Walt Disney World Dolphin

1500 Epcot Resort Boulevard, Lake Buena Vista, Orlando, Florida, 32830, United States
Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin
Sheraton.com HotelTravel.com Priceline.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 25% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

More about Walt Disney World Dolphin

Walt Disney World

by Alisha_Markle

About 4 years ago was my last time being at Walt Disney World. It mainly for children but also a lot of fun. They have an awesome water park and lots of different attractions. It was also my favorite place to go when I traveled to Florida!

You gotta go souvenir shopping...

by poshprincess

You gotta go souvenir shopping and take the time to hang around Walt Disney World (this place has a magic that grows stronger with age!) Eating breakfast in Animal Kingdom with all the Disney characters like Mickey Mouse, Goofy, etc.

Walt Disney World

by goingsolo

The Walt Disney World complex is the most popular destination for families and honeymooning couples. What began as one theme park during the 1970s has expanded to 4 major parks, a shopping and entertainment complex, several water parks, a sports complex and tons of hotels and restaurants. Despite the rampant commercialism, Walt Disney World is a magical place.

Growing up in South Florida, I've made more trips to this area than I can count. The Magic Kingdom, the oldest of the parks and a bit outdated, still makes me smile, I can hear the music playing along main street, smell the freshly popped popcorn and the sweet smell of baking chocolate and the explosion of bright colors that greet you as you enter this park. There's a reason why everyone loves the Magic Kingdom.

Walt Disney World is located in Orlando in the central part of the state. It is approximately 200 miles from Miami, about an hour from Tampa and about 3 hours from Jacksonville. You could spend a couple of weeks visiting this part of Florida and seeing all the attractions, but few people can allot that amount of time or money. Its worth a visit, even if its just for a day, to see at least one of these parks.

Dinner Shows

by Grettel

There are two wonderful dinner shows in Kissimmee. If you visit Walt Disney World don't miss the chance of attending Medieval Times and Arabian Nights. Both are beautiful, you are going to love the shows, the actors and the horses are really going to impress you. Besides, the food is really good, specially at Medieval Times. Don't miss it.

Heavenly after Crowded Day at Parks

by TripAdvisor Member TarheelTraveler

My husband and I stayed at the WDW Swan December 27-January 1 by securing the heavenly paradise package, which we obtained via the hotel's direct website, rather than the main westin/starwood site. In my opinion, it was a good bargain at $239 a night and the package included daily breakfast in bed (room service). Overall, we were very pleased with our stay. The location is fabulous plus you also receive complimentary disney transportation. I would stay at this hotel again, however, I have never stayed at a Deluxe Disney property so I cannot truly compare the resorts as other guests may can. I do think the heavenly bed will be hard to beat though because I like the triple sheeting, and comforters. They just seem cleaner. Even though there was a lot of hustle and bustle in WDW during the holidays (even at nearby Dolphin), the Swan has a peaceful atmosphere. The Westin heavenly bed was just fabulous after a crowded day at the parks. We were exhausted after fighting the crowds. The room size was fine, and rather large.
Our room also had a sofa sleeper. The decor was a little whimisical for my taste, (so I would not classify it as a beautiful hotel) but rather semi-upscale in a cutsey way. The lighting is poor in the rooms...very dim. The bathroom vanity is nice (there are two...one outside and inside the bathroom, however the lighting is very poor for the outside vanity so you cannot do make-up there). Since the hotel was built more than 15 years ago, the bathroom size is very small, but okay. We did encounter slight bathroom cleanliness problems upon arrival. Stray hairs were left behind in the bathroom. With that said, the cleanliness of our room and bathroom were fine during the rest of our stay. This hotel has undergone a renovation, but it still has a "dated" look...perhaps it's the seafoam and peach color scheme throughout.
Overall, I give this hotel three and half to four stars. Service was good. Overall, we were pleased with our experience.

great stay

we stayed from dec 21-26 our family of four...two children 11 and 4...stayed here and loved the hotel.....we had a suite and enjoyed the separate rooms, they were connecting, this was perfect for us! The rooms were very clean beautiful decor.This is the first time we ever been to Disney and this was just perfect.We were not in room much but we loved it when we were...great beds..very comfortable. We love the boat transprtation to some of the parks...and we also used the pool a day or two even though was cool out....there is a beach and a great slide the kids loved. We were their over christmas week and it was very nice!..Of course very crowded and parks but we expected it!! Staff very helpful and always courteous! Rooms were pricey but we changed our minds of where we were going to stay and so we were lucky to get a room here at the very last minute. We ate over at the dolphin hotel.....quick and easy on the go ......Tubbies was great for anything to eat! We will be coming again.....enjoyed the whole Disney experience!!!

Fantastic!

We loved The Swan so much we booked again before we left! We stayed on the 12th floor Royal Beach Club and had the best stay ever. The rooms were newly renovated and the Heavenly beds....WOW! Mama T and all the other staff in the breakfast room were fantastic, always ready with a smile. As a light sleeper I appreciated the silence of the 12th floor.
There is a great choice of restaurants on your doorstep. We can walk to our favourite restaurant 'Le Cellier' and enjoy a bottle of wine :o) Looking forward to going back in July and trying out Todd English's 'Blue Zoo' at The Dolphin. WDW here we come!

