4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Costs 113% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Disney's Polynesian Resort

Walt Disney World ---Dining card

by Fergie01

If you go to Walt Disney World, you have to eat, right! so consider getting a Disney Dining Plan. It saves the hassle of carrying around money, everytime you want something. All you need in your Key to the Kingdom Card, to scan for meals.

It all depends on how many days and people to add up the meals you will have to use up. We had 3 of us, so we had 18 meals, broken into quick service, table service, and snacks.

It is a great way to see some of the attractions: We used our dining to do Character dinners, we used 2 table service for the Polynesian Resort Aloha Dinner Show, which would have cost use $125.00US, but with the dining card, it was all included...excellent food, and service. We also used it for Winnie -the -Pooh Dinner, Prince Charming at the Grand Floridian. It certainly abled us to do more character dinners and breakfasts this way, than seeing the money come and go out of our wallets!

When I visit Minneapolis/St....

by Travelover

When I visit Minneapolis/St. Paul I always stay at the Airport Hilton Hotel.
When I visit Las Vegas, I've stayed in different hotels such as Luxor, Crown Plaza, MGM and Bellagio.
Luxor in Las Vegas could have double occupancy room starting at $90. per night
Bellagio, double occupancy $125.00 starting
MGM $95.-$100. per night
Airport Hilton in Minneapolis/St. Paul starts at $95.00 per night. I found all this prices in high season.
At Disney Resort you find hotels starting at $90.00 per night.
All these hotels are five stars and have everything you need for an unforgettable vacations All the hotels in Las Vegas are very affortables in prices and almost everyone are five stars hotels. They bring all the facilities you need, just name it.
In Minneapolis, as well.
In Orlando the best hotels for me is those located in the Resort of Disney World. All of them are great.But prices depends on season.

Disney Worlds Best Resorts

by kimmie.casey about Animal Kingdom Lodge

I always stay in one of Disney's resorts when I visit and the Animal Kingdom Lodge was one of my favorites. This is an expensive place to stay but I just love the convience of the transportation to and from all the parks when I stay in the resorts. It is worth it. Our room was very nice and had a balcony that overlooked all kinds of wildlife. No kidding I had giraffes eating off the trees right outside my room and no barrier between us. They also have great activities for the kids. Every time a child completes an activity they get a bead to add to a necklace they get to create during their stay. Its so much fun and we really loved the storytime by the campfire.

Little bit of Hawaii

We stayed at the Polynesian resort July 12-16 2003. The rooms were larger that expected, but our room at the Rapa Nui house was quite a long walk to the main lobby and pool area. The view was not very great either-We could not see anything over the trees that were in front of our balcany. Overall, the staff were great, always helpful and greeting us with an aloha. Weather was not great-rain most afternoons. Monorail service was great. My son got to ride in the front car with a driver named Steve who showed him everything about how the monorail ran. He was a great addition to our vacation. This made my son's night!! I would stay here again, just get a little closer to the ceremonial house and a better veiw from our room.

TIki man a real plus

First of all, Bravo to the Polynesian resort. THe service was great and our room was excellent! (Even Granny could sleep there and she sleeps on a rock hard bed at home) Sure the rooms were a little musty smelling, but the pool was great and the staff was nice. The management seemed to have no problem with the number of people in our room (in fact they didn't ask) and we had 12! Needless to say the rooms were big. Then there was the Luua. This was a BLAST! THe food was great, expensive though (we had coupons that we picked up from Walmart, but here's where they got marked down from a five to a four, they only took 3 of the coupons and we had only around 10) The staff was very nice about it and let the kids dance on stage. They only complained once!
After that we all sat down and watch a very obese man wearing a tiki mask, hula. His skirt fell off in the middle of the dance and he didn't seem even affected by it and danced bare butt for us. It was a blast!!!
I think everyone and their uncle should stay here!!!

