600 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, Florida, 33139, United States

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 27% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• Mari6625's Profile Photo

Good price for Ocean Drive

It was your typical Art Deco hotel on Ocean Drive. Very 50's in decor. The location you can not beat. It's right across the street from the beach and within walking distance to anything. I think this hotel runs about $200-$250 a night which is fairly cheap to be on Ocean Drive. This was a total spur of the moment trip so we got last minute deals. The pictures I put up aren't very good, but we are right in front of the hotel.

Directions: Ocean Drive

More about Beach Paradise Hotel

only for the patient minded...

by TripAdvisor Member wicked_sol

If you're planning to have a long vacation in Miami, because it will take you over an hour just to check in. They don't even check you into the right room. First booked two queens, after the hour check in, ended up with a single and they can't even correct it or give you a discount because they don't have any more doubles available. You have no control over the temperature in the room because it was freezing cold, not enough towels. You gotta love that elevator... not worth $180/night for each room

Pretty Good Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Radiohed45

I really do not understand some of these reviews that I read about this hotel. I mean, it's a 2 star hotel so you have to realize that going in. If you are used to 4 or 5 star accomodations, then just pay
the money. That being said, this is a great place to stay.

All the things I read about cracked walls, exposed wires, broken shades and looking like a "crime scene" were, to be blunt, untrue. We
had a king-sized bed on the 2nd floor (room 205) with a partial ocean
view. There were fresh towels, soap, shampoo and a small iron and ironing board. The room also had a small table and two chairs which is nice to buy lunch out and eat it in the room. It was pretty clean overall for an older hotel and we saw the employees cleaning it everyday.

The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful. Thye looked up several
phone numbers for us of local businesses as well as fixed our toilet when it was not working (our doing, not theirs). They also opened our wine bottles for us in the restaurant/club that is attached to the hotel when we did not have a bottle opener. I don't think you can
ask for much more and I have certainly had worse service for more expensive hotels.

The location of the hotel is great. Right on Ocean Dr. across the street from Lummus Park and the ocean. There are bars and clubs up and down Ocean as well as Collins and Washington which run parallel to Ocean. I also recommend the markets located on 6th street for day-to-day needs as well as alcohol and small food items.

Some recommendations on clubs/bars would be: Finnegan's Way, Bed, Mansion, Red, Club Deep, Mango's, Wet Willie's and The Clevelander when it reopens fully in December 2008.

Restaurants: Sea Cafe, Rumba Palace, Gino's Pizza and Brew, Cafe Milano and Sushi Saigon

There were some negatives and I would not pretend like they do not exist: The hotel is quite cold most of the time but it can be nice when it's over 90 degrees outside. Our toilet was running constantly and it was annoying. Our faucet only had hot water which made a casual drink impossible. But, as for the noise that some people complained about, I have to say that it is ridiculous to expect peace
and quiet on OCEAN DR! I mean, I would assume if you came to Ocean Dr., you did so to party and be out late. The noise is not unbearbale
but you rarely forget where you are if you know what I am saying.

Overall it is a great place and I recommend it for young singles or couples vacationing in South Beach

Blood on the walls

by TripAdvisor Member Trips07Ca

There were what appeared to be blood stains all over the wall in our room ranging from spatter, spots where it had dripped down the wll, to direct impact marks plus some sort of mucous or tissue. The staff tried to pass it off as varnish. Call me crazy but who puts orange/brown varnish all over a flat paint wall. There were people up all night including the sounds and appearance of questionable activity. The sheets were dirty and mold colonies growing in the bathtub. Stay here at your own risk!

Exceeded my expectations

by TripAdvisor Member floatinhome

After reading some of the reviews here I was hesitant to stay at this hotel. What I found was a clean room in a great location. We stayed here because we wanted to experience South Beach and that's what we got. It is an old building as I expected going in. I thought it was well worth the money and that I got a feel for the area. If that's what you want, this is a good place. If you want to stay somewhere that feels like home in the suburbs, then this isn't for you. But then neither is South Beach probably.

