Days Inn I-10 Lake City

3430 North US Highway 441, I-10 & US 441, Exit 303, Lake City, Florida, 32055, United States

Days Inn Lake City I-10
Expedia.com Priceline.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Poor

• Could be worse - we could've been stabbed ;)

Of all our accommodation during our 2-week roadtrip around Dixie, this was the most disappointing. The motel has a bleak location, nowhere near Lake City proper - fine if you are motoring through on the Interstate, but we approached it from Gainesville so it felt very remote by the time we got there.

Check-in was efficient and friendly.

Unique Quality: Someone overdid it with the air freshener in our room, it was oppresive at first. The bed was springy and saggy. The pillows were stuffed with cheap shredded foam. The decor was tired - not a consideration to our comfort, but it did nothing to alleviate the depressing surroundings either. The shower was good, but the towels were rough. It was a long drive back into town for the night's meal. Reception on the TV was hit and miss.

Breakfast was on offer, but the night before we had spotted a little cafe on the way in which proved to be a good choice for pancakes, eggs and coffee.

Comments