If you want first class, Do Not stay here

We just returned from a 6 day stay at the Polynesian during the July 4th holiday. I chose the Polynesian over the Grand Floridian because of the reviews I read on this board and I must say, I was utterly disappointed. I agree with everything Matt wrote in his previous review, i.e. outdated everything! Maybe this was deluxe the first few years it was opened, but not anymore. The rooms were nothing great, completely outdated decorations, and the beds were the most uncomfortable I have ever slept in. I felt like I was in a Motel 6 with a Disney theme. The volcano pool was OK, but extremely extremely dirty due to the overabundance of kids in it. The view from our room in Tavulu was fabulous, and the Neverland Club for kids was a hit, but that is it. I definately would NOT consider this a deluxe resort and the fact that Disney calls it deluxe bothers me. We strolled over the the Grand Floridian and I was very disappointed that we chose to stay in the Poly as opposed to the Grand Floridian. The GF is absolutely fabulous, very clean, has 2 large pools that were not as crowded as the Poly volcano pool, actually has a very nice restaurant on the lagoon (the Poly did not have any nice restaurants, they were all geared towards kids), and everything was just done top notch. I can only imagine how nice the rooms were. If you want a first class stay at Disney, DO NOT STAY AT THE POLYNESIAN. Get more bang for your buck, and everything you would expect from a deluxe resort at the Grand Floridian.

Not Recommended

by TripAdvisor Member UT0357

DO NOT STAY HERE! We stayed at the Poly in May. Even though the rooms were so-called refurbished, it looks as if they only changed the carpet in the hallways. Ashes on floor in a non-smoking room. The beds were so old that they were bowed and very uncomfortable. The grounds are ok but my suggestion is DO NOT STAY HERE!

brilliant

This hotel is brilliant, can i just say that alot of people on this site are fussy and just rude. I dont know how anyone can say 'do not stay here' because i say STAY HERE!!

the rooms are really lush and the beach, pools and hotel itself are lovely. really great place for families to stay and very near to everything.

it may not 5* but then its not a 5* hotel is it? its 4*

stay here!

Why go to the parks?

We loved the beautiful gardens and thoughtful theming of this resort - so peaceful and exotic! We felt almost guilty leaving the resort as it was such a wonderful escape from the real world.

Good food is available in every price range in the main building, from tasty hot dogs (with lots of chili) to an all you can eat dinner at Ohana. We loved it here and can't wait to go back!

DGL528's new Florida Page

by DGL528

I've visited Florida numerous times, which consists of about 6 family trips. Both sets of my grandparents have temporary homes here.

My mother's parents stay in a nice condo from February or March until April or May, in Cocoa Beach on the eastern coast. Cocoa is a nice city consisting of many elder citizens. It is also home to the "one of a kind" surf shop, Ron Jon, and also the Cocoa Beach Surf Company. We have visited here since my brother and I were babies.

My father's parents stay in a spruced up "trailer park" from December until April in Ellenton, Florida, on the west coast near St. Petersburg and Sarasota. It is not a very lively town, consisting basically ENTIRELY of elderly citizens, home to...a bowling alley and a bank.

However, my favorite parts of Florida have to be Orlando and Tampa. I have stayed in wonderful hotels including Disney's Polynesian, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings (now Port Orleans: Riverside), etc.; Universal's Hard Rock Hotel; and a very nice Wyndham Hotel just outside of Downtown Disney.

My first visit to Florida was before I was even a year old, and I went back when I was 5, 7, 11, 12, and 13, and maybe more. My dad says that we probably won't go back for a while, but you never know.

Aloha Breakfast  with Stitch - Polynesian ResortAloha Breakfast with Stitch - Polynesian Resort

View from the monorailView from the monorail

My sister and I in front of the Cinderella CastleMy sister and I in front of the Cinderella Castle

Luxury villa in Florida?

by Kaysta

I'm wanting to go to Florida for the first time next year!

Im wanting to go to Disney land and all the attractions, but also would like to visit Miami at some point. Where would be the best place to stay? Also, i was wondering if any of you would know of a luxury villa, good value for money?

Many thanks!

