Melbourne Beach Hotels

• WhoSaysDat profile photo WhoSaysDat
  • Reviews: 2

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Doubletree Melbourne Beach FL: Doubletree Double Cross

After booking and confirming by phone my Hotels.com reservation for a king suite, I was denied the room at check-in. I was told that I would get a only a double bed room as the hotel may be sold out. I called Hotels.com and they would provide no assistance and said it was up to the hotel. I was shocked that Hotels.com, that morning reconfirmed the reservation and the room type, to be told there was nothing they would do.

Doubletree said they did not offer the room type and no organization had a authority to reserve it. I was out of luck and Doubletree would not let me out of my reservation.

On check in the room was dirty and small. I later found it to be infested with bed bugs and we left. Front desk people were not concerned. They said the hotel was busy and would look into the matter.

The hotel also does not have security but hosts parties with open bars for groups. This means the hotel is filled with drunks that are yelling late a night and urinating in the hallways. This is not a place for families.

Please consider another hotel as this one is more concerned about selling beer to drunks that providing a clean and quiet room.

And-if you do stay there, check for bed bugs.

Good location on a quiet beach, but the hotel is dirty and rowdy.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average