3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

1510 North Cove Road Off Buena Vista Drive; PO Box 10000, Orlando, Florida 32830-1000, United States

Tingo.com Expedia.com Hotelsclick.com

Costs 157% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• Disney's small rooms

Room very small. TV was a 19" old TV.
    Beds were hard. When walking to our room from the bus at night saw a rat scurrying across the walk way.
    On the plus side. The breakfast at the resort was great and great front desk service.
    Beautiful grounds and pool.

More about Disney's Old Key West Resort

Old Key West Resort A Paradise

This was my third time staying at Old Key West Resort. All three stays were wonderful, the rooms are gorgeous, we stay in the two bedroom suites. They have everything,full kitchen, three tvs, laundry room, a true home away from home, except its on a golf course with a balcony view! :) The restaurant, Olivias" is lovely, very accomadating, my Daughter has Celiac disease and they went out of their way to provide her with tasty Gluten free meals. All the staff were friendly and helpful, as you can tell its one of my favorite places.

Superb Resort!! Definitely will revisit Old Key West Resort!!

by TripAdvisor Member steph1298

This was definitely a home away from home vacation!! My husband and I went in November with our 3 small children and my mother and inlaws. We stayed in a two bedroom that was on the main level with a balcony that overlooked the lake. What can I say other than pure paradise. Last time we stayed at the Tree House Villas - from here on out it's Old Key West or nothing:)!!!

5 STARS!!!

Disney's Old Key West is the best

by TripAdvisor Member schong

The resort is so beautiful. Stayed in building 24 on the upper level. Just a short walk to the main building, bus stop, pool, recreation and fitness center. It is so quiet at the Old Key West. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff are helpful and polite. Check-in is a little slow because the front desk give you a lot of information about your stay. The bell service is so good. They help you with the lugages as soon as you step out of your taxi, store your lugages for you, take you to the check-in area and then drive you to your room as soon as you get your key. When we check-out, they came right on our requested time, took our lugages to storage and we went on to the Parks. When the taxi came to take us to the airport, they put our lugages in the taxi and we just hop in. Housekeeping is great. The general store brought our grocery to the room before we check-in. Everything were in the refrigarator with a note. There is even a quiet boat ride to Downtown Disney. The bus come every fifteen minutes to all the parks. The balcony looked out to the golf course. At night, you can see the Epcot fireworks. Staying at the Old Key West makes Disney even more fun.

old reliable

got down there right after the hurricane .. they did everything they could to make things right .. we had a slight problem with our room and they took care of it immediately ...olivias is a good local spot to eat and is rarely a wait .. we have always stayed at Old Key West and have never been disappointed .. We have found OKW to be a nice quiet spot after the craziness of the parks ... they should think about putting a water slide in at the main pool for the kids .... Wecome home !!!

Absolute Paradise!

My husband and I stayed at Old Key West in March of 2003 and enjoyed every minute of it!From the moment you hit check in and they say "Welcome home we've been expecting you!" in a genuine way you truly feel like you are home.We had a one bdrm villa and it felt just like our own little apartment,it was great to come back here after a long day at the parks! The lush tropical vegetation and secludedness makes you feel like you are miles away from any theme park yet still has a bit of that Disney magic they are famous for.We found transportation to and from the parks to be very efficient and fast with a beautiful boat ride to Downtown Disney and bus service to all other areas. I just can't say enough about this wonderful resort,we are going back again this year!

A true oasis for Disney vacationers

A REAL OASIS FOR DISNEY VACATIONERS!!My husband and I have been to Disney 4 times in the last 7 years; this time, we came with six people, including two children and wanted the convenience of more room, and a washer and dryer, kitchen, etc. We stayed at a two bedroom at old key west. I knew we were in for a beautiful stay right from the start, the check in area is large and beautiful, they were handing out colorful balloons to the kids at check in, and the kids also had small child-sized wicker chairs to sit in and watch disney cartoons in another area of the lobby. The lobby had a large library with comfortable chairs and sofas to sit on and relax, and they even stored our groceries for us while we waited to check in..(we were 1 1/2 hours early) but we didn't mind the wait, the lobby/library was relaxing, and we also checked out the pool and jacuzzi, and the stores, etc. Quite a lot to see and do! The room itself when we checked in, WOW! We were so impressed--I could not believe the size of this place, like a house! Our friend and her two kids had their own bedroom, with a door that closed and gave them privacy, and their own bathroom, plus plenty of drawers and closets..we also was thrilled with the washer and dryer closet, and our king sized bed was MASSIVE! The jacuzzi tub in our room was a great relaxer after the days in the parks, and the glass walk in shower in the next room by the jacuzzi was awesome. We fed ducks and bunnies from our back porch every day. The Front room had a really comfy couch that my mom slept on, with her own tv to watch. The kitchen appliances (even a spaghetti strainer!) were plentiful and not cheap items..great to have a full kitchen for breakfast and snacks, and we had lots of drinks and food in there. Wonderful!!!!

