1960 Broadway, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, Florida, 32830-1000, United States

Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
amextravel.com Expedia.com Hotels.com

Costs 135% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More Saratoga Springs-the VT Meet homebase

Thurs. Oct. 8 at 4 PM thru Sunday Oct. 11 the VT homebase will be open to all VT members attending the Orlando VT meet.

The room will be open daily so that email can be checked, events posted for all to see, local information and help rendered and a gathering place to socialize.

The meet will conclude after brunch on Sunday the 11th at the homebase. Details will follow once I return from Australia.

Unique Quality: I have stayed @ the Saratoga Springs several times, most recently, August 2009, and feel it will be a great place to call home away from home for the VT meet.

More of Saratoga Springs-the VT Meet homebase

I should have the room # assigned in the next 30 days....and hopefully it will be near the boat ramp or transportation center...

I've added some new photos today (Sunday August 30) because I just spent 3 nights there while attending my annual Just Us Girls scrapbooking convention.

Unique Quality: Very homey feel.

Directions: At the north end & across the lake from Downtown Disney.

Homebase for the VT Meet-Orlando2009

As of July 18, 2009, there is no room assigned but I have reserved a large villa that will serve as the homebase for all VT'ers to meet daily and the villa will be open 12 Noon to 12 Midnight daily.

Here's basic info:

More about Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort And Spa

Like Home at Saratoga Springs Resort

by TripAdvisor Member lvany

I traveled the Saratoga Springs in July of 2005. We were a party of 5 adults - my boyfriends parents, sister and ourselves. The accomodations were ideal for our situation, we booked a 2 bedroom suite. This came complete with 2 full bathrooms, one king bed and 2 double beds, a jacuzzi tub, full sized kitchen, living room and balcony. We had more than enough space and would have been very comfortable staying longer. Beds extremely comfortable, and cleaning staff was very detailed.
Pool area was crowded due to the fact that we went in the middle of July, but we always found chairs. I prefered a night time swim at the end of the day when the pool was quiet. We didn't use the quiet pools as the closet one was a distance from our room.
We only had breakfast in the food court, and it was fine. Can't start a day at disney without a Mickey Waffle.
My only complaint was that it seemed that it took a very long time for the buses to pick us up at the parks to bring us back to the resort. THe larger and more well known resorts had much more frequent bus service.
Do take advantage of the boat launch to downtown disney. Its a lovely way to get back and forth.
Overall, a great vacation and a perfect place for large families and adults.

Absolutely LOVED Saratoga Springs!

My husband, 5 yr old and 14 yr old daughters and me just returned from a week's stay at Saratoga Springs and LOVED it! We stayed in a one bedroom villa. It had a fully equipped kitchen, two TV's and washer/dryer so we returned with mostly clean clothes which was nice for ME! The Artist's Pallette had good breakfast choices for a reasonable price and my girls loved being able to draw and color at the artist's easels in the dining room. We will go back for sure!

Disney shines once again

To say that the Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort is an oasis of solitude and relaxation would be an understatement. This would seem contrary to what most people would expect in a Disney hotel, however it is perfection for a respite after a long day of touring the parks. The staff could not have been more accommmodating with all of our requests. Specifically, my daughter was sick during our visit and the front desk connected me directly to a 24 hour "house call" medical service in which the doctor was in our room in less than 2 hours after my initial call. The primary reason we chose this hotel was the close location to Downtown Disney as our kids are now 19 and 21. Besides the bus and the water taxi, there is a walkway to Downtown as well. This is a beautiful resort and, other than my daughter's raging ear infection, it made our vacation memorable. We couldn't have been more impressed.

Loved it!!

I have stayed at at least 6 Disney hotels and Saratoga Springs is my second favorite! It isn't right by any parks like my favorite (Bordwalk) is but it's not way out like (Old Key West). My friend and I enjoyed being able to walk over to the Marketplace and did so most days. Our room was near a pool (not the main one) which overlooked the water and the Marketplace. It was a bit of a walk from the main buildings but we enjoyed looking at the beautiful buildings so we often walked up there to get on the bus or would get off the bus there. I was a bit disapointed one morning when I couldn't get a mickey waffle (it was less than five min past the bell ringing). It surprised me that someone at Disney wouldn't say it's ok it has only a little past. But other than that it was wonderful and I have recomended it to friends and family.

A Wonderful Stay

by TripAdvisor Member star64Colorado

We stayed for six nights at Saratoga Springs in October. We had my husband and I, our two kids (9, 11) and my two parents aged 70 and 80. This was our first time at a DVC resort and we are so glad we purchased our membership.

The resort is beautiful, with lovely grounds, lakes, fountains and pools. Sitting on our balcony each morning admiring the view was a great way to start each day. The closeness to Downtown Disney is wonderful.

Bus service was great, we never waited more than 10 minutes for any bus. Another nice thing is the bus stop at Magic Kingdom is one of the closer ones, not all the way down at the end.

