Budget Inn Melbourne

4505 W New Haven Ave, (formerly Travelodge), Melbourne, Florida, 32904, United States
Budget Inn Melbourne
Orbitz.com Booking.com Travelocity

Satisfaction Terrible

More about Melbourne

radisson hotelradisson hotel

foo barfoo bar

flatiron building, new haven historic districtflatiron building, new haven historic district

Sunset over Melbourne's beachSunset over Melbourne's beach

Travel Tips for Melbourne

Brevard Zoo

by grandmaR

The zoo is about equa-distant from Cocoa and Melbourne. It is probably closest to Pineda. But it has the Melbourne address of 8225 N. Wickham Road, Melbourne, FL 32940

10 AM - 5 PM - No admissions after 4:15. Hours may vary on special event days.

Admission: Adults $9.00
Seniors (60 & up) $8.00
Children (2-12) $6.00

28 of 56+ acres have been developed to date. Over 480 animals representing 130 different species from Latin America, Native Florida, Asia and Australia.

Handicapped accessible; wheelchair & stroller rentals. Free parking; snack bar; gift shop; picnic table. You can also pay extra to ride the little train through the African area, and feed various kinds of animals. There are also keyak trips through the waterways of the zoo.

Alligator and Crocodile feedings are at 3:30 p.m. every Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday and can be seen from the bridge to Native Florida.

River Otter Feeding Times - River Otter feedings are at 2:00 p.m. every Tuesday and Saturday at the otter habitat in Native Florida.

My Big, Fat, Greek Family Diner!

by Dancer_75 about Niki's Rainbow Diner

This is a Greek run, family diner. I always take the food to go and I have never been disappointed. It's not what I call fancy by any means, but really good diner food. I would check it out. As I mentioned, I usually take my food to go, but I always go for the pastitsio. That is my ultimate favorite Greek dish!

Just a few more to mention.....

by Dancer_75 about Bet you didn't think Melbourne had this much! ;)

National/International chains:
Hooters
877 S.Babcock St
Melbourne, FL
321-725-7409
credit cards accepted $10USD PP
www.hooters.com

Hooters, hooters, hooters LOL. My husband says he goes for the wings, yeah right LOL! Anybody who knows Hooters, knows what people come here for...should I say the ambiance? If you haven't been there, before, you will see, but hey, the wings are good from what I hear.

TGIF
2000 Evans Rd
Melbourne, FL
321-723-8443
credit cards accepted $5-15USD PP
www.tgifridays.com

Known throughout the world. The walls have knick knacks of yester-years on the walls and the waitresses/waiters wear suspenders with all kinds of pins on them. It is a variety of sanwiches, entress, drinks, etc.

william roesch house

by doug48

most people visit the melbourne area for it's beautiful atlantic beaches, salt water fishing, and it's scores of good restaurants and bars. melbourne beach and eau gallie also has a number of historic homes and buildings that are of interest to those interested in architecture and florida history. the william roesch house is one of the oldest existing homes in the melbourne area. this house was built in 1901 and is now part of the rossetter history museum. at the roesch house you can arrange a tour of the rossetter house and the nearby houston pioneer cemetery. see the attached web site for more information.

ICW Trip 2001 Leg 26 Melbourne

by grandmaR

"December 5, 2001 - Titusville to Melbourne"

Coming down the Indian River, Bob did quite a bit of sailing as there was a strong east wind. He likes to sail.

Took a photo of the Cocoa Beach water tower with the big flag on it. Some of the fixed bridges are in such bad shape at the bottom that you can see the rebar and wire mesh sticking out. One of them has apparently had the concrete painted at the bottom - whether to conceal new cement work or to cover up graffiti is hard to tell. I made lunch and when I came up to eat it, I spilled a whole glass of iced tea on myself.

We anchored about mile marker 920 behind Crab Point off Melbourne Beach about 1320. The wind was 10-20 knots from the east - we were as close to shore as we could get.

The wind gen was running and putting lots of amps into the batteries, so we ran the TV. The space shuttle was to go off at 5:19, so I turned up the TV loud while we ate dinner in the cockpit. We saw it come out over the trees, and then in between clouds. I got a pretty good picture with the digital camera. It was not as close as it would have been if we were still in Titusville, but I was glad to see it in person.

"December 6, 2001"

Bob pulled the anchor and I motored out of the anchorage. He started the refrigeration, and pulled out the jib and then cooked bacon for himself (I just had a bagel).

We passed a topsail schooner which was apparently being pushed along by a dinghy. We got through the shallow areas by Vero Beach - I didn't get a picture of the mooring field there. Bob had the sails out quite a bit.

Every time a power boat passed the depth sounder went crazy.

Next Fort Pierce