most part

Fairfield Cypress Palms was a good place to stay. It is in a very convenient location. Close to all attractions, yet set back from the main road for a feeling of privacy. Grounds were very well maintained. My only complaint was that the entire Fairfield chain doesn't seem to have jumped onto the "comfortable hotel bed" bandwagon. Most of the nicer hotel chains have very comfotable beds these days (down comforters, mattress pads, etc.), but Fairfield beds are terrible. It's just a mattress with a cover that's more to protect the mattress than for any sort of comfort. If the beds were more comfortable to sleep in, this would have been an EXCELLENT stay, instead of just ABOVE AVERAGE.

Great Resort

by TripAdvisor Member lulu30

Just got back from a week at Fairfield Cypress Palms. At first, we were a bit hesitant because we were planning to bid on an e-bay auction for a week at this resort, but after reading the reviews on this site, we decided to go ahead and bid. We must say we are more than pleased with this resort. We were in a one bedroom unit, with a sleeper sofa in the livingroom area, the unit was very spacious and roomy and very clean. Our unit overlooked one of the pools and the lake. Great Views, especially when you sit out on your own screened in balcony. The unit was spacious enough for my husband and I and our two daughters. There was a bathroom with entry from either the bedroom or living room and a jacuzzi tub in the bedroom. The decor was pleasant and modern. Kitchen was nice size and very well equipped. There is washer and dryer in the unit which was very convenient. The staff is very pleasant, courteous and professional, from beginning to end. When you check in they offer you a presentation in exchange for tickets to the parks or for cash, we declined and were left alone, no pressure. We loved that!!! The resort is located right off 192, which concerned me at first because of all the traffic and noise but the resort is far enough that you don't even hear any of the traffic noise. Very peaceful. There is a CVS pharmacy right down the road from the resort, which was great because it was open 24 hrs and we did need it one late night, literally walking distance, and so were a whole strip of restaurants right down the road on 192, there's Cracker Barrel, Uno's, Romano's Macaroni Grill and many more. All in all great place to stay. Another benefit was it's location was coveniently close to DISNEY. Our only complaint was one night my daughter complained about being cold, we pulled out the blankets and they were pretty worn and they didn't smell freshly washed, so we threw them in the washer ourselves and solved that problem. The sheets and other bed linen was clean. This resort was so worth what we paid, we got a deal at auction, and we'll definitely stay here again. This resort is as close as you get to a 4* resort for a bargain.

Another unbiased review

by TripAdvisor Member suburbantoo

Spent 4 nights here at $70/ nite and we were extremly pleased with the value. We are not timeshare owners anywhere and never will be but we have had great luck with renting excess timeshare inventory for bargain rates. We booked a 1 bedroom and were provided a 2 bedroom upon arrival. The only complaint we had was the A/C had a rather large temperature swing causing the unit to get warm before cycling on to take it back down to a chilly low. It constantly went through this routine.

The property is very well maintained and was very quiet. We wouldn't hesitate to book again.

Great place to stay

Just returned from my vacation in Orlando. We booked our stay at the Fairfield due to the reviews we read and let me say, we were not disappointed!!! Stayed in the smaller one bedroom and it was large enough for 2 adults and 1 child. The rooms were clean, grounds well kept, pool area was nice, and the staff was helpful and friendly. Great restaurants close by. Had Uno's pizza one night and it was really good. Location was even good to get to Disney. Had to drive a little further to get to SeaWorld and Universal, but it was no big deal. I've stayed at a Disney Resort before and the Fairfield was alot more pleasant and relaxing. If I'm ever in Orlando again, I will make sure to book here.

Acceptable accomodations

by TripAdvisor Member Laura99

Since my husband and I are military, we stayed here at a reduced rate as part of the Armed Forces Vacation Club. We could have chosen a 2 bedroom, but due to the dates available, chose the 1 bedroom. We were given the smallest and probably least maintained of the units (I peeked into some others during the day when the maids clean). We had no screened balcony, just windows that were on the outdoor walkways - which meant we kept our blinds closed all of the time. The unit was clean for the most part. The sheets on the bed had been laundered, but had blood stains which did not come out. The towels were a bit frayed as well. The toilet handle kept getting stuck if you did not jiggle it. There were crayon marks on the coffee table, and the little kitchen / dining area was very small. When using the shower, the water pressure varied by time of day and what your neighbor was doing. On the plus side, the grounds were well maintained and the pools looked nice, although the better of the 2 pools was closed for maintenance during our stay. We were close to Disney and other tourists sites, as well as our friends. We sat through the 1 hour presentation and walked out with $100 for our time. I would try this place again, but would go for the 2 bedroom and hope for a better unit.

