Disneys Yacht Club Resort

Orbitz.com amextravel.com Tingo.com

Costs 32% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Disneys Yacht Club Resort

Disney's Yacht Club was spectacular

I stayed at the Yacht Club last year and the service was wonderful. The place was beautiful and bright and airy and the hotel room was very well decorated. The location was key though and that is what made it stand out over most of the other Disney hotels. The pools were georgeous and being right on the Boardwalk is really fun and there is never a dull moment at Disney! Enjoy!

Too Pricey for Value

We picked the Yatch Club over the Animal Kingdom because of the location. The location is great! However if you plan to go to fantasmic as we did twice be prepared to run to the ferry. It stops running a half an hour after the show and with 4 hotels and many timeshares to get people back to, you may be forced to take an elaborate bus route back to your hotel! I did love the lobby and the all you can eat breakfast! The room service menu is wonderful! Service is embicable. We had a beautiful view of the fireworks at epcot! You will want to get an unofficial disney guide to see which rooms are best! It seemed overpriced eventhough it was very nice. The room was smaller than I had hoped. I missed the disney fun /family atmosphere that I hear so much about at other hotels. This hotel is prefect for older couples with out kids. If you are traveling with kids pick a hotel with more kid friendly decor!

Expensive but nice

by TripAdvisor Member KennyfanFairfaxVA

I recently stayed at the Yacht Club while attending a conference there.
The setting is beautiful and the room was clean and spacious. It seems to be pretty convenient to theme parks and there is a water launch to the boardwalk. On the other hand, the price my employer paid for me to stay at this hotel was way too much for the room I got -- Disney is expensive and not a good value for what you get. I wouldn't pick this if I had to pay for it. Plus the front desk service was not as good as you would expect from a hotel that which you are paying this much for.
They were quite unhelpful with helping me arrange airport transportation, which is not the norm at all at nice, expensive hotels.
But overall, I'd give the hotel a positive review if your employer is paying.

Not What It Used To Be

This was our 8th trip to Disney World, 3rd stay at the Yacht and Beach Club and you can certainlay tell things are going downhill. They put us in the wrong room initially and we had to move after 1 night. The TV remote didn't work, I had to call to get a mini-bar key, there were burnt out light bulbs, it took over 35 minutes for the bellhop to get our luggage when we had to switch rooms, and one of the clerks in the store was extremely rude. It's just not the same. Maybe all the rhetoric about Eisner cutting back on the theme parks is true.

No to Yacht Club!

Family of 5 (2 adults, 3 kids:16,13,10), first visit to Yacht Club, Spring Break, 4/1-8/04.
I researched a long time before choosing this resort for our third family visit to Disney World. We stayed on the fifth floor, room 5232. Although the concierge helped set up some meals which saved lots of phone time and the lounge area was great for a quick breakfast before heading out for the day, we will not be back nor would I recommend this resort. We chose it because we knew our teens could use the 5th floor lounge to calm their constant hunger, and the close proximity to Epcot and I thought our teens would like the pool, that was supposed to be so great. Wrong. The pool is not conducive for adult swimming and had way too many little kids for our teens to enjoy it. The deep section isn’t well marked and is hard to find, the pool is so big is comes across as unorganized. Too difficult to obtain lounge chairs, expect long lines at Beaches and Cream, which is too small to handle the large number of guests from these two huge resorts. Our room view was of the roofs, parking lots, and the giant air conditioners, complete with their noise. We asked to be moved after the first night but the resort was booked up and they were unable to accommodate us. Upon returning to our cleaned room our second day, I grabbed one of the turn-over glasses (signaling a clean glass) near the sink, and discovered a extremely dirty, finger printed glass. I took it to one of the concierge the next morning, and although she was very apologetic, I never felt comfortable about the cleanliness the rest of our stay. Don’t get me wrong, the cleaning staff are unsung heroes. I found the resort atmosphere and staff cold and missing that Disney Magic feeling. We might as well have been at a Sheraton. Transportation can be dicey. We walked to Epcot rather than taking the boat to save time. Busing to and from the Magic Kingdom is time consuming. The Yacht Club doesn’t have its own buses; there are always stops at the Beach Club, the Swan and Dolphin, the Boardwalk. The boat to MGM makes stops, too. We were paying top dollar and could have stayed at a cheaper Disney resort to deal with this type of shared transportation. Next time, we’ll go back to a monorail resort.
Sincerely, Terri

Yacht Club...the BEST for Kids & Adults!

