4767 NW 36th St, Miami Springs, Florida, 33166, United States

Travelocity Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Terrible

• Convenient location - Poorly kept rooms

This hotel is in a pretty good location to everywhere in North Miami. There is even a public transit bus that stops in front of the hotel. However, there are many down sides to this facility. First, the entire building is smokey. There is cigarette smoke everywhere. When you walk out of your "non-smoking room" all you smell is smoke. The cleaning staff evidently have no allegiance to the property because, they barely clean the room and seem not to care about the guests. The room floors are dirty and not vacuumed. They pass you in the hallway and always appear to be upset that they came to work. Not one time over the three days that we were there that any one of the staff made eye contact.

Unique Quality: Although convenient, it would be the last resort for me next time.

Directions: Near airport, on city bus route and not far from Amtrak.

• GREAT VALUE!!

Paid for a room for 2 and was allowed to have 5 stay in the room. Too bad my wife and I were the only human beings in here. Upon arrival we checked the room out thoroughly for cleanliness as we always do when travelling, and went to grab something to eat after a very long day. We were in town for a cruise and obviously, with the price of the room, weren't expecting 5 star accommodations, just a comfortable place to sleep for the night. I don't care about air traffic noise or street noise, just cleanliness. Not alot to ask for, right?? WRONG! As previously mentioned when we returned from dinner I went to use the washroom and was horrified at what I saw on the sink and the wall above the mirror. 3 HUGE COCKROACHES!! I stood there in disbelief because I've never actually run into this problem before. I was completely and thoroughly disgusted. By the time I could get my shoe to smash them the last of the three was making it's way into the crack behind the mirror. I closed the bathroom door and stuffed towels into every crack in that door to hopefully keep them in the bathroom if they decided to crawl out somewhere else. Needless to say we did not sleep worth a #@$! all night. What great start to a vacation, huh? Because of the length of the day and the fact that it was after 1:30am we couldn't really go hunting for another hotel. This disgusting incident was reported to the front desk staff the next day but seemed like they couldn't care less.
    I'm all about giving so I'm glad I gave them back the little present that was left for me.
    Please whatever you do, DO NOT STAY HERE. Spend a little extra and find another hotel, trust me you'll be glad you did. It's going to take a long time to get those images out of my head.

Comments