Embassy Suites Hotel Miami International Airport

Expedia.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

Convenient and Well-run

My travel-agent recommended this hotel to me as being convenient for both the airport and the cruise ship port. I'd say it was more convenient to the airport, a little too close as I heard a lot of the planes coming in or going out. That being said, it was a lovely place to stay for just the one night.
    The included breakfast was great - a real choice of cooked foods, and variety in breads, fruits, cereals. I was impressed.
    The staff were friendly and polite, the room was clean, the towels plentiful. It was much larger room - well suite, than I needed, so for a couple or even 3 or 4 it would be great.

Unique Quality: Loved the indoor courtyard, the buffet breakfast, and the suite as opposed to just a room. It was a nice start to my break away from the cold and snowy winter I left. Nice to have 2 sets of elevators - one at either end of the courtyard.
    I got a package that included airport shuttle, and then a shuttle to the cruise ship port. That made it nice at arriving in Miami and then getting off to the cruise ship the next morning.

• Nice property, but.................

The property is beautifully landscaped & has wonderful mediterainean architecture. Security into the hotel & parking lot is good, but seems to become more relaxed the later it gets.
    Now for the BUT part...................
    The front desk is very disorganized & not only had our reservations incorrect; but also had numerous problems with others reservations.
    The hotel corrected everything; but very slowly, rudely and after trips to 2 different rooms until everything was as reserved. The biggest confusion was over a smoking or non smoking room, which was the cause for the second trip to the front desk.
    The rooms are nice; but not as nice as the outside of the property would lead you to believe.
    In our room; we had 3 sinks; only one of which was completely working (both hot & cold water).
    The front desk is very rude and does not wish to handle any problems that they are not forced to.
    The location is wonderful; but the amenities and atmosphere are not what we have come to expect from a Hilton brand hotel.
    Definitely not worth the price.
    The complimentary breakfast was wondeful!!!

Unique Quality: Architecture; woderful courtyard. Great city or airport views. Somewhat noisy with planes taking off.

Directions: About 5 minutes from the airport terminal. 20-30 min. drive to South beach. Travel required if you do not wish to use the properties resturants.

More about Embassy Suites Hotel Miami International Airport

Embassy Suites 1 night precruise 11/5

by TripAdvisor Member curlyjbs

After reading the reviews here I still booked - What was I thinking! Yes, the hotel is under construction so a little dust and yellow tape is understandable but our bathroom was disgusting. Mold everywhere! Chipped floor tiles, The faucet handles were not even connected to the sink!! Otherwise the room was "just ok" not really up to Embassy Suites Standards. The managers reception helped us feel better LOL and the breakfast was plentiful and really quite good - They even make omlettes! You can hear the planes but it's not too bad. Didn't notice a musty smell as reported in other reviews. The pool is small and shady. The hot tub was empty (no water). Booked on Hotwire and paid $60 - OK for 1 night (as a last resort) but I wouldn't recommend staying any longer.

Dirty, Nasty, and Oh Yeah -Nasty!!!!!!!!!!

We were in town for a funeral and figured that Embassy Suites would be a great place to stay. Boy, were we wrong. When we first walked in the lobby area IT was breath-taking, however, when we were ready to take a shower the tub was dirty, the A/C rattled all night, and to top it off, we had to call the frontdesk for new sheets, because SOMETHING was crawling on us-....NASTY!!!! WE WILL NEVER STAY HERE AGAIN, I WOULD RATHER SLEEP OUT IN THE CAR!!

**But the breakfast is awesome, I must say, but that's it.

This can't be the hotel that the other reviews are referring to!

by TripAdvisor Member Essexgirl2005

For an airport hotel in Miami this one was very acceptable. I give it four points in the rating from comparison with others in area.We had avery clean room,no nasty smells.Staff at check in were excellent. 10 minutes after arriving in room we had a phone call to check if all was ok. We ate in restaraunt for evening meal and it was average,no problems. Breakfast is excellent. However, there was some kind of convention on and it was manic at breakfast. Tables were cleared really quickly (would help if people took own crockery/cutlery to storage tray or put disposables in bin.) Having tried many hotels near airport for a 1 night stay we would definately return to this one.Some rooms can hear the comuter train horns from early am but for 1 night that is acceptable.Personally I would never stay in Miami for many nights, as from experience,service and quality is lacking everywhere!!