Staff was wonderful, they let us check in early and went over the location of what rooms they had available. They were all very helpful and nice.

We had a two bedroom and it was perfect for the six of us. Loved the large master bathroom and the jet tub. It was immaculate and having the washer and dryer was such a bonus! The furnishings were lovely. It was also extremely quiet, we never heard a soul. We also really enjoyed having a DVD player and the additional tv in the master bedroom.

We really enjoyed the quiet pool area and were thrilled it had a hot tub. We didn't swim in the main pool area once as we had a quiet pool literally outside our door with everything we needed.

The only down side was the lack of dining. Artist's Palette was very good but didn't have an extensive menu. We were told they will be adding a sit down restaurant in the future. Still, we ate in the parks mostly and had breakfast in our room each day so we were fine. Artist's Palette did have a kids menu my youngest enjoyed and lots of nice, fresh saldads and sandwiches. There was also a nice store with anything you would need for the most part.

Can't wait to go back in January!

Our first visit

by TripAdvisor Member jjingles

This was our first visit since buying the DVC membership. We stayed at Saratoga over Thanksgiving, which was a treat in itself. The only thing I would do different is request a room closer to the main building, only to access the restaurant and gift shop/store easier. We were by Congress Park and it was quite a walk to the main building especially if you wanted to bring back items from the store. (We had six bags). We did wait for Disney transportation longer than usual (this was our 8th visit to Disney resorts) and we have never waited longer than we did this past visit. I don't know if they took some bus service off after summer or it was that crowded over Thanksgiving. We waited at least 20-25 minutes each time for a bus and up to 40 minutes twice during the 6-day stay. This was frustrating, since you spend 1/3 of your vacation time waiting for the transporation. I don't know if renting a car would be easier or not.
All in all--this is a great resort, close to Downtown Disney, but pretty far from the parks so you had to account for traveling time when it came to making reservations and parade times. Even though it is our home base for the DVC, we want to stay at other resorts before we come back to Saratoga Springs. Maybe when we return, it will be completely done and have more restaurants and gift shops.

Would never stay there again!!

I have to say that I take my 5 year old daughter to Disney at least once a year. I have stayed at a few Disney resorts, and I have also stayed OUTSIDE of disney and I have NEVER in my LIFE experienced a stay like this!
Although the grounds and the rooms are beautiful, the ENTIRE staff are painfully slow beyond belief. I had a woman in front of me in line as I was checking out complaining that she had been standing in the lobby for TWO HOURS waiting to check in! This doesnt surprise me!
The staff are not very knowledgeable and make mistakes at YOUR EXPENSE. for example....we had just checked into our hotel. My daughter was still battling the flu and it was pouring rain. We all were tired and I had to wait AN HOUR to get transportation to my room. I get a phone call from the front desk stating that I had to come back there bc THEY forgot to check in my credit card! I explained that they had my card in their hand for about fifteen minutes and WHAT the heck did they do with it if they didnt check me in!
Then, when i walked back there, I asked for my five day park hopper passes and my passes to Mickey's Not So Scarey Halloween party that they were SUPPOSEDLY holding behind the desk for my arrival, they said they knew nothing about it. They said they had no record of me even PAYING for the passes! They straightened everything out eventually, but it was a headache that no traveler needs on their first day!
I spent 438.00 a night for a one bedroom villa and was EXTREMELY disappointed! I would have gotten better service from one of the "All-Star" resorts, which I normally stay and have never had a problem. They had no room service and the food was HORRIBLE! if you want a piece of pizza, you wont get it there! a hamburger....forget it! Their menu was VERY limited!!!!
I shouldnt complain that I was FORCED to eat healthy, mind you, but for a little child.......salads for breakfast, lunch, and dinner was NOT what she wanted!
All in all, I would Never stay at this resort again! It was slow slow slow!
The service was terrible!
The pool was nice for the kids and the overall look of the place was nice, but other than that it was DEFINATELY not worth 438 dollars a night!
I have already called and complained to the Disney Company. At this rate, that resort will be out of business! I cant imagine ANYONE paying what I did for what I got wanting to go back again! Everyone I spoke with at the resort said the same exact thing! save the money and go to one of disney's econo hotels! it would make your time more enjoyable, I think.
I have plans to stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge in December....lets see.

healing places to visit on the east coast of united states

by iam1wthee

Are there any good hot springs, mineral baths, healing mines etc in the US particularly the east coast?

by travelmad478

Warm Springs, VA and Saratoga Springs, NY are two that spring to mind (ha ha, sorry, that was a terrible pun).

by jeanfinney

Arkansas has famous hot springs too, there is even a town named....Hot Springs!

by dustmon

There is also Warm Springs, Georgia, where President Roosevelt came for treatment....and has "The Little White House", the house he lived in while here for the waters. Tours are available, and the town of Warm Springs has lots of antique stores and such as well.
One hour's drive south of Atlanta.
www.warmspringsga.com