4.5 out of 5 stars4.5 Stars

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about EPIC Hotel - a Kimpton Hotel

Unbelievble Stay

by TripAdvisor Member bkwr83

I wanted to do something special for my wife on valentine's day so I thought a "staycation" in Miami would be in order. I booked my reservation through Hotwire, good rate, but problematic customer service, but more on that later. I ended up getting a two night stay at the EPIC Hotel.

The location is great for someone looking to be in a sanctuary away from the hussle of south beach, and some of the more touristy spots, yet close enough to get there relatively quick. We ended up getting to the hotel early and were accommodated to a room without any problems. The hotel staff was incredible, from the doormen, to their concierge service. Their concierge's reminded me of what it was like at the Venetian in Vegas. I was given restaurant reservations and recommendations, information on destinations to visit, dry-cleaning service, anything that I needed done without hesitation.

My favorite part about their hotel is the pool on the 16th floor. Every night of our stay we went down and just floated around looking at the Miami skyline, and relaxed. It was a great vacation, and mostly due to the amenities and service that the EPIC Hotel provided.

I will stay here every time I come to Miami, without any hesitation.

However with that said: Be prepared to spend $$. You cannot park your car and must Valet, so if you are driving the bill can add up quite significantly, especially since you are charged for every time they take your car. Our bill was significantly high just for parking, and it was almost upsetting. I would hope they come up with a better solution for guests who are parking, or at least a fixed daily rate for guests.

Hate to let out this secret, but they deserve it.

by TripAdvisor Member CAHappy

Arranged for rooms for 7 people while at the Miami Boat Show, and I couldn't have received more compliments. This is a beatiful boutique style hotel with the amenities of a larger facility. Great location that is a 1/2 mile from Bayside, near the financial district with a lot of great business restaurants, and with available and very pleasant jogging nearby -- it is a little far from South Beach, but otherwise in a great part of town.

The Epic is a signature Kimpton hotel -- so expect modern casual elegance.

Great views from good sized rooms (had a King water-facing room) and the service was top-notch. Very comfortable beds and linens -- just a great hotel and a great location.

What a beautiful experience

by TripAdvisor Member mcneeljFlorida

This is a beautiful new hotel!!!! The decor is breathtaking, the staff is the friendliest I have ever experienced and the view of the water and boats going in and out of the bay was so relaxing.

I loved the clean room, cozy bed, great bathtub...

The local seafood at the restaurant was wonderful to taste...I get so tired of going to a Florida restaurant that doesn't serve Florida seafood.

I can't say enough about what a great hotel this is...Kimpton this is one of your best!!!!

Amazing Epic!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member nanezinha

We had a great expirience at Epic , we were very satisfied with everything, it was the best hotel ever , the staff was incredible nice , the room very clean and with very modern design , amazing view, and the area 31 had great food and the drinks delicious i recomend the cucumber martini , excelent location close to the greatest shops of Brickell ave. , amazing view from our room and from the pool area as well , Can't wait to go back to Miami to stay there again and again...

A Piece Of Heaven!

by TripAdvisor Member missbloomberg

From the second I walked into this hotel i was amazed!! Whether it was from the design, the staff, the size.... everything about this hotel was perfect!!! It is more than worth the money, i would highly and i repeat HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Miami! The location is ideal.....!!! Your not directly in the middle of everything were you can be bothered, however your not to far away from anything to stop you from having a good time! Staying at the Epic made my vacation perfect, it is a hotel that makes you worry about NOTHING except relaxing!!

Gorgeous property

by TripAdvisor Member Gaspari

Without doubt a fabulous looking, beautifully designed property in a central location with great views. Staff were universally charming, although some issues with service / understanding in the restaurant and with room service, where training / management didn't seem up to the high standards apparent elsewhere in the hotel. The waterfront views are worth the extra, and the comfort / decor of a high standard.

We really enjoyed our stay, but it would have been better if the lobby bar had opened to give an alternative evening focus away from the small cocktail area in the restaurant.
Pool area lovely too. Sure this hotel will acheive a 5 star rating once these teething problems are sorted, but for now I give it 4 stars.