Stop on the Way to Miami

by grandmaR

"Arriving"

We got to the Orlando area a little before 2 p.m. I had gotten out the stash of maps, in which I had one of Orlando, but it dropped un-noticed to the floor, so I couldn't find it and had to go by the computer map which is hard to see with the sun coming in the windshield so strongly.

We stopped just before we reached the resort at a Hess station and got fuel. We went 262 miles today. Then we checked in at the Cypress Palms Condo. I got this off the internet as a special good deal for service men, but Bob thought it was way overkill for one night and felt that we could get something much less expensive and wouldn't have had to come inland.

At this resort we had a living room with a cleaning closet (little sweeper and ironing board, plus place to hang stuff), a full kitchen, a washer and a dryer right in the unit, a vanity area (with sink), a toilet/bath room, and a bedroom. We had two TVs and a king sized bed. It was $66.67

The girl checking us in was new and a bit flustered, and she forgot to give us a parking pass, so when we went out to eat dinner, we had to stop by the reception desk again to get one. They had those deer statues made of lights in the lobby, and they moved.

We had a choice of a lot of different places including a place with an all you could eat seafood buffet, but I wasn't really interested in doing seafood although I think that would have been Bob's choice. There was also a Longhorn Steakhouse, Chili's, Macaroni Grill, Uno pizza and even an Orange World across the street. But we ended up at Cracker Barrel.

This chain seems like it should be very nostalgic, and they did have portraits and daguerreotypes and 30s fashion prints and old kitchen implement decorations on the walls.

The girl who seated us kind of dowsed us to our seats. She walked ahead of us holding the menus in front of her, and she would seem to be going toward a table, and then veer off and go in another direction. She finally put us at a table in no-man's-land which none of the servers were knew that they were responsible for. So some of the service was done by the manager, and some by a waitress who was responsible for a lot of other tables in the section. She might have been Russian - she had an accent and her name was Svetlana.

I was not that impressed with the food. I ordered chicken and dumplings, and the dumplings were kind of flat like bow pasta, and they were covered with thick white gravy. I couldn't finish it. I also had greens (which were good), broccoli and cheese (you could hardly see the broccoli for the thick cheese), and corn muffins. Bob had fried chicken livers, corn, cole slaw and rolls. Both of these were $6.99. We both had dessert - I had berry cobbler ($2.39), and Bob had apple pecan streusel pie.($2.59) - both a la mode.

Bob bought some candy in the store afterwards - I looked around there but nothing was anything I'd want to have.

I waited about an hour, and then I put on my bathing suit and went swimming. The pool was nice and warm - almost body temperature. A lot of others were using it too. After I did a bit of swimming, I went and washed me hair. Bob thought that we should make some use of the facilities, so he washed all our dirty clothes.

"December 9, 2004"

We left the resort about 9:15 and went down 192 towards the Florida Turnpike.

A lot of the billboards in this section of the state are just skeletons with the billboard part having been blown away by the hurricanes, and there are also lots of houses with blue tarp roofs.

While we were driving we considered getting a Sun Pass. Apparently the transponder is $25, and you get 1/4 off on the toll. So if you used $100 worth of tolls it would only cost $75. I called the toll people on the phone to find this out, and I asked him (checking to see if I had it right), that you'd have to use $100 worth of tolls in order to break even and pay for the transponder.

The amount of toll on our ticket was $13.70, but if we bought one in the rest stop (which we could have done), it wouldn't have gone into effect until 4 p.m. We did stop at a rest stop about noon and ate at Burger King. They also had Miami Subs, and Nathan's with Arthur Treachers and TCBY. After 40 minutes, we were on the road again.

I discovered that I could spot the dumps by the circling vultures overhead. I'd look up in the sky ahead and see big birds. When we got closer, sure enough there was a big dump. We also started having toll booths on the turnpike rather than having a ticket with one fee to pay. We got to our daughter's about 2:15 p.m. and her nanny let us in.

Our daughter took our grandson to practice, and then our granddaughter went to soccer. Bob went with them. It's about the end of the soccer season. Then friends of theirs came over and we all drove to El Toro Taco. They put 3 tables together for us - there were 9 of us. Our daughter and her friend brought coolers with their own drinks.

I had zopes, which were corn tortillas with chicken and lettuce and a white dry crumbly cheese. Bob had tacos which were about $5.00. We also got a cheese mixture and put some of the tomato into it and they gave us flour tortillas to put it on. That was very good too.

Next: Flying to New Orleans