Continental Bayside Hotel

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data
  • Andy4516's Profile Photo

What a dump!

This hotel is absolutely horrible. The worst I have ever seen. Before we even got there, we saw that the parking ramp was blocked off and full. So we drove around for a good 15 minutes until we found a parking lot two blocks away.($10, the hotel makes you pay $15 for their parking.) It was extra hard to find a spot because the Heat were playing down the street. The lobby is clean. One problem was they didn't have a soda machine or anything. We had to walk a few blocks to a store to get some drinks, passing some homeless people sleeping on the way. Bring stuff to drink if you decide to stay here for some reason. We did at least have a small refrigerator/freezer in our room. From there you get onto the elevator. One of them usually feels like it's going to get stuck inbetween floors. Your room key is some kind of punch key. Isn't this supposed to be nice, since it is downtown Miami? Then you get into the room and the walls look like their falling apart. Paper is coming off of them and they look dirty and disgusting. We had two beds in the room, even though we just requested one queen bed. On one of the beds, the springs were broken. Both of the beds were hard and I'm shocked I didn't wake up with a headache any of the 3 mornings. You only get about 5 channels on the TV, one of them being some kind of mexican channel. Also there was a dripping noise coming from the vent in the ceiling. I don't know if the air conditioning was messed up or what, but it was pretty annoying. Most of the hotels I stay at in other cities are around this price or even a bit cheaper, and they are usually spectacular compared to this. I would have rather spent an extra $50 a night to stay anywhere else.

Unique Quality: We were on the 14th floor, and we ended up with a nice bay view. However, the windows were pretty filthy. Clearly they hadn't been cleaned for quite a while. The shower actually worked!

I would say the best thing about this hotel is the location. It is the only reason we decided to stay here. You walk across Biscayne and Bayside Marketplace is right there. The American Airlines Arena is right down the street.

More about Continental Bayside Hotel

I'd rather sleep on a park bench

Sleeping on the street would have been cleaner than staying at Riande Continental Bayside. The lobby smelled musty. Mattresses were sinking in the middle. The carpet and bedding was filthy beyond imagination. Bathroom was miniscule and the bathtub clogged constantly making for a wading pool of a shower. The view might have been nice if the windows weren't covered in an inch of filth. Worst hotel stay of my life.

Spend the extra money and stay somewhere else if you want a decent hotel experience.

this is hell at it's worse

sadly, this hotel is set up for unwitting/unknowing victims, who at first site, think the hotel is disease free.
In as much as the rooms are pobably not disease bearing cublics, I did have my concerns, which is why I slept with my coat and clothes on. Nothing to buy in the evening, no drinks, no bar open...just dead. They did serve breakfast, but I decided it best not to taste their food. Overall, for people making reservatins in advance with no forknowledge of this hotel, it is best to stay away.

Disgusting Dump

by TripAdvisor Member cathy1370

This has got to be the worst place I have ever stayed!!! From the minute we walked in it was a given, the lobby was in chaos, check in took forever and forget about taking the elevator to your floor, one elevator is out of service, (which probably has been for years)and the other one was always so over crowded with people you couldn't possibly squeeze another one in!!! the only other choice was to take the stairs ( 10 th Fl. ) this was quite amusing to attempt on the way down with 4 large suitcases and a duffle bag, at least you got a break at each landing !!! I really think this place is a fire trap,if there was ever a handicapped person on the upper floors there is no way to get them down to the lobby except the stairway, suprised this building passes inspection.Be sure to bring your own bottled water or snacks because you won't find any vending machines or a working ice machine on the premises and once you see the rooms and the bathroom you would be very brave to take a sip of water! The only good thing was the view of the cruise ships in port, and Bayside Market place across the street.
wold not recommend to my worst enemy!!!!

Had to laugh

After a long day of travel the hotel topped off our day. It was so bad I had to laugh or I would cry. 300,000 people outside for rap concert, hotel did not inform us even though we had made reservations before hand...elevator was broken, we were on 5th floor. PILE of hair was in the bath tub. No simple amenities that the cheapest hotel would have. (No wake up calls, clock,ice, vending machines..nothing)Restaurant pretty much always closed..Rude desk people. You name it. No swimming nearby as stated in advertisement, nothing as stated in advertisement.
This hotel should be fifty dollars, not one hundred and fifty, it is a crime to charge this.

Not the Worst But Close To It!!!!!

This hotel along with their staff was horrible!!!! A large percentage of the staff couldn't speak English, and they get angry with you if you don't understand them. Parking downtown was a pain, and expensive. The rooms were small, ugly, and not very clean looking. To make it worse th bathrooms were even smaller. I checked out a day early just to get away. I wouldn't advise anyone to pay money to stay here.

Not bad at all...

My husband and I stayed at the Riande Continental over the week-end while we were attanding an all day event at Bayfront Park. We had booked the room through an online travel site and had no problems at check-in. We must have been lucky because the elevator worked the entire week-end. The lobby was clean and presentable. The room was small but that is typical of Miami hotels unless you stay at a name brand hotel. The room was old but clean and when we realized we had no washcloths in the bathroom, the desk sent some up. This hotel is not on South Beach or Miami Beach. If you are trying to go to the beach this is not your best bet. But, if you need to be near downtown Miami, The Riande was adequate. I was greatly relieved after reading some of the other reviews. I guess it depends on your expectations. We did not eat in the dining area at all but it looked fine. True the staff was mostly Hispanic but it's MIAMI. Also, the area is not the most desirable but that's true of any downtown area in a city. All in all, it WAS a decent stay. Not bad at all.

High-rise motel

First, this area is great, so I really do not understand what everyone is complaining about. It is downtown, and I checked in at midnight on a Friday, and it was still safe and pleasant. Also, parking in the municipal lot in front of the hotel was $5, which is not what I would call expensive. The lobby was old, but charming, and the staff was courteous. Yes, they speak Spanish to each other. If this is a problem for you, I hear that Boise is lovely. The elevator is old, and small, and slow. In truth I nearly had a panic attack on the rickety, stop-at-random-intervals thing. But it got me to the top (17th) floor, and back down in the morning. Any landing you can walk away from is fine by me. The rooms are motel-small, the carpet would be more at home in an 1970’s elementary school, and I have been in boats with bigger bathrooms, but I woke up to a really amazing northward view of two cruise ships, yachts, palm trees, and everything else that makes Miami great. You’re not going to impress your wife or girlfriend, but for business, for less than $100 (including tax and parking) it is not a bad deal.

Dont Bother

Well, I had read some of the really bad reports about this hotel and was slightly wary of booking here but we only needed a room for one night which was close to the American Airlines Arena so it was ideal in terms of location. That was about it. The staff (well those that could speak English) were not particularly friendly or helpful, the room didn't appear particularly clean and most areas of the hotel had a peculiar odour. Im not sure what my expectations were for the continental breakfast but a basket of stale bread and a few buns certainly wasnt it. For $95 a night, I would expect much more from a hotel than this. If you really need somewhere in Bayside and can turn a blind eye to things than go for it but I am sure there are much better deals elsewhere!

enjoyed the stay

We stayed one night only. The hotel was not as bad as the reviews. I enjoyed my stay and the room was fine. The breakfast was not bad. I will stay there again. The shops in the back streets are cheap and you can get a lot of shopping done before you have to go again. The lifts were working and we had warm water for showers. So for all of you good luck try the hotel and see for yourself. Maby i was just lucky. We could see the ships from our room. Will stay there again next time.

Comments