Doubletree Guest Suites Melbourne Beach Oceanfront

1665 North A1A, (formerly Melbourne Suites Beach Resort), Indialantic, Florida, 32903, United States
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Melbourne Beach Oceanfront
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Booking.com

Costs 30% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Doubletree Guest Suites Melbourne Beach Oceanfront

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member FloridaSoccerMom

Have stayed here 2x with a small group to attend soccer tournaments in the past month. Great hotel and service. Rooms are beautiful all are oceanview, the beds are very comfortable, rooms are clean nicely appointed. Would highly recommend.

Great service and rooms

by TripAdvisor Member bagspact

Stayed here one night over Memorial Day weekend and was happy with it. Great service staff - everyone I encountered was friendly and competent. Loved the room - nice decor and the suite concept with the real door between the two rooms is great. The beach was fine, location OK - just there for the beach. WalMart a couple minutes up the road came in handy for beach stuff. No free breakfast, buffet a little pricey, no decent fruit or pastries. Great kids meals, though - good value and quality. Small pool deck and pool bar, but OK. Doubletree does a good job.

Great Place to stay on the beach!

by TripAdvisor Member omisamoyed

The hotel is an ideal beach front place to stay and just enjoy the beach. The front desk is extremely conscientious and helpful. When we were there for 4 nights in June 2007 there was a tropical depression that came through and we woke up to wet carpets, etc. The hotel moved us to the North Tower and gave us half price for two nights. Front desk gave excellent recommendations of where to eat. The guy on the beach who rents the umbrellas and stuff is not dependable (may just not show up) and the rates are very steep. He is independent from the hotel. Consider buying your own umbrella and chairs at nearby Walgreen's if you are staying 4 days or more. If you are there on a Sunday check out The Way Church which meets in the hotel. Hotel is convenient to good restaurants, etc.

What a disappointment!

by TripAdvisor Member Carolf32

After spending a few days prior to this stay being pampered at the Residence Inn in Orlando, I had hoped this place would be equally relaxing on the beach. What a huge let down! First let me say, the owners have apparently remodeled the rooms, but the changes are strictly cosmetic. The only thing this place has is a nice view of the beach from your room(after noon - before that the sun nearly blinds you). The room was cramped, even with 2 rooms and the bathroom was totally ridiculous. The only bathroom I've ever been in that was smaller is on an airplane. Seriously, it measured 2.5 ft by 4 ft - you had to sit on the back of the toilet or squeeze between the toilet and the back wall to open and close the door! The 2 foot vanity in the middle of the rooms had a sink the size of the ones on an airplane so you can imagine what a mess there was just trying to wash your face.The pool was a joke - industrial looking, tiny and cloudy - I wouldn't even go near the jacuzzi. They had about 40 chairs crammed next to each other around the pool to accomodate about 200 guests - obviously the circling to find seating was less than relaxing. Amenities? There weren't any I could find - we didn't even get housekeeping the one full day we were there and had to call and request towels for showers which arrived an hour later. If this is the best hotel on this beach I'd suggest finding another beach to go to.

Worst Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member dallastx40

Great view of beach, poor housekeeping ( had to call front desk every day to recieve clean towels and glasses other items like shampo, soap. ect.) cramped room. Smallest bathroom ever, can't even shut door if you need to use toliet. Front desk was less than friendly or sensitive to guests needs. Lobby and resturant had no air, it apparently has been out for a month.

Suggest staying at the Raddison, luxrious, air conditioning and beautiful location.

Love this place

by TripAdvisor Member granniem

I found this hotel to be great. The toilet/shower area is small but that would be my only gripe. Front check in (warm cookies) to checkout everyone was so nice. The menu is not too varied but was fine for the kids room service. The pool is a nice size and very clean. We staryed from July 3rd to July 7th. I would go there again in a heart beat. Every room is ocean facing!

Clean self laundry facility. True the beach chair rental is expensive but when someone sets your charis up and your umbrella too, ya gotta pay.

