7050 Overseas Highway, Florida, 33050, United States
Hotels.com Orbitz.com Booking.com

Satisfaction Average

More about Marathon

Charter Fishing Success - Marathon, FLCharter Fishing Success - Marathon, FL

Fish Pond--You can feed them! Great for kids!Fish Pond--You can feed them! Great for kids!

cracked conch cafecracked conch cafe

money key near the 7 mile bridgemoney key near the 7 mile bridge

7 mile grill...

by lladydi

I was just wondering if there is any way to find out about the license plate wall at the grill..I had sent a plate down from Minnesota and wondering if they had received it and if it was hanging up..the plate is "PMSSUX", my grandson and I were there last year at this time, just before he left for the Marines's and he thouth htath it would be a great idea for me to send it down, he was just home on leave and had asked me if I new or not, if the plate was hanging. I told him that I would try and find out, so if anyone know's the answer to this question I would love to know..Thanks a lot, from Minnesota.

Re: 7 mile grill...

by TheConchMan

I think Bill & Shirley Scott still own the place but we haven't been there for awhile, here is a phone number you can call them & check-out to see if they have received your license plate from Minnesota. I'm also a Viking fan since 1954!

(305) 743-4481

Travel Tips for Marathon

Fishing License

by Fasulye

There are various locations, usually marinas, where you can get a Florida fishing license. You will need this not only for fishing, but if you plan to collect any coral species or invertebrates. Don't be caught without it. They are sold for different periods of time ranging from a week to longer timeframes.

New Seven Mile Bridge

by grandmaR

I don't think we ever drove on the new Seven Mile Bridge until this year (2004). When we left Key West (to move to Philadelphia in January - brrr) we were still using the old bridge. Since then, we've seen it from the water, but not driven on it. The old bridge was narrow and was also a draw bridge. I totally do not remember where the draw bridge part of it was, and I can't figure it out now. But I know it must have been there, because otherwise how would big ships get from the bay side to the ocean side without going all the way down to Key West?

Greeter at Burdines

by grandmaR

No, the clothing of this lady is not the norm for Marathon!! She is a mannequin that stands at the bottom of the stairs leading up to the Chiki Tiki deck where the bar and tables are. My grandson was interested to discovere that he could pull on a line up at the top of the stairs and the lady would wave.

I took this picture on one of my first bike rides, so I didn't have anyone to stand at the top of the stairs and make the lady wave.

MM 1194.1 Pancho's Fuel Dock

by grandmaR

I have never gotten fuel here, or taken a slip. This is a very small marina with very few slips and I've never been able to get one. Fuel, Convenience Store, Full bait shop, electric & water, liveaboards, monthly & daily slips. Texaco Fuel. 7 days 7am-7pm. Hablamos Espanol

Sombrero Country Club

by grandmaR

This is one of two golf courses in Marathon (one more than Key West has) but it is a private course, not open to the public. I do not know if it is open to the guests at the resort or not. This course is on terrain that is only six inches above sea level. Marl, a sand-based substance, makes up the soil content on this course.

Holes and Fairways: Bermuda Grass