100 S Ocean Blvd, Manalapan, FL 33462

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• doug48's Profile Photo

luxury

the ritz carlton is a luxury resort hotel located on manalapan beach. this first class property offers all of the amenities that you would expect from this luxury chain. the ritz carlton is one of the best resort hotels in southeast florida. expensive.

More about The Ritz-Carlton Palm Beach

Wouldn't go there again...

We stayed at the Ritz Carlton Palm Beach for two nights and were somewhat disappointed. First of all the rooms are completely outdated, with furniture probably from the 80s and not up to date for a modern hotel (even a one with a classic style). Second, the staff was in parts quite unfriendly. For example on our arrival we called to get help on the directions to the hotel. The front desk clerk was extremely unhelpful and unfriendly and only after a third call we were connected to the concierge who could help us.Third, they had construction work going on in the hotel with heavy drilling and hammering noise throughout the day, something you do not expect fpr a hotel in this category during your stay. And finally the location is far away from the nice Plam Beach center area. The beach located next to the hotel was fine with a lot of empty space and the bell men were actually very friendly.

All in all I would not stay anymore in the Ritz Carlton. It's definitely not what you expect from a 5* hotel in service and style!

Lots of children

My husband and I just got back from 3 nights at the RC. The hotel was lovely and our room (first floor) was very large and nicely appointed. I was very surprised at the number of children at this resort. If you are looking for a quiet, adult getaway this may not be the place for you. This hotel was full of families on the beach and by the (noisy) pool...there seemed to be no escaping the children. Service on the beach was very slow-appx 30 to 40 min. wait for a beer. The problem seemed to be understaffing. Again, the hotel was very nice and the staff very accomodating; but not the quiet and laid back vacation we were hoping for. If we return to Palm Beach with our daughter I would definitely consider staying here again, but for an adult-only trip we will go to the Four Seasons(stayed at the FS-Palm Beach 2 years ago and loved it) as they do not seem to cater to children like the Ritz does.

Wonderful

This hotel is excellent in every respect. We spent five days in May and enjoyed every aspect of the hotel.

Rooms: OK, the rooms are a bit dated (you wont find a flat screen tv here). But the beds are comfortable, and the bathrooms are well appointed (marble shower, separate marble tub, two sinks, separate room with the toilet). If you are used to the Mandarin Oriental in Miami or something similarly trendy, you might be disappointed. But if you are used to old world elegance, this will suit your needs.

Pool/Beach: The pool is very relaxing and is moderately sized. We chose to sit by the ocean. The chairs by the ocean are free for hotel guests, but the umbrellas were either $10/day or $20/day? By the way, the bottom of the shallow area of the beach has become rocky. This presumably occurred because of the rough hurricane season during 2004. It was quite difficult to actually swim in the ocean since the rocks would tear up the bottom of your feet. So, if you are set on swimming in the ocean (rather than the pool), I dont know if I would recommend this area of the ocean. However, if you are content to sit by the beautiful ocean and swim in the pool, this place is great.

Service: Excellent service. Anything we asked for came immediately. The concierge was excellent. The poolside service was very quick. They even opened the business center for us during an off-peak hour so that I could print out a document. Better yet, there was no charge. (A tip I have learned - spend the five minutes to print your boarding pass before going to the airport; it made our wait at Ft. Lauderdale Airport much shorter.)

Parking: Valet only, $20 a day - Similar to the Four Seasons down the road. The first time I came to this hotel, the forced valet service annoyed me. Now that I am so busy at work and can really use the rest on vacation, I really enjoyed letting someone else worry about my car (though I must say that $20/day is more than I pay in a big city to park my car).

Restaurants: The only meal we had at the hotel was lunch (by the pool). The food was very good. We had been looking forward to the breakfast buffet (that we had enjoyed in past years), but the buffet was not offered on any day including Sunday. (FYI: For breakfast on most mornings, we ended up walking across the street to a new grocery store with a great outdoor area in the back with all sorts of fresh food. In fact, the little restaurant in the back of that grocery store is a great place for a quick, inexpensive and casual lunch - they have outdoor seating and have a salad bar, pasta bar, soups, etc...)

