3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa

Great Experience, Great for Families

by TripAdvisor Member smith6568

We just returned from our stay at the Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and Spa and had a very pleasant experience. We stayed from 1/26 - 1/31/07. We got to the resort at 3:20 pm and they let us check in early without any discussion. We were in a 7th floor, two bedroom/two bath suite in the second tower. The room was clean, new, and they provided toilet paper, 2 loads of dishwasher soap, paper towels, a few trash bags, and 8 sets of towels. The view of Disney from the second tower is now obstructed by the taller condo they are building across the street, but my kids enjoyed watching the bulldozers and they didn't start working before 7 am any day we were there. The walls are thin and we heard the next door and upstairs neighbors, but after walking at the parks all day it didn't really cause a problem. The Irish Pub type restaurant downstairs is not open just yet, but there are tons of chain restaurants on the same road as the hotel. Went to WalMart for snacks and laundry soap. Walmart is to the left as you leave the hotel property - all of the restaurants are to the right and some are beyond Highway 4. All of the staff were very pleasant. We put our trash outside the locked "Trash" door at the end of the hall and it was taken away each day. Overall a terrific place to stay and we will definitely stay here again.

very poor management, dirty room

by TripAdvisor Member jnoel1977

Had several problems with stay and its been 3 days sence we have been home and manager has not returned our call. We arrived with full trash bags in the hall (which I had to drag down to elevators because no one came to remove it), Our room had left over trash from previous guests which included soiled baby diapers(room smell was sickening), Tile floor in kitchen and bathroom were sticky and had hair on them (I had to clean them myself because housekeeping was not available), Ceiling fans covered in dust, Patio table covered in dried bird poop. Housekeeping manager basically said we were liers about the room being dirty, saying she inspected it the day we checked in. No one there could help us, not even supervisor. The Manager that could help us was out till that Mon., long after we would check out, and no one there had corporates number. I returned home and left the Manager two messages and no response. I've had better Customer service at fast food restaraunts.

Excellent Experience!!!

by TripAdvisor Member GatorInSC

We had 6 people stay here in a 2-bedroom suite from December 26 to December 30 and were very pleased with everything. The rooms were very clean and the staff was very friendly. The price was great too!

Great Place to Stay... Great Value!

by TripAdvisor Member mikeyp72

I must say, I was a little worried after reading the review posted by jnoel1977 on December 13, 2006, seven days before I was due to arrive at Lake Buena Vista, but I was pleased to find a new hotel, with spacious rooms, a decently equipped gym and very friendly staff. I did arrive to a bag of trash outside of the room, but i was informed that the room had just been cleaned, and the bags would be removed shortly .. and it was. We stayed in a two bedroom suite for two nights, and were very satisfied with the hotel facilities. Excellent Value!

Great Experience, great location, great price

by TripAdvisor Member Jaime-7

We stayed in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite for 6 nights. We loved the suite itself and had no problems with the staff or management, as we had seen in previous reviews. After reading reviews about garbage removal and buying your own cleaning supplies and such, we were pleased to find we had toilet paper, garbage bags, paper towels, klennex's etc...We only had to purchase dish soap, although they did provide soap for 2 dishwasher loads. Super Walmart is only blocks away and has everything you need to fill up the kitchen. We visited relatives in other hotels/condos and our's was BY FAR the best! My only complaint is that the beds were too hard for my liking, but my boyfriend loved them, saying they were great for his bad back. So really it was more of a personal preference. The location was also wonderful, just blocks from SR536, which takes you right to Disney. All in all we have no major complaints and really enjoyed the size and amenities at this condo/hotel. One word of warning, get directions from the staff before you go. It's such a new resort, that most people don't know where it is or they give you directions to a similar sounding resort. Don't use Mapquest etc.. because we found 5 different addresses for this place (from tourist books, websites) and we still don't know which one is correct! Enjoy!

