825 Washington Ave, Miami, Florida, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com HotelTravel.com

Satisfaction Average

Rated 12% lower than similarly priced 4 star hotels

• Great Value

Came down from Dallas for a short business convention and was very pleasantly surprised. My business partner had stayed here a few weeks ago and recommended the Clinton. This is a very charming hotel; the staff was great, the room was perfect (had a hot on the balcony- nice!), and spent the afternoons on the pool deck having drinks and smoking hookah. I’ll have to be back to spend a little more time here.

Unique Quality: Great Location, Small pool but great area to have drinks well decorated,restaurant on site and concierge service.

Directions: South Beach Area

• Rip Off - I won't Stay Here Again

Have stayed here twice. The first time the restaurant/bar was "under construction" and closed. Second time they were also closed, they told me they were looking for someone to take them over. Ugh. NO food or beverage service at all, of any kind. My second stay found the shower smelling mildewy, I put some lotion on the floor to help the smell, but there was no change and I saw they did not clean the shower at all during housekeeping services.
    Second day they did not do housekeeping, no cleanup of the room at all. The pool area was kinda dirty, not attractive.
    I booked online for a great rate, with a pre-booking months ahead, however at checkout they said I had not prepaid and the rate was different. RIP OFF CITY. I was unhappy with that and told them, they did nothing about it.
    It is a room to stay in, that is all. It's kinda scuzzy. The lobby has a nice look but when you discover there is nothing there - no bar, no room service, no restaurant, no coffee, no newspaper, no vending machine, etc. you realize what you're missing. Plus Washington Ave in this area is kinda grubby overall.
    There really is nothing that would get me to stay here again. Bad news.

More about The New Clinton Hotel & Spa Miami

We enjoy the clinton hotel

We stayed at the clinton hotel in june and we had a very nice time. A clean room is not easy to find, so far the clinton hotel is not a luxury hotel but a dynamic, trendy and refreshing hotel. The rooms are small, but very confortable and the bathroom is quite nice. We enjoy the big jacuzzi, everybody think it is a small pool, no it is a big jacuzzi!!
The music was very cool and it was 2 blocks walk to the beach. A little advice,if you go to south beach you have to go have drink at the sky bar at the shore club it is the most amazing and sexiest place in Sobe! Have fun!

Fantastic Rooms

We spent three nights at the Clinton Hotel - which is perfectly positioned for access to South Beach and just a block back from Collins Av / Ocean Dr.

But the best thing about this hotel was the room - we had a double with balcony and the contemporary furnishing was great - lovely attention to detail with CD player, etc..

The bathroom was out of this world, beautifully designed and while our room didn't have a bath the huge twin-head shower more than made up for it!

Only negatives were a small pool (but a nice pool terrace with attentive at-sun lounger bar service) and also on the Saturday night it was a little loud until about midnight as our room overlooked the bar / restaurant. The Sunday and Monday nights were fine though, and you know what they say - if you can't beat them...!

If you're not keen on the pool here I would recommend using the pool at the Loews Hotel on Collins Av. at 16th St.

The Restaurant sucks but the hotel staff was great!

I must say that from the moment I checked in i felt like i was in a good hotel,it just felt right. I wasn't impressed by the standard room I booked on expedia, so I went back to the front desk and upgraded to a loft jucuzzi suite for an extra $100 bucks more. The upgrade was well worth it I got everything i saw on the web site: tub,stereo,bacony, the works. One thing that disappointed me was thier PAO restaurant. I spoke to the manager, Morena, and she said the restaurant wasn't opened because the chef was sick.( I think Morena was a totally rude person with stupid answers and she's an elderly lady.What is management thinking with her behind the wheel.) Anyways, we did have drinks by thier cool poolside,its nice and romantic. And the concierge, Fred I think was his name, sent us to Tandra and Opium Gardens. These were awesome places. Be ready to spent a pretty penny, South Beach is expensive. A beer is $6 bucks every where. But I loved my experience and will be back soon.

Would return

by TripAdvisor Member RussianRob

The hotel is almost what it is represented to be. I would stay here again based on the rooms.. They are really 4 stars. The hotel in is about 3 stars in American standards.. BUT remember the rooms is 4 stars. The staff is nice, but not able to always do what they promise.
All the papers and information in the hotel say 6 pm to 7 pm free drinks in hotel lobby bar. They are not doing that anymore and the bar and restruant is a seprate business from the hotel. So after 6 PM they take control of pool area. But you can still enjoy the outside just not allowed to take other food out there and eat it. They will get you in on guest lists for all the great clubs. The lobby bartender even gave me a hang over cure one day when I had a little to much the night before. FYI no fresh flowers, small rooms but well appointed, and the pool is like a little bathtub. But you are going for the beach and clubs anyway. If you want a pool go to Orlando. I will return to this hotel. Good price and value for 4 stars.

