4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

901 West Timberline Drive, Magic Kingdom, Orlando, Florida, 32830, United States
Hotels.com Hotelsclick.com AMOMA.com

Costs 62% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Disney's Wilderness Lodge

Wilderness Lodge at Disneyworld

Stayed 1 week (Oct. 23-30) at Disneyworld. This was the first time for me and my daughter (age 21). We had such a great time! The Lodge is really spectacular looking, rooms where nice, beds comfortable. There are lots of kids (lots of activities for little ones) and the rooms aren't soundproof, but we were usually so exhausted from the parks, that we had no problems falling asleep. For 2 adults perhaps a different hotel might be better (Grand Floridian). But overall, I'd give it a 9 out of 10.

loved wilderness lodge

We have stayed here 2 different time, several years apart. We love the hotel, we love the convenience of not having to rent a car, but if you are allergic to Mountain Cedar--BEWARE!! My niece was severely affected by the trees, she had to seek medical help as soon as we returned to Texas. (something to think about...) But the hotel is great, Kids love it, adults love it. I really don't believe that the Suites are really worth the extra expence, but you live & learn. Be sure to inquire if the balcony construction is complete, otherwise, you may end up with a construction worker on your balcony @ 7:00 am, quite a suprise if you are a smoker, and going out onto the balcony in your pjs. Will definitely return

Disney World's best hotel

by johnfromoz about Wilderness Lodge

From the moment you arrive at the hotel you will be blown away, you are presented with a five storey log cabin, The lobby is amazing, pure fantasy & the perfect start to your magical Disney adventure. Everyone is so helpful & friendly, the rooms were spacious & clean. I couldn't recommend more highly that if you are considering going to Disney World that you should choose to stay in this hotel. Visually spectacular, great setting, wonderful pool area

Go for the Concierge level

We just got back from 7 nights at the Wilderness Lodge. Seeing we got such a great deal with the FairyTale package (we paid for 4 nights but got 7) - we upgraded to the concierge level. It cost a little extra - but it was so worth it. The floor we were on was very quiet. The service the concierge staff offered was. We had a refridgerator in the room (it would have cost $10 per night if we were in a std room). They offered continental breakfast each morning, snacks and drinks all day, a hot dish, soup and wine in the evening, followed by dessert and cordials. Eating at Disney can be very expensive - we were able to keep those costs down due to all the concierge level offered. One evening we ate at Artist Point - it was absolutely delicious and the service was wonderful. The only thing we didnt like was that they did not enforce a dress code and some people felt it was ok to go to an upscale restaurant in jean shorts and a tank top. I would stay at Wilderness Lodge again in a heartbeat!

Wonderful Hotel

My family vacationed at the Wilderness Lodge from September 9th-16th.
We loved everything about the hotel. It was very convenient to obtain transportation to the four parks and the atmosphere of the hotel was very relaxing. The hotel is not spread out in size, therefore it is very easy to walk to the pool, restaurants, gift shop, and either the buses or boats for transportation. The rooms are large in size and very comfortable. After staying eight days with my Mom and Dad and my two-year old son, the room never seemed to be crowded. We would definitely stay at this resort again, we had a wonderful experience.

No better or worse considering its a Disney Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member KMR042

We just returned from a 5 day trip to WDW and selected the Wilderness Lodge based on recommendations from friends. Overall it was an adequate but not special experience. First off I had reserved (or so I thought) connecting rooms only to find out at midnight when we arrived that none were available. After much pressure, they were able to fix the situation the next day. My advice: get there earlier in the day so this does not happen to you !! Needless to say I got tired of them stating that I needed to "read my contract" because they only recognized my request for connecting rooms,but were under no obligation to supply them !!Other than that debacle the actual rooms are somewhat small but no better or worse than at the other deluxe resorts at WDW. The bus and boat transportation seemed to always take much longer than I expected.
I normally prefer to stay on a monorail hotel while in the park as I have 4 small children and this is the easiest way to get to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot. One interesting thing I found was that it was cheaper to eat at the full service restaurant, Whispering Canyon, than to get breakfast at the snack bar, Roaring Forks !! I could not believe that. I find that Disney has done a very intrusive job of pushing their vacation club properties on the resort guests. At the Wilderness Lodge, they also have a vacation club and quite honestly, this drives down the exclusivity of the property as a resort hotel. In fact, I have noticed a general commoditization of all of these resorts over the past 4 or 5 stays that definitely has made each stay less and less special. About the only benefit outside the ambience (to which no one is their equal) I can see is the extra 1 hour in the park in the morning. So if you have to stay in the park, the Wilderness Lodge is as good as any, but don't expect a top of the line resort by any means.