Not what I expected!

by TripAdvisor Member Snuffieslady

When reserved a 3 bed/2 bath for 8 + 1 infant through the resort using our Orlando Magic Card. When we checked in Saturday night all went well...until we got to the room that we were given. While walking to the room, everything was new & clean. However, the room we were given, looked like someone else was still STAYING IN IT! Lage bag of garbage on the floor, beds were unmade, mints & papers left on the table. After sepnding all day @ Sea World with 4 kids & an infant this was the LAST thing we needed. Called the front desk & were given another room. During dinner, discovered no paper towels, or dish towels in the unit. At bed time discovered no sheets for the pull out bed, only twin sheets for the second bd rm. Called front desk & requested both sheets & dish towel & small dish detergent to wash up dishes from dinner. Front desk associate argued with me over if there were sheets in the closet or not. Then after 30 minutes, we had to GO GET THE SHEETS & the front desk acted like they didnt know anything! Next morning I went down to see if maybe front desk had dish soap, was told they dont give it with the units. (I have stayed in a lot of condos in Orlando, we have stayed in from $70 -$150 a night every one gives you @ least 1 roll of paper towels, 1 small dish soap & 1 small laundry soap). Had to buy a bottle! Also noticed that morning that infants pj's were dirty from crawling on the floor. While checking out, I brought all of this to the attention of the shift manager who seemed unconcerned. We live in FL, spend Thanskgiving in Orlando every year, go back mulitple times troughout the year, but will not go back here. Facilities were nice, but people DO MAKE THE DIFFERENCE! I do not reccommend. Spend a little more & stay @ Runaway Beach CLub. Much nicer, people & facility!
Shellie Smith
Lake City, Fl

by TripAdvisor Member qvccturf

My wife, myself and two young children stayed here while visiting Orlando. We decided on this place due to reader's reviews and more importantly the size and reasonably price for a 2 bed 2 bath unit. Having read all the reviews I was well aware that this was not exactly a hotel, which was apparent at check-in. We tried to check-in early, a request that was met with with little interest (come back at 4p.m). When we finally did get to the suite it was very big almost Vegas-like, which suited our needs and then some. The walls were quite thin which didn't really bother us but I'm sure any neighbors we had heard the sporadic crying of our youngest. Disney, shopping and every restaurant imaginable are very near by, but you need to drive to everything except the adjacent outlet mall. I would highly recommend staying here especially if you have children or are traveling with a group, it is as nice as anything you get in Disney for accomodations at a fraction of the price. You will definately need a car to get around though.

Fantastic stay

by TripAdvisor Member nubeing

Stayed there in a two bedroom sweet with my wife and kids and had a wonderful time. Rooms were clean and very nice. Enjoyed the whirlpool tub. TV's were modern and its in the same palza with factory outlets. 10 min away from disney. Can't go wrong if you can get it at a good price.

nubeing

Too many inconviences

by TripAdvisor Member cjsmich

This is not a hotel, please take note. Big screen T.V. was a bust.
If we shut it off we would have to call the desk to have it reset. By the end of our stay we learned how to reset it ourselves. phones did not work to call front desk. They were fixed after five days. Our biggest problem thou was the kitchen, it had absolutely no pans cooking utensils, dish soap, dish clothes, not even a oven mitt. Traveling from Michigan, we thought that a condo would be fully equiped for our convenience. The tub in the master bed room would turn back on 30 minutes after using it. The little convience store on the grounds is quite over priced.Trash will not be picked up, you have to take it to the end of the hall way to drop it in the trash chutes that are locked. Housekeeping is extra, expect absolutely nothing. We will not be staying here again. We do not reccomend this condo.

Livonia, Michigan

Great place. Home from Home!!

by TripAdvisor Member Geoffa

We stayed in a 2 room suite for 10 nights starting 15 February 2007. Couldn't fault the 'room' or the staff.

Room was very spacious and contained everything we needed for our stay. Kitchen was well stocked with crockery, glasses and pans etc. Every appliance you could need. Yes there wasn't a supply of dishwasher / washing soap but, with Wal-Mart just around the corner, this wasn't an inconvenience.

Hot tub was huge and worked fine. The reason it turned on again after 30 minutes (as mentioned in the review below) was that it was cleaning itself!! So no problem there.

Staff were very helpful and dealt with minor problems that we found on our arrival. These included the in-room safe being locked and a lamp not working. All were rectified when we returned home after our 1st day at Islands of Adventure.

Excellent location. Easy onto the I-4 and direct access to Disney. So give it try!!

Comments