Coral Lagoon

12411 Overseas Highway, Marathon, Florida, 33050, United States

Coral Lagoon Resort & Marina
Hotels.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

• 100% Satisfied!

We got married in Marathon in March 2012. Many of our friends and family traveled very far to be a part of our special day. After thoroughly searching for a resort that could accommodate all of our needs we chose Coral Lagoon Resort and Marina. It is a small but newer resort which was perfect for us. We basically rented out the entire resort for a 4-day weekend so we had enough time to get a real feel of the place. The townhouses were very clean and spacious. I did read some reviews before selecting this resort about how the Property Manager was rude, the townhouses were not clean, and there weren’t enough towels, etc… so I was a little hesitant. Rest assured everything was FANTASTIC!!! Like I said, we rented out the entire resort so I had a chance to go inside every single unit and they all looked fine. The Property Manager, he was a delight and very easy to work with. If we needed anything he was always willing to help and if the office wasn’t open we had a # to reach him directly. Since, they don’t operate like a normal hotel with daily housekeeping…yes we had to wash our own towels with the laundry detergent they provided. Big deal! Overall, the location and property was a great place to stay. I can’t wait to go back! I have absolutely no complaints and I am 100% satisfied. We also rented the “banquet room” on location where we held our wedding reception. Again, it was wonderful! For several months before the big day I worked with Claudia in customer service who handled all of our reservations. She was also very pleasant to work and I cannot thank her enough. I totally recommend Coral Lagoon Resort to anyone looking for accommodations in the Keys area. It’s a hidden GEM!!!

Directions: Mile Marker 53.5 in Marathon

• An Unpleasant Surprise

This once great facility has Changed for the worse! 4 towels for a party of 6 people! Ill fitting linen on the sheets. Sparsely equipped kitchen utensils. Everything is on the cheap now! Water stains on the upstairs ceiling. No customer service! Hit and miss management of a beautiful facility. Our reservation request was changed without our knowledge. A locked pool without the courtesy of informing the guest at check in that a form and deposit was needed,,,are you kidding???Guest- bring your own towels, and pans if you need to prepare food, there wasn't even a can opener in the unit! The onsite manager claims this all decisions of the Home Owner's Association who you can not contact. I have stayed a some very sparse accommodations in the keys but all offered a least one towel per guest and one hand towel. Half the units bulbs were blown. Who checks this " luxurious" resort's consistency of services and units? Beware--You were warned!

Unique Quality: Physically a beautiful facility which in 2010 was as advertised. Too bad such a beautiful place has gone downhill. Docks are great and it is located in a convenient loocaiton.

Comments