Was nice but pricey.

Went to South Beach and loved it! Our hotel was ok. The Clinton was in a really good location, which was the best part about it. Beach 2 small blocks away. Shops/restaurants/bars surrounding. Good hotel if luxury isn't most important. It was very small and needed some touch-ups. Seemed like a sad, wanna-be W Hotel, but much better than most Best Westerns. Has a trendy flair, but small, lacking feel. (ex. Down comforters and robes were anything but luxurious, but nice attempt) Beware, sometimes music is blaring by the pool area very early in the morning. Bathrooms were pretty nice, but needed a few touch-ups. The hotel in general needed touching up but not terrible to look at. Water temperature in shower doesn't get super hot, a minor disappointment and the pressure was not too high. Our room and door were poorly painted. If you're looking for a small but clean, decent looking place, great location, and not interested in a pool area (no real pool) but would rather lay out at the beach, this is good hotel to choose. I wouldn't spend more than $120/night here, at most. The valet is $16 (w/out tip) per day. The concierge was very nice. Raul and a younger gentleman (sorry forgot the name) in concierge were all very helpful and friendly. Lorenzo was kind at front desk too. Overall, stay here if you find very good rates and don't plan on spending much time in your hotel/pool.

The perfect South Beach Boutique Hotel

We stayed at the Clinton this spring, and loved our experience.
The decor is a crisp, cool Deco/Modern blend. I absolutely loved the cocktail table centerpieces in the lobby bar - colorful gerber daisies floating in martini glasses. The rooms were airy, with fresh white linens.
The outside patio/pool area is small and basic during the day, but quite a romatic place to sip a drink in the evening. The staff was friendly and very attentive. Fresh fruit and croissants for breakfast were a nice treat. The location was great - right near the beach, News Cafe, great shopping... central enough to walk down to Joe's or up to Shore Club. I'd certainly stay again - The Clinton has "South Beach Chic" for a great price, so you can still afford splurge on the expensive drinks and cover charges at Miami's hot spots.

Hernán de Soto close to the TorchHernán de Soto close to the Torch

A slightly obscured view of the playersA slightly obscured view of the players

The boat we I was on.The boat we I was on.

Liz @ Scully'sLiz @ Scully's

South Beach Hotel Advice

by fergon

Hi!
I´m travelling to Miami on April and I´m looking for a nice but not so expensive hotel in South Beach…. Any recommendations??

Cheers

by mccalpin

During conventions (in the spring, as I recall), friends of mine have found it cheaper to rent an apartment for a week (or less?) than stay in the hotels. And I found many of the hotels quite overpriced, considering the lack of amenities and somewhat tattered states of repair.

I think they literally just did a search in the web for short term apartments in South Beach, and were much happier with the results...

Bill

by von.otter

Some hotels along Washington Ave. and Collins Ave. (both of which are near the beach, too) are nice and reasonably priced. Try some of these.

Beachcomber Hotel; Address: 1340 Collins Avenue; Phone: 305-531-3755

Hotel Chelsea; Address: 944 Washington Avenue; Phone: 305-534-4069

Chesterfield Hotel; Address: 855 Collins Ave.; Phone: 305-531-5831

The Kent; Address: 1131 Collins Ave.; Phone: 305-604-5068

Greenview Hotel; Address: 1671 Washington Ave.; Phone: 305-531-6588

Whitelaw Hotel; Address: 808 Collins Ave.; Phone: 305-398-7000

by virtual786

The Clay Hotel is an excellent budget hotel in a great location.

by tvifaststart

Hey Fergon! Not really a clear question. It would nice to know your budget range, and what you would be more comfortable with as far as a 2, 3, 4, or 5 star accommodations. South Beach has many hotels, and the cheaper they are the smaller they are too! ;o) As far as I know, you could be six foot eight and I'll end up recommending a sardine can and low-grade hospitality service. Let me know some specifics and I'll be glad to look into some great deals for you?

All the best!

by fergon

TIVI,thank for your repply.

I dont want to spend more than 100 box.... ... have your head something for the New Clinton Hotel that is this range?

by tvifaststart

Okay! Basically, you just need a place for the three S's, ship, shower, and shave! And yes, I meant to spell ship because adding a "t" wouldn't have been appropriate. I will look into the $100 buck range. I may be able to pull a few strings! Would you have a probably staying at the George Bush, or Barack Obama if available? Just pulling your leg! ;o) I'll let you know something by the end of the week.

Comments