Best Miami Hotel

5959 SW 71st St, (formerly "Best Western"), South Miami, Florida, 33143-3599, United States

Booking.com Priceline.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 51% less but rated 61% lower than other 3 star hotels

• Terrible experience and rude Management

I came across this hotel through the Miami Children's Hosp website. It was listed as the Best Western (which is the hospital's fault and I'm working on having them update it). I called and booked my reservation on Monday 12/13/10 for a stay that night with my son because he had an early morning appmt. at Miami Children's.
    When I arrived at the address around 8:30 that night I was confused b/c it was not the Best Western. I called the phone number, which rang forever before anyone answered, and I asked the woman if they were the Best Western. She said no and I asked her to look up if I had a reservation there. She could not find anything under my or my son's name. We hung up and I googled the hotel again to find out what was going on. I pulled up the same info, so we went inside to ask what was going on. After quite some wait for the people in front of us, b/c there's only one front desk person, I showed the woman my phone w/the website info and she said "Oh, we used to be the Best Western years ago". I was like, well why didn't you say that when I called? She really had no answer. Anyways, I told her then I should have a reservation there I don't know why she couldn't find it when I called. Then she pull up my son's last name and for who knows what reason, it was placed under his Dad's name that had nothing to do w/the stay, we don't even live together anymore. I asked the lady if it was put under a diff name, why wouldn't someone call & let me know? How would I have ever known that? Again, no real answer. While I was waiting in line previously, I heard her answer a call from a guest and state "We don't have heat. Turn the thermostat to Low and the dial up to 90 and it will get warmer". I thought to myself uh oh, but how cold can it really be in the room and I dismissed it. By the way, it was 45 degrees out that night. My son and I went straight to dinner from there and arrived at our room at about 10 pm. When we walked in I thought I was gonna die, it was SO COLD! Not only was it cold out but the a/c was blasting on high and set to 60 degrees! I'm from up north originally and can handle cold but it was absolutely freezing to where I almost told my son we were going to sleep in the car, but I was tired and figured I'd just try to sleep thru it. My son had to sleep fully clothed, sweatshirt and all. It also stunk like mildew.
    The next day I called for a Mgr but she was already gone, so I called yesterday, 12/15. I got the shadyest run around and finally got to speak to a Mgr. She was rude, interuppted when I was speaking, and she said to me "Well why did you stay if you were unhappy"? I said "Where was I supposed to go w/my son at 10 @ night when he had an appmt @ 7am in the morning"?! I was appauled at her comment. And she said she could not offer me a refund or any reimbursement for that matter b/c we had stayed and used the room. Luckily the day before I had done my "homework" and found out that it's a requirement that hotels provide heat. It's Florida statute Chapter 509-221 paragraph 3. I tried telling her they're required to provide heat and she said "No we're not. If it was a requirement we'd be shut down & plenty of hotels in Miami don't have heat". I said yes, it is it's a statute and she said, "Well that's old". I said "No, it's not it from the 2010 Florida Statutes that I have right in front of me". I started reading it to her and she kept talking over me. So she said she wasn't doing anything for me and I said ok, so you want me to start filing complaints then correct? She said, do what you have to do. Have a nice day, goodbye.
    So....I filed a complaint w/the FL Division of Hotels & Restaraunts and the BBB (where they have an F rating), and I got the Corp # and spoke to the Corp Mgr. She was much more professional and said that she'd speak to the staff at the hotel and call me back today. The corporate # is 305-571-5050 & her name is Alicia if anyone else would like to make their complaint.
    Good luck everyone and there's strength in numbers so if you have a complaint, file it! Don't let people be rude and inconsiderate to their guests/customers especially when you don't deserve it.

Unique Quality: There was nothing outstanding about this hotel.

Directions: South Miami

• More like Miami's Worst Hotel

As I said, the ceiling was dripping, everything was wet, and the room was moldy. They gave us another room. It wasn't as bad as the first, but still smelled of mold. There's no wi-fi in the rooms, only in the lobby. The wait times for the shuttle are really long. Expect to spend a couple hours waiting for it. They were supposed to pick up my 63 year old mother from the airport, but never did. She was forced to find alternative transportation. If you don't speak Spanish, good luck interacting with half the staff. The security doesn't even speak English. Also, expect to pay for parking each night. While the pool area is nice, the waterfall you might see in some pictures doesn't work. If you get a room facing into the pool area, you can expect a lot of noise. That's where our first room was, and it was nearly impossible for my daughter to sleep.

The term "Best" is only there because the building used to be owned by Best Western. Now, it's just simply false advertising. This place needs to stay hidden.

Unique Quality: pool

Directions: downtown

More about Best Miami Hotel

Miami Southbeach

by venteeocho

Miami City's cultural diversity is another incentive. You can visit the Little Havana, Miami's most concentrated Cuban community and Little Haiti, where Caribbean culture melds with American spirit. Miami's flavour is heavily influenced by the confluence of cultures that meet in this diverse urban area. Ethnic food, artwork and crafts abound in the area, as well as many colourful festivals and events.

The very idea of Miami conjures up images of blue water lapping up onto golden sand. In addition to the relaxation retreat offered by the area’s beaches, Miami also has a happening nightlife that is second to none.

The high season here is October through January, and during spring break. The best Miami Hotel bargains can be found during the stiflingly hot summer months. But remember, this is also the time the Hurricanes can hit.

Miami is located in Southeast Florida, on the Miami River, between the Florida Everglades and the Atlantic Ocean. Since its incorporation in 1896, the City has grown tremendously. Gone are the days when Miami was considered a winter resort with a primarily retirement crowd. Today, America’s favorite tropical city is the third most popular vacation destination in the United States falling only behind LA and NY.Year round you have sun, sand and salsa. You can choose to spend your time at the Miami Beaches or taste the nightlife or visit the museums and other attraction or even shop. It has all. The tropical climate and landscape of Miami are only part of what makes it a major visitor destination.

Comments