Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

900 Cayman Way, Off Buena Vista Drive, Orlando, Florida, 32830-1000, United States
Hotels.com amextravel.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

lovely place to stay

by debsk about Disney carribean beach resort

Get In The Calypso Spirit
buildings 24,25, 26 martinique are the closest to the old port royale food court and main pool. however we were on the opposite side but there was a bridge and we enjoyed the walk along the wildlife,sand and trees that others were missing.
if you want to stay close to the main bus stop then request a room in buildings 24, 25, 26 of martinique or 31 of trinidad the main bus stop is just out the front of the old port royale,
there are secondary bus stops which are close to buildings 33 of trinidad north, buildings 36, 37, of trinidad south. and buildings 44,45 of jamaicia.

want to be close to the quite pool and a little seclusion then buildings 55 or 52 Aruba try ask for the second floor to avod foot traffic,
unfortunate for us we arrived at this hotel the day before hurricane charley. the hotel did everything they could to keep the guests safe and entertained. we congregated in food hall which was rammed to brim with hungry guest and the queues were far too long to deal with but then there was a hurriccane in the way. as the weather battered the hotel and the surrounding grounds minnie mouse and other characters arrived to help eliviate the tension. i must say it helped me and im sure lots of other scared people.

the next day the hotel had been battered a fare bit, but the clean up team were soon on the case and they worked hard to get it all back to normal.
once we were in the eye of the storm we drove to the room were there was a letter telling us exactly what we needed to do for our safety. i feel that they could have done no more it was now upto us to obey these rules and we did. Five brightly-colored "island" villages surround a sparkling 45-acre lake
near Epcot. A themed pool area includes an island fortress complete
with a water slide. Additional recreation features sand beaches, heated
"quiet" pools, a marina, bike rentals, and a nature trail. The Old Port
Royale area in the middle of the villages offers a lively shopping bazaar, food
court and table service dining and two lounges.
Soak in the ambience of the tropics in one of five colorful "island villages" — each with its own white sand beach.

STANDARD VIEW--- offers a view with lanscapes, inner courtyards, parking lot or mixture of theses. i asked for a room with a view but it appears that all rooms are discribed with a view hence ours was the carpark.

WATER/POOL VIEW... view of the lake (barefoot bay), of pool or a mixture of these.

....the room was large with t.v table and king size bed. there was a seperate dressing area were you hang your clothes as ther are no wardrobes. the room was very clean even with the problems during our stay.

A very Beautiful resort but.......

by TripAdvisor Member debbiest23

I thought the Caribbean Beach Resort on Disney porperty was a really pretty resort.The room was nice but have to agree with previous poster that it was on the small side.I did like the fact they had duo sinks in the bathroom.With two women you need more counter space and that's what it provided.The resort is around a lake with each village being a different color and each having it's own pool and beach area.You can't swim in the lake but there are lounge chairs and hammocks for your use.The pool bar,food court,and gift shop are nice but everything is terribly expensive!! Unless you have a rental car to go outside the property you are stuck paying their outrageous prices on site! It was a great resort and we had a wonderful time but I think I'll stay outside Disney the next time.

The nicest resort/hotel I've ever stayed at!!

I have stayed at many resorts in travels, and this one is the best!!! I was there for a cheerleading competition at the Disney All Star Arena. I took my daughter over the the All Star Resort to registered her squad for the competition and it reminded me of a huge housing project. There were kids EVERYWHERE, even at 11 at night! We went back to the Caribbean Beach and all we could hear was crickets, peace and quiet! The service at the restaurants, snack bars and shops was wonderful. Everyone made us feel so welcome and at home. The lake was beautiful with all of the fish, turtles, and tropical birds! The pools were extra large and very clean. There is a beautiful track that goes the full length around the lake, so you can unwind after a long day at the parks. The transportation was outstanding. One bus driver was off duty and he gave us a ride back to our resort! What a guy! The food wasn't too spendy, as long as you stick with the snack bar type of food, which was diverse enough for me! By all means buy the cup for 10.99 and save, save, save on pop while you stay at any of the Disney resorts. I would definately stay there again, hands down. Thanks Disney for a wonderful experience for my daughter and I!!!!

Loved It!!

