1000 W Buena Vista Dr, Orlando, Florida, 32830, United States

by Delta70

Coronado Springs Hotel
Walt Disney Resort Area
Orlando, FL
We had a seven day package for 3 persons. facilities, transportation, views, food, were excellent.

Thought it was great!!

I had mixed feelings after reading a few reviews about the Coronado Springs Resort but they were quickly put to rest when my husband, children, and I stayed there. The staff were wonderful and very friendly (a big contrast to the park workers at Disney World...many of whom were in quite a bad mood) and the facilities were very clean. The pools were good and the Pepper Market restaurant was good....not gourmet but my kids really loved it. The cheeseburgers and things on the Grill were awesome. I would advise tourists to spring for a frig in the room if offered...the restaurant food can add up in a hurry. Also, get the Park Hopper passes. And most importantly, dine at the 50's Prime Time Cafe at the Disney/MGM Studios park. It was one of the highlights of our trip!

Overall Great Experience

My wife, 7-year-old daughter and I had a great time at Coronado Springs last November. The Pepper Market was a terrific way to get real good food fast and is a terrific concept. However, I didn't find out toward the end of the trip that there was a 10% gratuity already added on. Oh well. The pools were all great and we had lunch by the main pool. For Disney, the food prices were reasonable--I was expecting worse!!

Yes, the room was small, but we were really only in the room from 10p til early the next morning during the week.

And, yes, it was quite a walk to the lobby/restuarants, but the weather was in the 70s most of the time, so we didn't mind.

When we checked out on a Friday, a large gang of loud, unruly teenagers were checking in. Thank goodness they weren't there for our stay. I would have been one unhappy camper, as I'm a picky guest. I like my peace and quiet

Overall, it was a great expereince and we'll be back next year as well, along with our one-year-old daughter as well.

Liked it, but.....

Returned from Disney World on 8/8 after a 6 night stay at the Coronado Springs. I concur with some previous assessments on this resort, especially with the food court. My husband, 6 year old daughter and I spent $60.00, not including the collector mugs, on dinner in the food court. Way overpriced! And the punching of the tickets, what a hassle.
We previously stayed at the Caribbean and expected the same set up, what a surprise. The condition of our room, in the Casitas section, was good. My 2 major issues, aside from the crazy and expensive food court set up, were the main pool being so far away from the food court and the buses. We waited 30 - 45 minutes minimum when trying to catch the bus to our destinations. I mean at the resort itself and at all of the parks. That is ridiculous, especially when the other resorts had at least 3 buses stop in the time span. Can't blame this one on the time of the year!

Romance or Family Fun!!!! Has Both

We have stayed there several times (6 to be precise). We stayed once while we were dating - it was very romantic. Once on our we to our honeymoon - again romantic. The last 4 times with our daughter and she has a blast. Spent several days at the resort and did not need to go to the crowded parks - she just wanted to go down the waterslide - over and over and over. Not as romantic but great family fun. Good food. GREAT STAFF. Nice rooms - not the Grand Floridian - but not that price either.

Great quiet pool, but...

by TripAdvisor Member ValHannah

We loved our location of our room, it was about 20 feet away from the quiet pool of the Cabanas. Each morning my kids and I would watch a mother duck and her new babies swim in the pool. Of course we thought it was the cutest thing we had ever seen, but there was a drawback to this wonderful sight. My kids ended up with an eye infection. The doctor believed it was most likely from the feathers of the ducks. I felt awful blaming the little ducks, but on a good day, there was only 6-8 people using the pool. If I were to stay there again I would report my concern this time around!

Coronado is First Rate

I agree about the Cheerio. Pick it up and throw it away! This was an awesome resort for the value. The scenery was gorgeous and the staff so accomodating. It is very important to read online reviews before you go, and look at a map of the resort. Decide if you want to be near the convention center, food courts, main pool, and/or bus stops. With children, opt for being near the main pool The Dig (which is terrific) and a bus stop, Cabanas 8B or 8A. The staff will accomodate you with room choice when you check in as much as they can. I do have to say, however, with the whole Disney experience, if you are a family on the go, and don't spend much time in the room, only have two kids, the budget resorts, All Stars, are a great way to save money. While we loved the theme pool, we only used it twice because of being on the go all day long (7 day trip). We were only in the room to sleep. The only negative is that there needs to be a drink kiosk near each section because the $10 refillable mugs are a waste when you have to walk so far to fill them. I often went to the vending machine for a Coke because I was too tired to walk.

Water Views ?

by TripAdvisor Member GrumpyGuy

First trip to WDW, wanted the "on-site" experience, budget said "Moderate" so we chose the CSR. Did our research, requested "Cabanas" (two times, separate phone calls) and crossed our fingers. Paid for the "water view". We check in at the specified 3 PM. No Cabana rooms available. No big surprise there. Then the room clerk candidly tells us our water view is "more like a mudhole" but tries to room us there anyway in Ranchos 6A. My girlfriend explains our two requests for location. Room clerk reassigns us a room she was "saving for one of her parties" and we go to Casitas 3 - corner room, ground floor, but a nice view of Lago Dorado. Since I have a car and the original room number, I drive over to look at our original room assignment. Ground floor, corner room, both windows look at the parking lot. I look hard for any water feature and find none.

I didn't see this addressed in any other review here so I spoke up. A "water view" at CSR is not necessarily a view of the 15 acre lake. An interior Casitas room with a fountain in the courtyard is considered a "water view". The artificial riverbed that the landscaper created in the Ranchos courtyard is apparently considered a "water view". A pond separate from the main "Lago Dorado" is considered a "water view".

My point is, do your homework, make your preferences known in advance, and be prepared to advocate for yourself on arrival. If my GF didn't politely speak up, we would have spent a week on the farthest side of the resort with two views of the parking lot and a fifteen minute walk to "El Centro", the Pepper Market, and the Maya Grill.

The hotel itself is beautiful and in great condition. The main pool and the "Dig Site" is great for kids. The water slide is excellent ! The Quiet Pools, one for each building, are well located and popular. The Pepper Market is not cheap, but the quality was reasonable.

Our room was clean and efficiently maintained. We had to make three requests to get our requested refrigerator delivered, however. We were out early and home late and didn't interact with a lot of staff. But I did observe that the "Disney Magic" seemed to be in short supply. The "Jambos" that are plentiful at the Animal Kingdom did not translate to "Holas" at the CSR.

CSR is considered a "Disney's Animal Kingdom" area resort. My "above average" rating was influenced by the fact that we had a rental car to navigate WDW. Families with small children may want to be based closer to the Magic Kingdom.

Bottom line - we would definitely stay at the CSR again. All of the amenities are there, and you can decide to spend the extra $$$ if you require them.

it was great

The food at the resort is to expensive, my wife and i went to the grocery store to buy food. I mean how dumd is a twenty oz coke for $ 2.50??.nice pool, however the staff ride around on those gator trucks and speed around the lake on the foot paths the kids use to go to the pool

Delta70's new Florida Page

by Delta70

We have been to Florida over 7 times and it is still one of our best places to vacation, especially on the Orlando area.

We were in Orlando the first week of January 2001 and we stayed at the Coronado Springs Resort, a Disney hotel and the experience was very good.

Italy pavilion inside the World Showcase @ WDWItaly pavilion inside the World Showcase @ WDW

Sidewalk lightsSidewalk lights

Waiting to be seatedWaiting to be seated

Comments