Beautiful, Luxurious Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Halo_Traveller

This hotel is in a great location. We stayed here for two nights before our cruise and it is about 5 minutes away from the Port of Miami which makes its location ideal if you are about to go on a cruise. The hotel is immaculately clean and the details in the room were impressive and very modern. The beds are soft and super comfy. The computer in the room is super convenient and the internet was free of charge. Perhaps the best thing of all is the security. You have to swipe your room card in the elevator before it will let you onto your floor. Perhaps this is due in part to the fact that this is a hotel/residential property.

I'm quite surprised that this hotel is not five star. The service and attention to detail was excellent. I even got an email from the front desk manager prior to my arrival to see if there were any special requests I had for my stay. Concierge was very helpful as well. It was great when leaving the hotel too because there was a staff member handing out bottles of water.

Be aware that there is only one option for parking...valet. It is $32 with unlimited in/out privileges. There is also construction beside the hotel. They are building a jw marriot across the street. We had a city view and a view of the construction but it wasn't very noisy at all. The view of the Bank of America at night was quite pretty.

Oh and a bonus is that the pool is open 24 hrs.

Chic, lovely urban hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member dkeppler

Had a wonderful time with spectacular service!! Rooms were perfectly equipped (free in-room internet), loved the extra electical outlets by the desk for everyone's "stuff" that we have these days. Very comfy bed, big balcony overlooking the water. Liked the built-in magnifying mirrors in the bathroom. Lobby is very impressive, and the restaurant and pool areas were lovely. But what set the hotel apart was the service - top notch!! Two examples (and there were more...) 1 - the pool attendant went out and got 4 bottles of Diet Coke for me when I inidicated that I don't like Pepsi (they are a "Pepsi" hotel so he went to CVS) and 2 - my daughter forget her cell phone in the cab that took us to the airport for an internatl flt, the security department tracked down the cab driver for us and by the time we landed in Costa Rica they have the phone back in their possession and overnighted it back to my daughter's home. Now that's what I call service!! Would stay again in a heartbeat!

Even if a chic hotel is not your thing...you will LOVE it

by TripAdvisor Member KO75

I am typically not a fan of chic hotels. Chic hotels tend to feel cold, isolated and the staff are usually the same. EPIC was just the opposite. We had two rooms. One was a Bay view room and the other was a pool view for my mother and my kids. The attention to details in this place was second to none. In the closet, there was an umbrella in case of rain… they have full computers with internet access in each room. The beds were ultra comfortable and they had my favorite blankets by Andrew Morgan!!

The staff was gracious and very helpful. When we left the valet brought my family in my car and my husband in his water for the trip back home. This place was very warm and friendly. I would never hesitate to stay here. The next time we’re in Miami, we’ll be coming to the EPIC.

Their room service was great (my 9 year old insists on room service because she feels like royalty) and my husband and I had breakfast the restaurant. The kitchen is open and the chef came by to check on our breakfast.

Also, the Bayside area and American Airlines arena is a mere 3- 4 blocks away.

The Torch of Freedom from afarThe Torch of Freedom from afar

Old Cubans playing dominoesOld Cubans playing dominoes

finnegan's twofinnegan's two

Scully's NachosScully's Nachos

Coconut Grove, Coral Gables or Downtown?

by BrunoB

Dear friends,

I'll go to Miami in October and I'm searching for a hotel to stay with my wife.

We don't want to spend our day on the beach. We want to do some shopping and to stay near nice restaurants and chill out in a good hotel pool.

I found the deals in Miami Downtown (near Brickel Avenue), like Epic Hotel and JW Marriott. It is good because they are located in a short cab ride from Coconut Grove, for example.

What do you think is it better? Coconut Grove, Coral Gables or Downtown?

Many thanks in advance and best regards.

Bruno

Re: Coconut Grove, Coral Gables or Downtown?

by xymmot

Coconut Grove area is a good laid back area. I fancy it myself for that reason. Not as many tourist, quite surrounding, no big night club action. The major hotel chains are in the area and good stays. If I were to stay in Miami beach area though, try the Loews Miami Beach. I let them do the work and I relax and enjoy being pamper with.

Comments