Kay

Re: Luxury villa in Florida?

by bunny3

Yes we own one. There are many villas out there that you can rent direct from the owner. take a look at our

Re: Luxury villa in Florida?

by USanFrancisco

Before I moved to Orlando, I prefered staying on International Drive or at a Disney Resort because everything is right there. A couple times we had a large family vacation and rented a villa. They both have their pros and cons. The main con with a villa is that they are usually located in Kissimmee, which is quite far from everything besides Disney. However, they also have their own kitchen, small pool etc basically a small Floridian style home.

Anyways, let me know how many will be traveling with you and your nightly budget and I'll try to give you a more specific answer.

Family holiday to Florida

by markbishop2008

We're going on a family holiday to Florida next Summer, but have no idea where to stay. We know some things we definitely want to do, which will be:
- Go to one of the big theme parks;
- Go to a big race track (i.e. Daytona);
- Go to Cape Canaveral;
- Other touristy stuff i.e. Baseball, American Football et

My big questons is does anyone have a suggestion of where to stay. I think we want to be on the coast as presumably we'll be travelling a fair bit so would want to relax in the days between.

Also, any other suggestions of cool stuff to do in Florida or any "must see's" would be most welcome.

Family is parents (mid 50's) and two boys (mid 20's) if that helps.

by domenicococozza

Assuming you will be renting a car, then I'd suggest staying in Orlando or Kissimmee in a rental home. From here, you will be 1.5 hours from Daytona and Cape Canaverale. Driving due west, you will be 1 hours drive from Tampa.
Tampa is home to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. You may also be able to watch The Orlando Rays playing baseball.
You could check out this link for accomodation close to Disney resort.
www.neartodisneyresort.com and for football www.buccneers.com/

by tracys2cents

www.driftwoodmotel.com

The Driftwood Resort at Daytonahotels.com

by SunTanBob

I would think if you hit up Orlando, Canaveral, Tampa & St. Pete, and made a run down to South Florida & the Keys you would have a pretty well-rounded Florida trip covering all the basic cool stuff. Good luck timing a shuttle launch though those things can be tricky.

Orlando would be a good home base to do your theme park and day trips to Canaveral, Daytona. Re: theme parks, Islands of Adventure may be the most bang for the buck, more rides etc. as opposed to children's stuff.

A couple days on St. Pete Beach (Tampa) would give you a good idea of what Tampa and the gulf coast beaches have to offer plus the already-mentioned Tampa sports scene.

I'd also consider a run to South Florida:

-Baseball = Marlins, no trouble getting seats for these games
-Football = Dolphins preseason
-snorkeling in the Fla. Keys (Pennekamp, 1 hr.+/- south of Miami)
-Key West (if you have the time, 3 hr. + south of Miami)
-South Beach (Miami), great place to relax, people watch (ie: boys may appreciate sitting at The Clevelander sipping a cold beverage and watching supermodels stroll by)
-Fort Lauderdale & Beach

day care in the international drive area

by fionajoel

HELLO,I WAS WANDERING IF ANYONE KNOWS ABOUT DAYCARE CENTERS IN THE INTERNATIONAL DRIVE AREA?
WE ARE ARRIVING IN FLORIDA 2/04 AND WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SOMEWHERE FOR THE BABY TO GO ON THE DAYS WHEN WE ARE SHOPPING(HE HATES IT)! WE WILL BE STAYING AT THE SHERATON WORLD RESORT,SO IF ANYONE KNOWS ANYWHERE GOOD,PLEASE LET ME KNOW,I ALSO HAVE 2 OTHER LITTLE BOYS WITH US,8AND 6,SO MAYBE THEY COULD ALL GO SOMETIME AND GIVE US A DAY OFF!!

by paulinuk2u

just go to google search engine enter day care in orlando comes up in o.1 of a second

by KeysCityNews

Sunshine Babysitting provides in-room childcare services. Call Cheryl at 888-609-8979. Rates can be found at the website: http://www.sunshinebabysitting.com

by FL_Sunshine

Hello, this is Cheryl, the owner of Sunshine Babysitting. I supply babysitters for the International Drive area as well as Disney Resorts for in-room, in-park care. We have the best rates! You can call me Toll Free 888-609-8979.

Re: Re: day care in the international drive area

by paulinuk2u

well blimey fancy that what a small world

Comments