I can't say enough about this wonderful deluxe resort...The Yacht Club! The rooms were spacious, and the view was spectacular! We watched the Epcot fireworks from our balcony! The pool area was breath-taking! Pools, waterslide, hot-tubs, lazy river. and to top it all off a sand-bottomed pool with a large mound of sand for the kids to pay in! The Ice cream Parlor "Peaches & Cream", was wonderful for that late night snack. We will be back!! :)

Incredible - Thanks to Pamela

This is long over due, but never too late to acknowledge one of your employees. Our family wanted to send this off quite some time ago, but we had some personal family crisis when we got home from our trip in January.Pamela Carter was a complete asset to our incredible trip we experienced at the Yacht and Beach Club. We have a family tradition we started when the children were young to come every 5 years on the Platinum plan and stay at the Yacht and Beach Club. This will be on going for years to come carrying down the tradition as the family expands.We have enjoyed the past trips, but this by far was the most incredible experience we have enjoyed through Disney. Pamela went far above and beyond anyone’s expectations. She followed up on every phone call, made every meal reservation and all the activities we could ever imagine, made changes as the family requested, and had the most upbeat and fun personality in addition to be so professional. We were all just as anxious to meet Pamela as we were excited to be going on our trip!When we arrived, Pamela went out of her way to get over to our room and meet us. She greeted us with warm welcome. She was everything in person as she was on the phone – enthusiastic about our plans, confirming all went well for us and to make sure we called her at anytime with any issue, she was great!When our son ended up sick on our second day with high fever for 3 days, Pamela was at our room the first day with a special treat for our son. The hotel accommodated us with a wheel chair so we could take him out for a couple days. I have never experienced the level of care and service as the Yacht and Beach Club gave to our family.Our family all agreed that Pamela is a Five – Star Employee ***** and should be acknowledged for all she does. You can tell she loves her position and what she does and it really shows in her actions. She makes you want to come back. We hope she is there when we make our next trip out!My children are begging to come back sooner than 4 more years from now! My daughter graduates next year from High School and has asked to go back to Disney rather than Europe! You know you all have done a fantastic job when someone would choose to turn down an opportunity to go to Europe!Thank you to each of you, and we look forward to seeing everyone again and staying with you. It is our pleasure to come back!God Bless all of you and many blessings for a continued success,The Jones Family

by TripAdvisor Member moveingon

I am sad to say that last year in July me my husband and grandson stayed at this hotel. We were thinking lets stay some place nice this year, You see every year we would stay at the value ones on the property but this year we wanted the best. Did we get it? NO WAY. First we were put in the wrong room, after that was fix the next evening when we get back from the parks Thay cleaned only half the room. My bed mad and grandsons made husbands unmade, towles left in the trash can and sink in the bathroom and dishes left on the table from breakfast. So called lobby to fix it, they did. Guess what the next night only my husbands bed made ours unmade. called back they said they would come up to fix it again then gave us a turn down for the reast of the stay. Well now the next night comes along we get back and nothing don again. It went on like this the whole time we were their belive it or not six nights.Oh I must say out of all this thay did give us one free night. Oh and by the way rooms were no larger than the Bestwesterns rooms. Thay told me on reservering a room the rooms were 1,000 sq ft. NO way. Grandson would like to go back to Disney this year but I say noway, We could sleep at motel and get the same if not better treatment their and then go to Universal. It really is a shame

Next Time I will stay at Universal

Not only was our last day there a bust, but a package We had sent from the front desk on Saturday, has never been received and today is Thursday. It was sent 2nd day Federal Express. The swimming pool was closed, due to a malfunction, and the only thing that was offered to us for compensation was a pass for the beach theme park, which was already included in our trip. BIG DEAL, SO BASICALLY WE GOT NOTHING!!!!

Excellent resort!

We can't praise this resort enough! We just returned after staying May 31-June 8, 2004. For the past 3 years, we have been staying at either the Yacht Club or the connecting Beach Club. As much as we are curious about staying at the other Disney deluxe resorts, we just can't do it because this one is so wonderful. What do we like about it? It is absolutely beautiful, from the rooms to the lobby to the grounds. The rooms (lakeside or standard) are all very large and spacious. We travel with 6 of us in 2 connecting rooms. We always have a list of requests for the rooms, and they are met each time. The location to just next door to Epcot just can't be beat. It is so lovely at night to end up at Epcot, stroll through the countries, watch the fireworks, and then stroll back to your room while everyone else makes a mad dash for the mononrail. The pool, Stormalong Bay, is fantastic for all ages. Our 4 yr olds love the sandy bottom in the pool, and we adults loved the whole pool ourselves. We were there during the time when the pool filters broke. It was down our last 2 days of the stay. Unfortunate and disappointing, but what can you do? It was not Yacht Club's fault -- just bad luck. Other positives: one morning we walked down to the lobby and our 4 yr old daughter was crying. The Yacht Club's "Captain Bob" came over and started talking with her to cheer her up. He told her that Disney was the happiest place in the world, and she couldn't be sad. He said that he would arrange a special message from Mickey in our room for her and her twin brother. Sure enough, later that day the kids found slipped under our door 4 big envelopes addresses to my children from Mickey Mouse. Inside were huge greeting cards holding a photo of a character with a personal message written to each child (such as one picture was Cinderella and she wrote that she was so glad my daughter was her friend). The kids were enchanted, and we were very pleased at the nice gesture from the staff. The sevice in the breakfast restaurant was wonderful and personal. Our server was delightful and took care of us each time as if we were her own family. I highly recommend this resort!

World Showcase & Epcot world in the backgroundWorld Showcase & Epcot world in the background

Animal Kingdon Safari rideAnimal Kingdon Safari ride

After we were seated insideAfter we were seated inside

DIL and grandchild on monorailDIL and grandchild on monorail

Comments