560 S. Collier Blvd., , Florida, 34145, United States

amextravel.com Booking.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• doug48's Profile Photo

on the beach

the marco island hilton is one of the best beach front resort hotels in marco island. the marco island hilton offers all of the amenities that you would expect from this better hotel chain. the rooms have a patio over looking the ocean, a very nice pool, and a beautiful white sand beach. for those who want to stay on the beach i recommend this property. as with most hotels in s.w. florida the rates are much higher during the winter tourist season.

Directions: from US 41 take SR 951 to marco island. take n. collier blvd (SR951) west to beach then left on s. collier blvd.

• Great Accomodations, Great Beach & Hilton Points!

One of the three best resort hotels on the beach at Marco Island. Attention to detail is obvious. Staff is attentive & helpful, not overbearing. They seem happy to work there!

Beach is well manicured, with plenty to do.

Boardwalk to beach.

Unique Quality: Nothing unique or unusual, just solidly 4-star!

Directions: About 1/2 mile south of the residents' beach, next to the Marriott.

More about Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort

Barren Marco

by FMJ666 about Hilton Marco Island

Stunning views, great beeches. Food of high standard.

Nothing is inclusive however, every single thing is additionally chargeable. Broadband, water, towels. Even at the pool, you are required to pay a deposit for the beech towels!
Sub-contracted parking lot really took the ***, some $60 for 4 days!! Fantastic views from high up in the building.

Stolen Property

My wife and I were guest at the Hilton Marco Island from March 19-21.
We arrived at 3:00 PM on 3/19 and were told our room was not ready, even though check in time is advertised at 3:00 PM. We were asked to unload our car with the bellman and were offered (2) complimentary drinks while we waited at the pool bar, which we accepted.

My wife went to the pool bar while I escorted the bellman to the car, unloaded, then parked the car. I then joined my wife at the pool bar.
What occurred to us later was my wife's leather jacket was lifted from the bellman's cart while it was sitting in your lobby. Inside the pockets of her leather jacket were two sets of house keys, hers and mine. When my wife asked where her leather jacket was. I told her the bellman put it on the his cart at the Hilton when we unloaded the car.

When a bellman at a four star hotel unloads the luggage and you are sent to the pool because your room is not ready you expect there is an element of security that should not have to be questioned. At the Hilton hotel the bell carts are loaded and placed between the bell stand and the concierge desk. No one is actually watching these carts and people walking by have no problem in helping themselves to whatever is on them, from employees to guest, to thieves walking by looking for their next opportunity.

I wrote to the General Manager, Mr. Mac Chaudry, advising his bell stand security is not what it should be and explained we were victimized as a result of it. When a bellman accepts the luggage and personal items of a hotel guest there is a responsibility to deliver those items and not to abandon them in the lobby while you unload other guest that also cannot get into their rooms as advertised due to the housekeeping being behind schedule.

Evidently, Mr. Chaudry did not find my complaint worthy of a response.

disappointed

My husband & I went to celebrate our 27th Wedding Anniversary, Febraury 7th - 14th. We were very disappointed in the staff and the hotel. The refrigerator was a cooler at best. We stated our concerns to the staff and they brought a refrigerator that was left 2 feet from the bed. It hummed and vibrated all night preventing a decent night's rest. It was then moved into a cabinet and vibrated for the length of our stay. We had the best dinner at the Marriot down the road and next time we come to Marco Island, we'll stay there. The food at the Hilton was overpriced and very small dinner portions. I don't believe this is a true 4 star hotel. It was in need of an update. It was a glorified Best Western, at best. We left a comment card and we never received a response to our concerns. If they had spent half the time on the hotel guests as they did on the Conference attendees, we would have enjoyed our stay.

Absolutely wonderful...

My boyfriend and I took our first trip together to Marco Island in January of 2004. I did not know what to expect but as we drove onto the island, I felt like I was in the lifestyles of the rich and famous. The Hilton was a wonderful place to stay. We had a garden/tennis view but from that view, we could see the Gulf almost straight ahead anyway. It was wonderful because the night that we weren't on the beach watching the sunset, we were able to watch it from our room. I found the staff to be wonderful as well. We ordered room service 2 out of the 4 nights and the service was great. They called and asked us if the food was to our satisfaction. The room was very spacious and inviting. We ate at both restaurants in the hotel itself and they were very nice also. The concierge was very helpful when we were looking for a place to see manatees. Overall, I would recommend anyone to stay at the Hilton on Marco Island. The staff made our first trip together absolutely perfect.