Very nice

by TripAdvisor Member mickey4me2

Stayed 7 nights at the Swan, December 27th 2003 through to Jan 3rd 2004. We got the Disney annual passholder rate for $139/night, not bad.
Well worth the money for a deluxe resort. Compared to the Boardwalk inn, there was no Mickey soap or Mickey wakeup calls, but the toiletries were of superior quality, the room clean, the view from the room of the Dolphin and the courtyard was ok. The heavenly beds were comfortable,no complaints.The room itself was a good size. The location and transport to and from the parks was great. The concierge staff were extremely helpful. The hotel itself was clean with a calm atmosphere after a full day at the park There were a few minor problems such as my hotel keys kept malfunctioning for the 1st 2 days, the housekeeper kept forgetting to restock the coffee (of which I was paying a $10+ daily resort fee to include this), we were beside the ice machine so when the closet door was open you could hear the hum, the lines at the registration counter were slow, and the walk to the main pool shared with the Dolphin was very long.Would stay there again at this rate.

Comfortable Stay

We stayed five nights at the Dolphin resort in Feb. 2004. I found the resort hallways and rooms in need of refurbishing as well.. but not in deplorable condition as I read in the reviews. The beds we had were wonderful... no lousy mattresses... our view was not what I expected, but we were not in the room gazing out the window too much. The maid service was exceptional... our room was always clean and restocked upon our return from the parks, with plenty of towels, tissue, glasses, coffee ect. ect. We really enjoyed the hot tubs later in the evening. I did not want any crowds then and we had none late at night.. that was a wonderful soak at 96 degrees in the tubs.. I thought the room service food was quite good as well... when we could finally reach them... one night we really wanted room service, the phone rang for 20 minutes and I gave up...the 24 hour cafeteria was not all that bad... good in the morning for a quick breakfast before hitting the sites... the Boardwalk just next to the resort was the best...pick up the boat and you are on your way..nice walking there in the evenings as well. Overall the resort is overpriced and I have stayed at better.. but you cannot beat the location of the Dolphin...

Walt Disney World, Florida

by Fergie01

"Walt Disney World"

Check out my Album, to see more pics of Florida and Disney.

"Walt and his friend, Mickey Mouse"

ONE MAN'S DREAM.

"TIGGER AT THE CHARACTER DINNER"

The Crystal Palace in the Magic Kingdom has a delightful character dinner with Winnie-the -Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and Piglet.

It was an amazing experience for the little ones to get an autograph and picture with there Disney Pals. It really puts a smile on your face when your little ones eyes light up.

Lots of food to choose from and its is done buffet style!! We did "Disney Dining Plan" so it was just one Table service per person taken off, it is so easy with the plan.

Walt Disney WorldWalt Disney World

Our children enjoying Walt Disney World (1994)Our children enjoying Walt Disney World (1994)

Prices

by Xeriss

How much would a ticket cost approximately to visit the Walt Disney World ?

Re: Prices

by efritch

A one day one park ticket is $58.31 for adults (includes tax) and $46.60 for children ages 3 to 9 (includes tax). Discounts on park tickets are almost impossible. Check allears.net for all your Disney questions!

Re: Prices

by efritch

Sorry it's allearsnet.com. My bad!

Re: Re: Prices

by Wendy67

I've seen them discounted $5, but that about all. If you buy them online at www.orlandoinfo.com, you get a small discount.

Re: Re: Prices

by Wendy67

Xeriss, I see you live in Malta - beautiful photos. I'd choose Malta over Disney any time ;)

Where to Travel?

by Laurie_78

Hi, my husband and I won a trip anywhere in North America (not including Hawaii) and we are planning to travel around the end of March for about 10 days. We have no idea where we want to go and are looking for ideas.

We may or may not take our daughter who will be just shy of 2 years old. So ideas for with and without a small child would be great.

We live in Newfoundland, CAN, so destinations where we won't be dealing with snow will be preferred.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

by yvr

With a two year old in toe, Walt Disney World would be a great choice. If not with your child then perhaps Phoenix or Las Vegas for warmth.

by zuriga

I'd definitely choose a place with warm weather at the end of March. Arizona (Tucson or Phoenix), Florida or California.. maybe Las Vegas? Ten days is a long while to stay in one location, but if you can travel around California a bit, that's a great time of year to be there.

by Jamesr3939

You didn't say if it included hotels. I would say without child the Palm Springs/Palm Desert area would be great for some R&R and warmth. However, room rates can be very high in that area until about May.

Las Vegas might be a little cheaper and fun for the adults, good food, good shows, do a little gambling and it's warm. You could day trip to Grand Canyon and Hoover Dam and or Death Valley.

If you take the child or not, San Diego is always a great spot. The zoo, wild animal park, bay cruise are all great. Not as warm as the desert, but better than Newfoundland.

Also Disneyland and Universial Studios is fun. With a two year old it might be more fun without the child. You won't be able to ride most of the good rides together.

Another spot that I just spent a few days and really don't know a lot about is San Antonio, TX. If you can get a place directly on the downtown Riverwalk it would be awsome. I was at the Hilton and loved it. Not sure how warm it gets in March.

Comments