3311 US Highway 98 North, I-4 Exit 32, Lakeland, Florida, 33805, United States

Budget Travel Family Travel
See Amenities
ArenJo's Profile Photo

Howard Johnson Lakeland - Worst Ever

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on February 27, 2014

My boyfriend wonders if what happened is due to the fact that he checked us in and he is African American. He said he tried to show them his email on his phone and they said it would show up soon and didn't seem to want to be bothered by it. We got what we later verified was the worst rooms, while all the other guests were placed in a whole different area of the hotel. After he left for a night shift in Tampa and I was alone, the security guard was banging on the door saying that no one was supposed to be in this room and we didn't have a reservation. He told me if I didn't show him paperwork right then he was throwing me out. I called my boyfriend and got the email from him within minutes, but by then more staff showed up even though it was clear that the first time he came to the door I was in the middle of a shower. I showed them the email, then on top of that they insisted I give them his credit card number as well. They never apologized at any point. When I pulled the bed sheets back I found mouse droppings and remembered that earlier I heard scratching in the wall. By morning my boyfriend was back and when he insisted on being moved, they told us we had only paid for one night even though the email I showed them clearly showed we paid for 2 nights. My boyfriend kept on them and eventually we got moved 2 rooms down (still in the area where they weren't putting other white guests). This was a very trashy hotel and people were standing in their doorways barbequing. The parking area looked shady and had "park at your own risk" signs. The ceiling of both rooms had stains. WORST place I have EVER stayed.

Unique Quality: HORRIBLE!

RhondaRuth's Profile Photo

Comfort at a great price!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 22, 2003

It's close to my family, so we don't have to drive far. We've stayed here twice now and both times I got the best prices off the Internet for our stay. Check there. Lakeland is only a little under an hour from DisneyWorld and other attractions. So if you want a good price and don't mind the hour drive, this place is great for your stay in Florida.

Unique Quality: Pool and a great full hot breakfast buffet. What more do we need? Oh ya, a comfortable bed!!

Directions: Route 98 and Route 4 junction.

Nearby Howard Johnson Lakeland

• Lakeland Howard Johnson
  • Howard Johnson Hotel Lakeland
  • Howard Johnson Executive Hotel Lakeland

Address: 3311 US Highway 98 North, I-4 Exit 32, Lakeland, Florida, 33805, United States

3 Photos of Howard Johnson Lakeland

• Shuttle Service
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Lakeland Travel Forum

Need advice about Lakeland, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Lakeland and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Lakeland hotel reviews