Not just a place to stay, It's an "experience"

My family and I have stayed at the WL 3 times and can't wait to return in November for a 4th time. This resort is so enchanting your jaw will drop to the floor when you enter the lobby for the first time. If you love a quiet, relaxed Pacific Northwest atmosphere, you will get hooked on the WL. We've always had pleasant stays there and want to try other Disney resorts but can never seem to tear ourselves away from our favorite. The big cost advantage is that it is cheaper than the other Magic Kingdom Deluxe resorts but still very close to the Magic Kingdom.
It offers a full range of boats and recreational activities with boats to the Magic Kingdom and easy access to the monorails. I know this theme is not for everyone, but if you want to get that "woodsy" feeling don't miss this resort. DO book early. It's very popular. You can rest assured you will have a "magical" experience at the Wilderness Lodge.

Dolphin and Swan Resorts in...

by Cowgurl_Hugz

Dolphin and Swan Resorts in Disneyworld
It is really expensive, over 150 a night, great if you are on buisness and you have a conference there. It has a huge pool! Actually there is several, a lap pool, a grove pool and a smaller kiddie pool. There is a place to rent towels, boats, toys etc. also a basketball hoop. It has an arcade, disney themed mini golf and several good resturants within the hotel. There is also busing to all of the Disney Parks and Downtown Disney.

Ramada Plaza Resort

by Muya

This hotel is by far the nicest we had on the trip. Huge building and surroundings ! We even got lost in the numerous corridors !!
Very nice pool too and many seats set all around. Perfect to relax from an exhausting day at Disney World or Universal :-)
And very spacious room

Kissimee hotel

by Moni87dk about Quality Inn

An okay room. Good tv, had all the channels you need + you can see all they latest movies for less money. A nice pool. The city Kissimee is right next to Orlando, so if you want to go to Universal, Sea World or Disney its the ideal place to live.

Lobby of Wilderness lodge at christmasLobby of Wilderness lodge at christmas

lobby of Wilderness lodge at Christmaslobby of Wilderness lodge at Christmas

DisneyDisney

DOWNTOWN DISNEY MARKETPLACEDOWNTOWN DISNEY MARKETPLACE

Disney Tickets

by michelletrex

Has anyone heard of this place:
THE OFFICIAL TICKET CENTER
3148 Vineland Rd.
Kissimmee, FL 34746
We are thinking of buying our Disney tickets on line from them. Any thoughts??

by YVRDave

www.disney.com
If there is a Disney store in Melbourne you can buy there too.

by Imjustagirl

Go to www.mousesavers.com and they'll have legit deals listed.

Re: Re: Disney Tickets

by michelletrex

No they have closed the Disney Stores. I did go to mousesavers.com and that lead me to tourguidemike.com as well. thanks for the great suggestions. Onwe thing I found out from a travel agent is that no one sells tickets in Australia. Does anyone know why? I'd like the rights! Thanks again

by dila

when we where in orlando we get a warning about buying tickets like disney. we could buy cheap tickets but than we had to waste a morning at a time sharing. ( selling houses)
we booked our 5 day pass at the agency where we booked our vacation and other i think you can buy it at the park or at the disney site.
have a great time
diana

Re: Re: Disney Tickets

by Imjustagirl

I personally wouldn't do the time share thing or buy tickets from one of the 'side of the road' dealers. There are plenty of other ways to get tickets though that would be better than paying at the park. Have you tried joining one of the online WDW deal groups? They're constantly discussing different deals they have used, companies they recommend, and the differenty features that each pass (or dealer) offers. The group I use is www.WDWinfo.com, but there are others as well. There is a budget board at wdwinfo, as well as other boards that may be helpful to you.

Disney Calender

by mickey.p

Hi - Probably a really strange question but I need help!

I normally go to Florida before Christmas but this time it's after!

Every year we buy our calender from Disney - the one's that show the parks and rides - but I'll be damned if I can find one in the UK - it's driving me insane!!!

Does anyone know of a US website that I could purchase from?

by lostsooner55

You can look at the following link: http://www.laughingplacestore.com. An associated link for Disney fans is: http://www.laughinplace.com. Gary

by lostsooner55

laughing, not laughin. Gary

by Camping_Girl

Did you check out the Disney shopping website? I have the website address posted as a shopping tip on my Anaheim, CA page.

Disney Calender

by mickey.p

Thabk you for all the responses - much appreciated!

Disney tickets

by harps24

should i buy theme park tickets for Family of 4 from UK? or wait and get them from the theme parks?
Which is the cheapest option? My family of four will be in the kissimmee area for 7 days only.
My two kids are aged 12 and 6 and this will be our first visit to Florida.

Comments