If you want to be spoiled

If you want to feel special while visiting a tropical island in the United States, the Hilton at Marco Island is the place to go. The entire staff was friendly, curteous, and went out of their way to be helpful. I have never felt so spoiled and "cared for" on a trip away from home. One staff member even ran ahead of us to press the elevator button! Amazing!! The breakfast buffet was awesome, and the sunsets spectacular. I can't wait to go back next year. I can't imagine getting treated any better than we did at the Hilton. Great job!

A geat beach resort

by TripAdvisor Member bkrash4

We had a great time at the Hilton. The beach is beautiful and the room was larger than the average hotel room. The staff was helpful and friendly. You can walk to local dining and shops. Be aware the cost for the tennis courts is $13 hr. Also, you may elect not to have the $9 daily resort fee. The only thing I see the daily resort fee goes towards is the beach chairs... We did not go for the resort fee, and still had the free daily paper, use of the fitness center, towels etc.... Overall, it is a great family resort, clean, and the best location on the island...

not good

by TripAdvisor Member geekay

My wife, two year old, and I were just there from April 11th-18th, 2004.
We booked a US Airways vacation package. We found the hotel to be very overpriced, and in serious need of immediate updates.
The rooms were of decent size, and relatively clean, but need work. It felt more like a budget hotel than a resort.
The pool is very small, and the heater was broken until our last day there. The water was ice cold, and very few people swam.
The food quality and service at the hotel were average, and the concierge left at 5pm each day. {Odd in high season}.
My son became ill our first day there, so we were forced to remain at the Hilton for the first two days of our trip. If he had not gotton sick, I had arranged to move the the Marriot, which was right up the beach, withthe help of US Airways vacations for $107 more for the week. [That hotel was magnificent, but the rooms were smaller].
If we go back to Marco Island I would not stay at this property again. I really paid way too much.
Of note, the beach is all shells, and if you have little ones, they must wear something to protect their feet.
I will be contactaing US Airways vacations, my travel agent, and the hotel, for some adjustment of my bill, for this very dissapointing stay.

Fantastic location, shame about the slow restaurant service

by TripAdvisor Member travelomancity

Perfect location for a beach holiday, pool a little on the small side but even when the pool heater was fixed (see below) there were no more than 20 people in there. Service in Paradise Cafe was slow even after mentioning this to our waitress, the F&B supervisor, we waited over 30 mins even when the place was quiet for burger, spaghetti and chicken fingers.
Beach is comprised of shells and beach shoes are a must even for adults. Cathy OClarkes has good food across the road but beware the hygiene!

Visiting Marco Island

by arsenalfc

Hi, We are staying at the Marco Island Hilton Resort for two weeks at the end of September, from the UK.
We would really appreciate any information on restaurants (reasonably priced) near the hotel where we can eat out.
Also any other advice on things to do on Marco Island would be really appreciated. We have two older ladies with us (65)

by cacosta

Hi,

I stayed there last year and it was very nice. I went in August and it was very quiet in the off season. There are several restaurants that are nearby (walking distance) but I didnt eat at any of them (sorry). I can recommend the small movie theatre right across the street, which was a delightful little establishment that serves food and drink in the theatre. Also, you aren't to far from Naples, if you have a car, I 'd recommend a drive down mansion road. Just ask at the hotel.

Have a great time.

by donato1899

I don't know if it is near your hotel, but there was a great pizzeria/restaurant called Marco's that had good pizza, great linguini with tuna and a very nice Italian proprietor.
A trip up to Naples would be nice,with a walk on 5th Ave. to see the shops and restaurants,a very nice safe upscale area.

by domenicococozza

Hi,
Like you we are British but we lived on Marco Island for 6 years.
Unfortunaltely it was some time ago and the ol'memory aint wot it was.
There are some excellent seafood restaurants - Kretch's, Snook Inn. These are down in Old Marco. If you've got a car then drive over to Goodland and try the Little Bar.
Opposite side of the street to th Hilton is an excellent Italian Restaurant but dont remember the name.
If you like beef then try Pewter Mug.
I'm sure your concierge will be able to help with these places or any others.

Comments