Favorite but not perfect

by TripAdvisor Member Rono

I wanted to respond to a couple of the reviews I read. I've also been a DVC member since 1993 with Old Key West being our home resort. I also seem to need to "play the game" at check in. My advice is hold your ground and the squeaky wheel will get greased. Do you think they hold certain rooms to impress new guests or offer them to non-members to justify the high daily charge? I book eleven months in advance usually and never get the building I want. A couple of years ago I started telling them I would accept a nearby building and move when the other became available, and the next day it usually did. Now they've started to charge me extra something like $80 to do this. In response to the pool slide I believe I just read that they are building one at the main pool. There is a play ground by building 55 which is at the end of a street with no traffic. I'm surprised (but not doubting) to hear about the cleanliness issues as I've never experienced that, but agree housekeeping, when asked a question, look bewildered and you know they have no idea what you're talking about. The lack of elevators have always been a complaint and I believe they installed them in the newer buildings. However all in all OKW is my favorite. I like its location, I like the layout, and I like to walk. I like the quietness. It has been our home for many wonderful vacations and memories with our kids.

OKW is OK!

by TripAdvisor Member jeannana

Stayed at OKW in a 2-bedroom Feb. 8, 2004 for 5 nights. I have also stayed at the Boardwalk and Wilderness Lodge DVC properties; so I can't help but compare.
Highlights: beautiful resort with a definite Florida feel. not like the "themed" resorts that make you feel you're not in Florida.
the unit was very spacious and had every amenity needed to feel like a home away from home
friendly staff, laid back atmosphere
Lowlights: the property is huge; unless you're lucky enough to get a room near the main bldg. plan on driving around the resort to get anywhere. No elevators- we had a 3rd floor unit
Overall, enjoyed our stay.

Certainly room for improvement

I find the reviews of others interesting and feel compelled to relate many of my unpleasant experiances. We have been DVC member since 1992 and have stayed at OKW two times a year most years since becoming members. Therfore we have many opportunties for bad experainces. Here are just a few.
- The room is never ready when we arrive. We always here the same story "it was full house last night" This is now an inside family joke. When the check in person tells us this we just laugh and laugh. We go in October and I can you the resort is half empty. There few cars in the parking lot which makes me belive they close a certain percentage of the rooms during this "off" season. I guess they rather keep me and my crying children waiting all day than opening up a room. I am not feeling the magic. I hope I can return the favor one day.
- Related to above, about a year ago they kept putting my familiy into smelly handicap rooms. This happened twice in the same day. We were driving many hours on the road to get there, my kids were crying and hungry and at 6:00pm we still could not get a room. Forutunately a bell person "Enricai" (sp?) saw my kids crying in the parking lot and since we could not get help from the hotel manager Enricai helped us out by calling the manger himself. Only then did we get a normal room. THANK YOU Enricai!!! The only cast member on that trip that made us feel the magic.
- The rooms are often not cleaned well. On one memorable visit we found broken glass on the kitchen floor, someones greasey baseball cap behind the couch and prozac pill fell out of the in-room crib. I gathered all this up and waited 20 minutes at the front desk to personally show the manager what I found.
- One season they tried to put us in a building that was having the exterior painted and the parking lot in front of the building was full of scafolds, contractor trucks and painters hoot'en and yelling. No way was I going to accept that so I had to wait many hours for another room to open up. I am not feeling the majic.
- The staff is getting less friendly and many speak very poor English (front desk and pool side). During one visit I could not even order lunch at the pool side concession becasue the OKW women behind the counter could not understand English well enough. Sorry, but I am not going to learn a foreign language to stay at OKW.
- Check in is almost always painfully slow.
- The housekeeping knock on the door at 9:00am or earlier on the day of check out indeed most anoying. I have complained on a few occasions about that.

In my opinion OKW may have staffing problems especailly in housekeeping. This is not getting better it is getting worse. They refuse to rectify the problem, thus we all have to wait until 4:00pm or longer to get into our rooms which are marginally clean. I am really not felling the magic! I have spent a small fortune at DW over the past 15 years and deserve to be treated better than that. Some simple courtesy, compassion, and speed at check in would be nice. Is that too much to ask for. I can tell you that what OKW is doing to their guests would not be acceptable at other hotels.

Comments