Hilton Longboat Key Beach Resort

Hilton Longboat Key Beachfront Resort
amextravel.com Booking.com eDreams

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Hilton Longboat Key Beach Resort

The Hilton - Longboat Hey was phenomenal...

by TripAdvisor Member TankMan347

My wife and I take a long weekend trip every year without the kids and this was the best one yet... We stayed the the Hilton Longboat Key and the best way to describe this place is phenomenal ! The service was excellent, the room was awesome, and even the food was great. Even though we're having a pretty mild winter in NJ it was great to be on the beach in early March !!! I travel a lot on business so there's nothing better than a nice quiet beach resort. This is the 5th different one I've stayed at in FL and it is by far the best - I highly recommend it !!!

Beautiful and quiet beach and hotel

by TripAdvisor Member fotocoquine

My husband and I discovered this gem 20 years ago, and we were thrilled that it was as beautiful and peaceful as we remembered it. We had a view of the gulf from our balcony. We just arrived home last night (to 19 degree temperatures and snow) and we already wish we were back at Longboat Key. As we're used to swimming in Maine, my daughter and I braved the gulf waters (65 degrees) before our routine of going into the heated pool and hot tub.

The hotel is beautifully landscaped with mature palm trees. We could have easily spent all our time there taking long beach walks, watching for dolphins and enjoying a good book. It seems to draw a low-key crowd - if you're looking for nail salons and nightlife, it is refreshingly lacking here! Service was friendly and efficient. We had breakfast and lunch at the hotel, both reasonably priced and very good. We would have had dinner there too, but we ran out of time. It is a lovely spot for sunset libations.

The only negative part of our vacation was (unrelated to the hotel) the Fun and Sun Parasailing in nearby Anna Maria Island. They would not allow my husband or me to ride along on the boat with our two parasailing children, although they allowed two adult riders from the other (adult) group. I wouldn't recommend doing business with Fun and Sun, but I recommend the lovely Longboat Key Hilton.

A special place

by TripAdvisor Member hydra

We stayed here for seven days in mid february and were absolutely delighted with our choice.
Admittedly, we did upgrade to a seaview room with a large terrace balcony, but are so glad we did.It was beautiful to have that view of the ocean and sunsets.
The room was also larger than a standard.
We had read reviews before we left the U.K that the normal rooms our tour operator booked overlooked the car park and this proved so.The upgrade cost an extra $75 per night plus tax,so wasn't cheap,but we still think it was worth it.
The rooms overlooking the car park are on the north side of the hotel, so get no sun all day.Better to request a pool-view(all south-facing),or upgrade to the sea-view (all west-facing).
All rooms have a small walk-on balcony as standard.Ours had this, aswell as the terrace which also meant we had two sets of patio doors.This made the room much more light and spacious.
We found the staff to be friendly and welcoming, giving the place a homely sort of feel.
The food we also found to be excellent and good value.We actually ended up eating here four evenings out of the seven it was that good!
Longboat Key is probably one of the most naturally beautiful places we have visited in Florida and the residents,we found, are rightly proud and protective of it.
The beach is a lovely,soft sugarry white sand that stretches forever! The Hilton has its own private section with plenty of clean,orderly sunbeds and cabanas.
The pool,though a little small,was fine and lightly heated.The outdoor jacuzzi was warmer than your bath though!This was great as, whilst we were there,the temperatures were a little low,which was a pity.
Both the Hilton and Longboat Key are highly recommended if you want relaxation with some class and a laid-back style.

A Hotel in Paradise

My wife and I stayed at the Hilton during the first week in October 2005, it was our third visit having been here in 2000 and 2001.
We arrived early at around 1 45pm after driving down from Orlando, we requested a king bed and explained that we knew that we were early for check in.
The guy on reception said our room would be ready in 45 minutes which was good as we were over 2 hours early. A lady come out from the back and offered us both a bottle of chilled water which was very welcome as it was around 95 outside. We went for a walk around the beach and hotel and about 45 minutes later were advised that our room was ready. The room was on the fourth floor with 2 balconies overlooking the front of the hotel, it was perfect.
We cannot fault this hotel,the staff or the location, you can't beat breakfast on the pool patio overlooking the Gulf.
I read comments about Travel City, this was our third holiday with Travel City in three years, they are the best.

Nice but not 3 Stars

by TripAdvisor Member Charliemon

My husband, 10 year old son and I just returned from five nights at the Hilton. Overall the hotel is good, the location is pretty, the pool and beach nice - the rooms are small (but clean) and a bit outdated lacking the amenities one would expect for $400 a night. The terrace/balcony is barely big enough for two people to stand on, the TV had one kids channel which only worked occassionally, no vcr or DVD and the mini-frig was pretty warm and never restocked.
That said we still liked the hotel but its much more of a 2 star hotel charging 3 star prices.

The restaurant was pretty good and the service extremely helpful throughout the hotel-especially Donna Dolan at the restaurant.

The hotel cancelled their much advertised free shuttle to St. Armands Circle which made the only way there a taxi ($30 round trip + tip) - we hadn't rented a car based on the shuttle promise so we were more than a little disappointed.

Not worth the trip

The location is great, but it's downhill from there. The rooms are fine for what used to be called a motel. The service does not exist. Check in was 2hours late, no towels Sunday morning at the beach until 10. Very flippant front desk staff. No sign of a manager anywhere. No apologies whatsoever for any of their shortcomings and all this at $330 for a first floor room opening onto the parking lot. At best I'd give this room $200.

Had a relaxing time

I have stayed at many 5 stars on down and they are at minimum a 3 as they report. Yes this is a old building as most are in the area but we had a well decorated, clean suite that gave us all ample room to move. It was very comfortable and easy to relax. The pool is nice and the beach as well. Chairs and towels readily available. The staff very nice. They front desk man took the time to make sure we got the right room for what we were looking for. The food was fabulous!! We ordered room service 3 times and loved each meal and actually felt it was well worth what we paid (a first for room service). I certainly know there are a lot of worse places to stay in the area! So...if you think you like this one give it a try. People often think HILTON...glitz and glam...this is not but it is a good hotel to relax and unwind and enjoy the beach!

Relaxing

by TripAdvisor Member Fen-Savage

We had a lovely time but..... There had a wedding on which meant part of the beach was taped off for the wedding. The afternnon around the pool consisted of the d.j at the wedding with load music. This went on for 2 days ending in drunk kids slamming doors and running around shouting when we were in bed. The hotel is clean and nice.
Could not eat outside as i have a fear of big flapping birds which they seemed to encourage at the dinning tables, picking at peoples meals.
The beach is to die for, the sea crystal clear anfd warm, but by far this lacked the hiltons standards

Perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member jkred

We stayed at the Hilton Inn on Longboat Key and it was so nice. They have redone the rooms, they were very comfortable. The private beach is well maintained and the staff was most helpful. Highly recommended!

Comments