Dumpy Hotel in a Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member babyglitz

The room was $228 for 2 double beds. -Very dissatisfied for the price and room quality-

I stayed in South Beach one night with a 4 of my girl friends to celebrate a Birthday Party. We weren't looking for anything fancy in a hotel room just a place to sleep, however we also weren't looking for a DUMP! I was trying to find a decent hotel close to the heart of South Beach so we wouldn't have to take a cab everywhere. I was also trying to book a room with 2 beds. I never realized what a challenge this would be in the city famous for Rip Offs!

At check in they ask for everyone's photo ID and credit card so they can make a copy of it. We asked for the copy back at check out. Miami is famous for ripping people off; if you stay here I recommend you do the same.

The room had ample space; it had 2 double beds and a tiny bathroom. The bathroom had not ONE towel, not even a wash cloth. I went to tell the manager and he personally brought us only 3 over an hour later! We had to beg for a fourth. I believe he was the only person on staff which wasn't too reassuring. Outside in the lobby there was a HUGE leak and water was pouring from the ceiling. Water covered the entire lobby floor, it was disgusting.

Our room was directly under the hotel's kitchen. That was a nightmare. It was loud and noisy until the kitchen closed after 2am and started as early as 7am the next day. Ladies -Bring a blow dryer because they did not provide one. The only thing the room did supply was a moldy ice bucket and small toiletries. The room itself was directly next to the hotels staff parking lot, which made for a nice wake up call starting at around 6am. After a long night of partying the last thing you want is to be woken up to ANYTHING! Let alone constant car alarms, loud obnoxious people talking outside your window or a kitchen staff right above you. The room was not designed for a quiet location so beware if you are a light sleeper.

The room was filthy. Walking barefoot on the tile floors lead to black bottom feet in minutes flat... no exaggeration. The sheets were white which wasn't smart on their part because every little stain showed up, and there were plenty!

I realize staying in South Beach everything will be pricey and noisy. This place was very dirty, very noisy and the staff wasn't exactly pleasant. It was almost as if they didn't want our money! I will not stay here again, nor would I recommend this hotel to ANYONE.

Perfect for our needs

by TripAdvisor Member syverceda

We had friends in from out of country...we were looking for a good location with access to beach and South Beach night life...we found it here. The accomodations were great for our needs. We host a lot of out-of-state and out-of-country visitors and would be happy reserving a room here in the future.

Perfect Location!

by TripAdvisor Member tbilisi_gldani

The staff was very friendly, and overall experience was nice. The hotel rooms were clean and the service was prompt. However, the presence of a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker would have been appreciated. The convenient location and easy access to the beach were also visible pluses.

Fabulous Location! The Real South Beach Experience

by TripAdvisor Member KellSobe

My friends and I just graduated college and wanted to party! This hotel is in the center of all the action. Parking is great and secure. I was a little wery about the hotel as we walked in .... a deli and having them ask me for a copy of my ID but it was great! The parking was 20.00 which is fair bc there is absolutely no parking on the street. I checked out at 12:00 but they allowed me to keep my car there until 3:00 so I could spend the day at the beach. Very cool. The hotel is walking distance to EVERYTHING!!!! I stayed in the 2 queen city view .... wow the room was white and huge and nothing like the lobby which is dark and dull! i guess they are renavating. You can easily fit 6 people plus an air mattress for other people to stay. I will definintely be back to experience South Beach for a 2nd time! Its not a five star but great for a weekend gettaway with fun people!

Location, Location, Location

by TripAdvisor Member shanaisom

Thia hotel was perfectly located in the center of SOUTH BEACH. If you are looking for a comfortable place to lay your head while spending your days on the beach and nights in the club then this is the place to be. It was four of us and we had plenty of space. An extra large bathroom and sitting area were also available. We stayed in room 329.

I've stayed in similar boutique hotels like Chesterfield but the rooms are smaller than these rooms and way more expensive. Also the staff were very good about bringing us anything we asked for up to our rooms. Friendly staff also let us hold our luggage there for hours before and after checking in/out. Overall it was a good experience, would stay again! Minutes from the beach, LITERALLY!

Comments