I am 16 years old and this was my third time in Florida but my first time staying in a Disney Resort and I absolutely loved it! The hotel was lovely and just a short coach ride to all the Disney theme parks and there was so much to do on site. I was staying in Barbados and although it was a bit of a walk to the bar and the food court etc, I didn't mind at all as each "island" has its own pool and facilities which was very convenient. Also, the buildings and the lake were beautiful and created such a happy and friendly atmosphere. I really enjoed myself as did my parents and I would recommend this resort to anyone considering a vacation in Orlando Florida!

it was ok

this hotel is pretty dont get me wrong but I think it dosen't offer you anything. The rooms are small, if you need a drink you'll die of thirst before you get to the food court. Its so far away whats up with that "MICKY". The bus stops were ok. The pools were to crowded. Way to crowded. I would never stay here again. The Beach Club is worth the money.

wonderful and beautiful

We just got back from a one week vacation fromDisney and this resort. It was our first trip and everything was perfect. The rooms are spotless and the staff are so friendly. We ate at the food court for almost every meal and thought that the food was great and the prices about average. We were pleasantly surprised at the overall prices thinking that it would be very over priced on everything. The prices here and at the parks are no higher than any other park or ball park for that matter. We are going back and would not even think about staying some where else.

A bad taste of Disney!

We just got back from the resort. It was a very, very, very, bad experience! The room was filthy! They did not clean our room at all. All the maid did was make the bed, replace the towels, and dump the trash (except on one day she didn't dump the trash and never chaged the sheets)! We complained and were told if you dont like it you can check out! It rained and inside the room in front of the door was soaked! We called the front desk and they said they would send someone to check it out. That person showed up and handed us a stack of towels and walked away! The carpet was very dirty with stains. The carpet in front of the door was peeling up from getting wet so much. I would not let my two kids play on the floor! My wife found dead bugs on the bathroom floor also. I would not stay there again! I recommend staying off site! I would rate the room as a negative 5.

Overpriced/Under appointed

by TripAdvisor Member Shoegamma

We booked two rooms as we visited the resort with our adult children and 5 year old grandson. Upon entering, the room immediately gave me a "college dorm room" feel. The "open" closet and double sink area could be separated from the room by pulling a curtain.....definately a "cheesy" touch. There were no hairdriers nor magnifying mirrors provided. (The latter becoming more and more of a necessity for us grandmothers.) No refrigerators are provided. Again, the central "Market Place" felt more like a college "commons;" however, the costs for food and beverages were astronomical! Even a high priced bagel did not include a serving of cream cheese, That was extra! Also, it seemed odd that even though the resort was situated around a lake, no swimming beach was offered. As a whole, our vacation was lots of fun, but for the price, I think our lodging accommidations could have been much better.....at least I hope so!

Expect Problems!

Would I recommend: Probably not. We stayed one night at this resort just prior to departing for a cruise. There were 3 of us that stayed in the room and, while it was a little small and ok for us, I wouldn't recommend it for a family with 2 kids. If you don't have a car, be prepared to walk and walk and walk between your room and the food area. We had one person in our group who recently had knee surgery and it was almost impossible for her to get around. The worst problem was that the food court closed way too early. And, because our phone didn't work (which we complained about 4 times), we weren't able to even order a pizza to be delivered. Thus, we had to eat out of the mini-bar. (Upon checkout, we explained about the phone not working, how it was never fixed, and they did not charge us for the mini-bar purchases.) Certainly would not stay here again - ever!

Great for Disney Resort

We just got back yesterday. I think overall it was a great resort. I know you can get better off site and at a deluxe resort, but this was just fine for us. We stayed in bld #31 Trinidad North, it was perfect, close to the food court and the main pool. Your other option would be Martinique. You have to be selective about the bld you choose otherwise you will walk very far to get to the items you want to get to. The rooms were clean and well kept, no complaints. You have to remember this is a disney resort, you will pay lots more for food and general stuff than in the real world. The food court was open until 11pm. We had a great time, myself and spouse and two children for 8 days.

Epcot and the World ShowcaseEpcot and the World Showcase

Mom and some of her great grandchildrenMom and some of her great grandchildren

GranddaughterGranddaughter

Mickey and one of my granddaughtersrMickey and one of my granddaughtersr

Comments