Marvelous in Melbourne

by TripAdvisor Member Travelnteacher

My family and I just stayed here last week. We agree that the toilet/shower area was smallish, but everything else was great. Carol at the front desk was so personanble and friendly. She remembered us and called us by name each time we visited the front desk. We visited often for the great beach towels and warm cookies. (If you're nice to them, they will let you have more!) There were a couple of times during busy times when they were out of towels. We learned to grab them whenever we saw that they had them. Jack's is the restaurant on site and the food we had was great. It was typical prices for the area. The grouper sandwich was TERRIFIC! One was big enough for 2 people. The chicken skewers came with a wonderful salad with Asian dressing that tasted wonderful. There was a huge covered area with tables. We loved the hotel and would gladly stay there again.

Sort out the little rocks and the rest is fine...

by TripAdvisor Member e3paperman

After reading the mixed reviews of this hotel, I was hoping for the best but prepared for the worse.

Arrived and was checked into a room that had no working A/C, bad start to the stay. Went back to front desk and friendly Jennifer gave me an upgraded room (7th floor, corner). So off I go to seek the smallest sink in the hotel world.

First impression was ok. Yes the sink was tiny but since I was on business travel, I was not too concerned about spitting my toothpaste outside the sink's center LOL. The pool was surprisingly fine. Yes, more kids than adults but then again its Florida.

I would say their weakest area was the restaurant. The food was low quality and the prices high; more or less the opposite of my hopes and expectations. Access to the beach was easy, even had a beach dude there to set you up with chairs and umbrella.

I have to admit, the view of the ocean from the 7th floor room was great. The view of the ocean from the first floor room (where my travel mate was put) was not available, the dune and planting preventing any confirmation that this was an oceanfront hotel property.

Overall, I recommend this for couples or a small family. With the beach a stone throw away, it's great. Having the sink outside the bathroom is a bit funky. Just imagine morning tootbrushing with 3 kids all trying to spit into the jet size sink. Putting aside the little rocks of inconvienence, this place is OK.

If you can get a room above the 5th floor for about $140 a night, this place is a bargain. Higher prices or lower floor, I'd recommend shopping the other nearby hotels for a better bargain.

Enjoyed the Doubletree

by TripAdvisor Member ILtravelerRedBud

My husband, my 10 yr old son and I stayed at the Doubletree in Indianatlantic, FL in mid-June 2007. I chose to look at hotels in this area becuase I wanted to visit Kennedy Space Center but did not want to stay in Cocoa Beach (was looking for something that was less of a tourist spot). We have previously done the Disney thing so my family was just wanting a laid back beach hotel. Doubletree served that purpose. The suites are not gigantic, but was perfect for my family of 3. There was a refrigerator so we were able to buy some breakfast and lunch foods. When you walk in the room, there is the living area. Has a couch chair, nice size TV, entertainment center with storage, table with 2 chairs and refrigerator. High speed internet access is also in this area. You walk through the living area into the bathroom area. the vanity is on one wall and on the other wall is a door that leads to the toilet and shower. The toilet and shower area is smallish but met our needs fine. I liked that the vanity was outside the toilet/shower area. Last is the bedroom. the bedroom can be closed off with a pocket door. All the rooms have a wonderful ocean view. I would say, though, that rooms on the 1st floor may have a restricted view because of the shrubbery that grows on the sand dunes. The rooms have a small balcony, nice tv and of course, the comfortable Hilton beds with all the down pillows and throws. The beds are doubles (I am used to a king size bed). The bedroom has a dresser with, I believe, 6 drawers and a nice size closet. The hotel provides beach towels-sometimes they run out, but the staff tries to keep up. The hotel food was average. At night the entire hotel and beach strip is very dimmly lit because of sea turtle protection. The pool is a decent size and there are many lounge chairs on the patio area. The area of Melbourne Beach is not mainly geared to tourists-which is what I wanted. Therefore, while there are a few tourist shops it is more of just a normal community. You can drive to Orlando in about an hour.

Doubletree is relaxing

by TripAdvisor Member belder3411

We stayed 2 nights in July. This was a return trip, we stayed here also in March. The Doubletree is a nice little hotel.
All the rooms are suites & oceanfront, so they all have the great view. The beach is just a boardwalk away. During the middle of summer and the beach has very few people on it. No crowds.
The pool is small, but was plenty big for the number of guests.
The beds are so comfortable!
We would highly reccommend this hotel to anyone!

Comments