Embassy Suites failure

by TripAdvisor Member jfmadden

AFter reading these reviews for a month, I assumed that only the "unhappy" would write a review, and this forum was written by a bunch of complainers. I was wrong. My wife, myself, and my 3 children stayed here for one night after a cruise. After arriving at the Hotel I noticed the sign that stated hotel guests will pay 8 bucks to park and they do so at their own risk. I went into the lobby to check in and was not greeted by anyone, nor did anyone ask if I needed assistance with luggage. I indicated that I had a reservation and was asked for identification and a credit card. I was given my room key and the man at the desk turned to walk away. I asked him if that was all, and he said yes. He never pointed me to the elevators or asked if I needed a bellman. There was absolutely no professionalism on his behalf. I walked outside and observed a bellman walking away from me. I asked him for assistance and he was very polite and transported my luggage inside. It is surprising that they dont have a bellman standing outside trying to earn a few tips. I went up to the room and it smelled musty, just like everyone else. After staying at the Disney beach Club resort, this was a big dissappointment. The room was old, outdated, and was not clean. The furniture looked like it was from the 70's. I decided to stay anyway because it was already a long day. My kids turned on the tv and Nintendo games were displayed when it turned on. No where did it state there would be a cost, but the next morning I was charged $7 for the 1 hour they played. The litature in the room about the hotel and it's services was outdated and obviously very old. My family and myself went down to the restaraunt which had 15 people in it at the most and was immediately told it would be 20 minutes. I looked around at all the empty tables, then looked back at the hostess, who was not wearing anything that identified her as an employee. She stated that it was only a 3 minute walk to Bennigans around the corner. I told her I wasn't into walking down the street with 3 children in a strange city, especially when I was fully aware the Hotel was not in the nicest part of town. It was obvious that they were not interested in seating any more patrons at this late hour of 740PM on a Sunday night. We waited about 20 minutes and were seated. The food quality was poor to average at best. The check came and I noticed that a 20 percent gratuity was already added to it. I paid the check and we went back to our rooms. There was a DJ at the bar and the music was very loud, It was Hip Hop, and the bar looked like the local corner bar for the neighborhood. No business person, or person with a family would go near that place. It was a disgrace. After pulling out the sofa bed we noticed that it did not have any pillows or sheets. I called the front desk and told they would be sent up. By this time it was about 9PM . I waited about 30 minutes, and called again. The linens arrived about 40 minutes after the first call. The sheets were clean but the blanket had many holes in it. It looked many years old. I laughed, put it on the sofa bed, and we all went to sleep. We ate breakfast in the morning ( marginal at best) and went home. I have stayed at the Embassy Suites in Ft Lauderdale, and it was like night and day compared to this place. Yes, this hotel was less expensive than your average Miami Hotel, but at $169 per night I would rather pay more and stay elsewhere in the future. Overall it was not a pleasant experience and I would only recommend this place if all others were full, or budget was the most important issue.

Love this place!

The Embassy was like a dream compared to the Days Inn we tried to stay at in Hialeah. The people were helpful and the place was really clean. The rooms were huge and convienently had 2 TVs and a small refriderator. There were free shuttles to the airport (which wasn't far at all). The complimenary breakfast and happy hour (2 hours) were great! Absolutely no complaints here! I'd definitely stay again.

good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member bookmark

THIS HOTEL WAS GOOD AT LEAST THIS TIME BUT THE INTERNET I DIDN"T LIKE IT WAS A GOOD DINING AT LUNCH AND AT DINNER I like to go to the balcony because we had best airport view we might stay here in aug. of this year the pool was good leaves fall into hot tub leaves were in the hot tub everything else was good
i like riding elevators breakfast was good pool was pretty warm and stuff there was a fitness center

Great Deal

by TripAdvisor Member Ashleezmom

We arrived at the Embassy Suites around 6pm after a long flight from the West Coast. When our taxi driver tried to pull into the hotel there were a line of about 15 cars waiting to get into a gated entrance to the hotel. This line did not move quickly, it took us almost 15 minutes to enter the hotel itself. I think it is because they charge to park here, but there should be a Taxi/Shuttle entrance where they are not stopped for so long. But we were checked in within minutes and at Happy hour to meet our friends (group of 12 cruisers) Had a nice evening. We asked for rooms on a high floor as we noticed a Prom and didnt want to be disturbed by the noise, but the higher room was great - didnt hear a peep. Our room was great with a nice view of the airport - i enjoyed watching the planes for a half hour or so. The room was very clean and the beds comfy. We woke to a nice breakfast downstairs and then packing for the cruise. We had purchased the shuttle to the ship with our room, and it was a little hectic waiting for our driver as he was late for our 11 am pick up. But he arrived and we were wisked away to the cruise ship. Overall this was a nice stay. You cant beat the room, service and shuttle for the price. You can almost always expect that at any Embassy Suites.
~ the constant cruisers

Not Fabulous but OK

by TripAdvisor Member tbtx

The hotel was better than I expected (based on reviews here). But it was still not up to Embassy Suites Standards.

The meeting rooms were nicely appointed, well lit and well decorated. All the public areas (lobby, atrium, etc) were clean and attractive. But the guest rooms do not meet the same standard.

The room was clean. The curtains and bedcovers were modern and bright. The bathroom appeared to have new fixtures. But the living room furniture was old and everything else seemed pretty worn (appliances, counters, air conditioning system, etc.)

However, I learned I was in one of the rooms redecorated since the 2005 hurricane season. (Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor. The lower floors haven't been remodeled yet.)

The breakfast was typical Embassy Suites (hot food buffet). The shuttle service was great. Overall, staff was responsive to requests, but not particularly friendly or assertive.

No horror stories during this stay but I would not choose this property for future visits unless there has been a major improvement in both customer service and cleanliness.

Comments