Hilton in Walt Disney World Resort

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 30% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Hilton in Walt Disney World Resort

Coakroach motel

We booked a trip to the Hilton Walt Disney World Resort for 5 nights in January 2004. We had a late flight into Orlando so I ensured we had guaranteed reservation for Wed Jan 14. When we arrived, at 2:00 in the morning, towing along tired sleepy kids and luggage, the desk clerk informed us the hotel had given our room away, apparently due to an important convention! They sent us rudely away to a nearby hotel. The next morning I phoned the Hilton as I was asked to do and asked for a ride back to the Hilton. The girl said a driver would be over right away. We waited outside for this ride for 40 minutes. I then walked up to the front desk and asked for our room. The girl looked at me and said I don t think we have any rooms available, we are fully booked; I explained the situation to her and she replied, well I still don t think there are any rooms. At this point I demanded to see the General Manager but he was to busy with important guests, so a lackey came out. He was rude but did manage to finally get us a room.Unfortunately, the cockroaches weren t just at the front desk. We had many little visitors over the following 5 days. The rooms are noisy; we could hear the people upstairs making love, the couple beside us having showers, the baby across the hall crying and kids playing in the hall. In addition the pool was covered in white specs of Styrofoam. After the first day we couldn t let my daughter swim anymore. The whist Styrofoam was all through her long her and took for ever to get out. If you are looking for 1 star accommodations at 4 star prices this is the hotel for you.

Seems dated

We arrived very late one evening (1:15AM)in April of '04 to the Hilton @ Disney and were greeted by a friendly front desk staff member. However, we were not impressed with the accomodations for what we paid. Our room had a pungent aroma that almost made me want to go out and buy an air freshener. Light bulbs in the bathroom and over the vanity were burned out, walls were extremely thin and bed linens seemed as if they were not properly laundered our first night.
I assume this must be an older hotel as even the exterior of the building itself looked like it could use a facelift (coat of paint!).
Again, service was friendly, accomodations left something to be desired.

Very Enjoyable Stay

We stayed here last spring. Upon checkin- we were upgraded to a room that included complimentary breakfast. This really helped since we were able to eat a decent meal each morning before spending the day in Disney. For 1 week stay - this probably saved the three of us several hundred dollars. The Disney shuttle is very convenient - we cna even get into a selected park an hour before open each day - this is great since we can experience the best attractions before the crowds arrive.
The hotel is also just a 5 minute walk to downtown disney - the only thing you need to be careful is you are crossing a very busy street - almost like a highway to get there. Overall - we enjoyed our stay - keep in mind though that we were out every day from around 7AM to 8-9PM. We were only in the hotel to sleep and eat breakfast.

Not the best Hilton has to offer...

I guess we had much bigger expectation for staying in a Hilton that was located on Disney's property. Sure, you can't beat the location. The price should've tipped us off though. The decor is not very tasteful.
Noise is abundant...we could hear our neighbor's television each night and children running up and down the halls (granted, that is part of staying at Disney). Overall, we were disappointed with our stay and wouldn't stay there again. It isn't a bad hotel, but it isn't what I consider normal Hilton quality. It is no better than a Best Western or Holiday Inn in my opinion.

Home in America

I was at the Hilton February 22-25, 2004 attending a ISO 9000 Conference. I was one of seven sitting at my table during lunch. I was the only African-American. After eating lunch, desert was brought to the table. Although I was one of the first to complete the main course, next to the waiter, and made clear eye to eye contact with the waiter he would not serve me desert until he had served all of my white counterparts. This was demeaning, outrageous and shameful. This was not perception but fact and was perpetrated on me by someone who was probably a recent immigrant to this country.

Good rate - ok hotel

by TripAdvisor Member pjc115

Checked in Friday night asked for a King size bed and non -smoking room instead received two double beds and a musty smelling room. Asked for a room change and received a key for a room already occupied. Finally they got it together and received a standard room with two double beds.
No view which was alright since we were hardly in the room. The hotel is in need of a renovation and the restaurant wasn't anything great (breakfast) - terrible hash browns- actually overpriced. If it wasn't for the price I probably wouldn't stay here. (70.00 a night on the priceline)

WDW Hilton, a pleasant place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member MariaWeb

My husband and I spent a week at the WDW Hilton (Feb 22-28). As with most Orlando travellers we didn't spend much time in the room, but after a long day at the theme parks it was nice to go back to our room.
We didn't have problems checking-in early (around 8am) and when we were charged for an international call that was not answered we pointed out the mistake to the front desk lady and she quickly gave us a credit for it. True, it probably needs to be re-decorated but for us the hotel met the most important requirement: the room was very clean! I would stay there again, but at the same time I'd like to explore other options in the area.

Good Value, Not a Great 'Resort Hotel'

Stayed here w the wife & boys (9&12) The room was decent, clean and well kept. This is a convention hotel so you can get an empty pool with guys coming out every so often to call their offices on their cell phones. Not a lot of atmosphere. The pools are ok, a little dated, the hot tub was not hot and I had to clean the leaves and cigarette butts out one evening. The place could use some paint and an injection of energy into the staff. but if you are not going to be hanging at the pool and just sleeping and going to disney / Universal, not a bad place. P.S. If you have kids that like better rides go to Universal and stay there, you will get guaranteed fast passes to the park. Disney needs some new blood at the park to reinvigorate their parks.

ok hotel but wouldnt stay again

Well the hilton was a hotel that seemed to be a little pricey for me. The rooms were clean but we had a broken rail on one of the beds , but it was sleepable. We asked for a refrigerator And paid for it when we checked in and got asked why we would want one. After checking in we went to a park and then to a store for snacks thinking that when we returned we would have a frig. but no frig. I called the desk and was put on hold and no one came back to me. It was late at night and i went on to bed forgetting of our food. Well it ruined of course. I asked for a refund on the frig, the problem it seemed to cause. The lady got on the phone because she said it was delivered and was trying to find out what happened and acted like i lied and that it was in my room. After it was settled they did give us breakfast vouchers for that day for the loss of my food.
Pool was wonderful though and loved the2 hot tubs (but one was broken ).Traffic there was awful alot of the time. But not impassable.
Rates where 139 a night . For what we got that was too much. Also smoking rooms only on first 2 floors. The disney resort was more fun...

Friendly Staff in a Tired Looking Hotel

Friendly staff but the hotel is tired looking in certain areas. It seems to rest on the fact that it is close to Disney. Very convenient to all the sites and nice that you can walk to downtown Disney. The convenience factor could tempt me to stay there again if we don't need to stay at the hotel very much because of time spent at many of the local attractions.
The beds were very comfortable with a pillow top cover or something like this that made for very sound sleeping. Room was spacious and nicely deocrated. Yet the bathtub was older and needed some mold removed.
Overall not bad but would probably try another hotel next time. Could also depend on the pricing for my next visit or not.

Comments