2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Orbitz.com Travelocity Hotels.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 120% more than similarly rated 2.5 star hotels

More about Casablanca on the Ocean Hotel

Better than most Miami beach hotels

I have been to Miami beach several times and on a recent stay, found myself at casablanca. Having been to Miami Beach in the past I wasnt expecting much. In past experiences I have always found hotels to be small, old, and musty. The room I had at this hotel was a little above my expectations however. The room was surprisingly clean and had a very nice view of the beach. As far as hotel staff being friendly, well, they are no friendlier than any other hotel I have ever stayed in that area. The rooms were surprisingly roomy and the kitchenette was quite convenient. The television actually did have cable (unlike some south beach hotels that only have 5 stations). My only complaint is the fact that there doesnt seem to be central heating, and a cold front came through the area and the beds could use some updating. My overall experience was pleasant though. I dont go to Miami to stay in my room all day, so it was nice. I would return to this hotel.

Don't Waste Your Time and Money

My husband and I went there the first week of December 2003. Our first night there, the valet parking attendants let someone else take our rental car. We had to report the car as stolen and were up until 2 a.m.
with the Miami Police Department filing a report. The police said that the valet company were not only financially liable but criminally liable as well. Fortunately, the next night at 10:00 p.m., our car returned. What a hassle! The room was only cleaned once while we were there. No washcloths or fresh sheets. The kitchenette's pots and pans were burned, so we could not use them to cook with on the stove. It was extremely cold for Miami, and the hotel had no heat. We had to go out and buy winter clothing to keep warm. We were miserable from day one to day seven.

Quite enjoyed it

I stayed here in 2002 for 1 week and quite enjoyed the place. We stayed in an ocean view room and it had a full kitchen in it and it was a great room rate. The facilities were nice with a pool and a bar beside the pool and we found the bar staff quite nice. The front desk staff were not quite as nice and I'd stay away from the Concierge as theire prices are nuts and we were ripped of on some tours. Other than that, great hotel.

Could have been better

I stayed in the Casablanca for 4 nights and my experience there was ok. I can honestly say I expected much more. The rooms were not that nice. They were a bit smelly. When we checked in some people were complaining about ants in the room. Another thing I can say is that if you want to party don't stay here. Even though they say South beach is close by if you don't have a car it can get pretty expensive taking cabs. They do have a nice service, which is a limo takes you to a very nice restaurant. That was the best thing of the hotel. The pool was ok. Another thing is that the workers in the restaurant/bar were not that friendly.

Better than expected

My family stayed at the Casablanca over this past New Years weekend. I chose this place because we made our reservations late and didn't have many choices. The rates were reasonable and the hotel was on the beach.
After making our reservation I started reading the online reviews and was expecting something just above a homeless shelter. I must say that the experience was much bettert than we expected. I had read about the valet nightmares - they never happened to us. The room was overlooking the ocean - for a city view price. The room was clean, the beds were comfortable and the TV had 70 channels including HBO & Showtime. On New Year's Eve we ate at the hotel. Since the restautant was closed for a private party, we were told we could eat in the bar or on the patio. We chose the patio and the food was excellent. The bar tender served us and was quite friendly - asking us repeatdly how everything was. He even threw in a free dessert. The pool was clean and heated. The frequently mentioned cats were not a problem. The cabanas are being renovated so they were not available. The only negative was that on our third day there, the room was cleaned very late and we were not given enough towels. That was easily rectified by me going down to housekeeping to get the needed towels. The staff were helpful when needed. I'm not sure i would stay here again, but it was certainly better than the horror stories I had read about.

Do not waste your time and money here period!

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY HERE PERIOD!!!! This place was a complete diasaster. Checked in and out within 1 hour. Arrived at the hotel and had no idea what to do with the car. Went to the check in and NO ONE was helpful. The girl at the counter was more interested in taking phone calls than checking me in. Next tried to use the elevators which did not work. I knew I was in trouble when I took the stairs and it looked like I was walking up a flight in a building that should have been Condemmed. The room was on the eighth floor and was in horrible condition. It was so small and filthy! Worst of all the closet was rediculously small and the hanger were even broke. The room was very noisy and when the elevators did work it sounded like the world was crashing down and comming to an end. You could hear people in the next room and from every other room on that floor not to mention the pepole playnig there boom box out the window. The pool side was a joke. Everythnig outside was a complete mess. The tiki bar was all boarded up and the pool was distgusting. I booked this through hotels.com and they made me pay for one nights stay at this dum and refunded my 4 day visit 1 week later after numerous phone calls and complaints. BE CAREFUL booking through them! I stayed at the holiday inn accross the street which was a castle compared to this dump. Plus it was much cheaper too. There is a public beach access 3 doors from the cassablanca that can be reached easilly from that Holiday Inn. The bar at the cassablanca was way overpriced and the free drink they offered was only from the cheap well drinks. Giving this place 1 star is being generous. DO NOT STAY HERE WHATEVER YOU DO. WHAT A S**THOLE!

I guess you get what you pay for...

Three things about the Casablanca:

1) This hotel is not even trying to compete with finer hotels on service.
2) The money you save on this hotel is likely not worth it.
3) It is kind of depressing because it is obvious that the management doesn't care about anything besides the pool at this place.

Terrible service,quality and lots of Hidden charges

I stayed in this hotel over the weekend and the service and quality was terrible. Orbitz rates this hotel as 4 star, I think it is not even close to being a 3 star. The hallways are dirty, the room service is lousy, the housekeeping staff does not even replenish the towels. There are a lot of "hidden" charges so beware. I don't think I will stay here again.

this is a great place to stay in miami beach except the valet parking manager

I have a wonderful time in casablanca the service was excellent the room was clean and the beach was wonderful everything was excellent except the woman valet parking manager Denise who was so rude and abusive about parking rules i was treated i was under her rules they should replace this woman is a bad asset to the hotel

Comments