Overall: Excellent place. If I absolutely loved swimming in the ocean, I might have been disappointed. But, we were content to sit by the blue ocean water and swim in the pool. In summary, its an excellent place to relax and be pampered.

not up to snuff

Plain and simple, this hotel does not uphold the standards you might expect from a Ritz Carlton. The spa I would rate a 3 out of 10. The spa facility just okay but not by any means memorable. The pool was full of unsupervised kids that made enjoying the spot impossible. Pool itself is...just okay. Intox conventionaires a plenty here!.... just not a RITZ. Our A/C in the room literally blew up at 2am with a bang. The engineers responded promptly,but worked on the unit till 3:30 am as we sat and watched. RC did knock 200 bucks off the bill for this. The carpet in the room was stained and the furniture ....just okay.. Will say the bed was very comfortable. There were leaks that made their way into the lower level rug causing a wonderful musty odor and a dirty old wheelchair was kept in the hallway on our floor in case anyone needed a dirty, dusty, decrepid old wheel chair.. All in all...just okay..not what I expected from a Ritz Carlton property. At these prices, there are much better places to stay in the area, we could of done much much better.

Not good

by TripAdvisor Member razbox

Old hotel, currently being refurbished, but it will take many years.

Generally poor service (other than at Front Desk which was excellent), esp in restaurants.

Not recommended for at least 2 years!

Disappointment

This hotel does not live up to the Ritz's reputation. The beach had a suffered a great deal of hurricane damage. Specifically, there were huge boulders located all along the shoreline (we were told that they were exposed during the last hurricane). It made swimming impossible as we could not pass/climb over the slippery rocks. Very disappointing. The beach was quite small and covered in jet skis (the Ritz rented them out). You could smell their fumes. The hotel was also pricey (as to be expected). However, there was a great beachfront restaurant located next door to the Ritz. You could get breakfast, lunch and drinks for half the price of the Ritz. The food was great and you had a wonderful ocean view. If you ate at the poolside cafe at the Ritz, you had no beach view.

The gym was very old. There were approximately five treadmills, two ellipticals and a bike or two. Additionally, there were some free weights. No machines. Five people created a crowd. Not a state of the art facility to say the least.

Despite these disappointments, the room was clean, service was good and the water was crystal clear. However, if you want an incredible beach front, Ritz resort, I'd opt for the Ritz Naples...fantastic!

Nice Resort, Nice People

Very nice weekend with my wife and 9 month old. The hotel provided us with a nice full size crib, a high chair, and quickly brought us up hot water for our baby's bottle whenever we needed it. The renovated rooms are very nice, and the bathrooms are great. Great place to travel with a family. I actually prefer this resort to The Breakers. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Seems like the grounds were cleaned up since the hurricane. The beach is a bit thin, but overall a very nice place to take the family.

It's Only A Ritz By Name

Just returned from a 4 night stay during the Xmas holiday. In short, the only thing this property has in common with Ritz Carlton is its name. We have stayed at the Ritz/Amelia Island, Ritz South Beach, Ritz/Chicago, Ritz/Philadelphia and even the Ritz/Paris (Note: not part of the Ritz Chain).

While the rooms were recently refurbed, they were still not "Ritz elegant". In fact, our ocean view room was already feeling "worn".

Location was nothing special. Drove through some shady neighborhoods to get there. Beach was pretty beat up from the recent hurricane. The pool furniture was beyond old and tattered. The ocean furniture was even worse featuring white strap lounge chairs that cost 50 bucks as Costco. We did learn that they were planning on updating in the "future".

Now to service. The parking and bell staff were top notch. Each time greeting us with a warm "welcome back". The desk staff and management were not responsive. We had a room next to a young family with kids that woke us at 7AM. While we ourselves have young children, they were not with us. We asked to be moved first thing that morning and were told they were just cleaning a new room for us down the hall. Stopped by the desk at 3PM, they said they would call shortly on my cell...I heard the NEXT DAY at 4PM that we could move. Not exactly Ritz service.

So my advice would be stay at the Sout Beach property which is amazing!

Happy Travels!

Ritz crackers

I recently attended a seminar at the Ritz in Manalapan. I was told that the Ritz provided top notch service and amenities. I was extremely critical since we were attending their world class seminar the next morning. I found that my room was not ready since I arrived at 2am. I also found spots on the carpet, chips in paint and foul moldy odor in the room. I noticed a repaired vase, damage consul table and several lights out in the chandelier's I realize that this is an older hotel, but I was expecting to be wowed. My Ocean front room was excellent I must say. The bell service was on target and never skipped a beat! Over all my experience was better than OK, but I would prefer to spend my money at better luxury hotels.

Comments