1435 Brickell Ave, Miami, Florida, 33131, United States

Booking.com Tingo.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• detroitdb's Profile Photo

Top Notch Resort

The Four Seasons Miami is found in Miami's Brickell neighborhood; it commands a view of the northern most point of Biscayne Bay, where the intercoastal waterway feeds into it. Although there are many interesting high-rises in Brickell, it is for the most part, a business district. There is not a lot to travel to on foot surrounding the Four Seasons, but just a short drive south you have Key Biscayne, Viscaya and Coconut Grove and Coral Gables, to the North you have Downtown Miami and the beaches and to the West you have Little Havana and Miracle Mile. It is centrally located and a good choice for those that want to avoid the hectic pace of South Beach and want to see the city.

Unique Quality: The hotel has all you would expect from a Luxury resort & hotel. The pool is quite nice and open 24 hours. You can also chill on the hammocks behind the hotel and enjoy the breeze from the bay. The view is Biscayne Bay is not bad, but obscured by many high-rises.

Directions: Brickell Avenue

• kmbruening's Profile Photo

Before you can ask

I was charmed by my first trip to Miami. I have to admit that a portion of this is attributable to the Four Seasons. They made everything fantastic and I relaxed despite my hectic schedule during my weekend stay. The staff is unbelievably kind, helpful, and quiet. The food is quite good, the pool is an oasis, and the rooms beyond comfortable. From the turndown service to recommendations for restaurants, my requests were answered before I asked.

Unique Quality: The hotel is very new and in a very tall downtown building. You can orient yourself in many parts of the city by looking for the hotel tower. The pool is on the 7th level and quite large with palm trees and many lounge chairs. The only annoyance is that you have to take two elevators to reach your room from the ground floor. One to reach the hotel lobby and another to reach your room.

Directions: Look for the tallest building in the city

More about Four Seasons Miami

Thoroughly enjoyed a weekend stay at Four Seasons Miami

by TripAdvisor Member PittPanther

I spent three nights over a weekend at the Four Seasons in mid-September '05. This is an exceptional hotel - service, cleanliness, rooms, pool area, LA Sports Club (on premises, complimentary to hotel guests, has everything for all parts of the body - CYBEX equipment, treadmills, free weights, EVERYTHING). If anything, the "personal touch" at hotel may be a bit overdone. Upon arrival at street level, upon ordering meal at Lobby-level Acqua Restaurant, an employee discreetly asks your name, presumably so they can try to remember it, or call ahead to next person who will be serving you (at front desk, concierge, wherever)...so that person can greet you by name. That's nice - but unnecessary, in my opinion. Also, potentially dangerous. Just one man's opinion, but I prefer to keep my identity anonymous while walking through a hotel lobby, approaching front desk, concierge, pool attendant, etc...Again, just one man's opinion. Others may love that type of "red carpet" personal touch. To me, I don't need it.
Pool area is great. Main pool is very big, much bigger than a standard hotel swimming pool. As I was there over a weekend, it was never close to being full capacity - maybe not even half. Service (ice water, chair set-up, drinks, light food) all prompt and friendly. Pool is five feet at its deepest (middle area). Nice hot tub whirlpool at one end. Interesting "Palm Grove" pool at far end of terrace, consisting of palm tree islands strewn about maybe 1-2 feet of water. You can set up your lounge chair directly in the water.
I had an executive suite, which was two separate rooms (living and bedroom), plus great bathroom with separate shower and deep soaking tub. First-rate amenities. Never had this happen before relative to mini bar: after checking in, I walked down the block a bit and visited Bagel Barn, where I picked up an old-fashioned six-pack of glass (bottles) Cokes. Took them back to the room, and left them on top of the counter by mini bar. Upon returning from pool a couple hours later, hotel mini bar attendant had taken the bottles and placed them INSIDE THE REFRIGERATED section of the mini bar. Anybody who has traveled a lot will appreciate this story. Most places scheme and operate to see how they can force you to utilize their mini bar products. Four Seasons Miami took the extra effort to satisfy me. It was appreciated, too, because there are no ice machines on the floors. Attendants do a good job keeping your ice bucket filled, but it is nice to be able to go fill it yourself, when you want to. To get ice, you need to call Room Service - IF your ice bucket isn't filled at a particularly needy time.
I'm no judge of interior decoration, but furnishings were fine. Nothing fancy, and nothing to really indicate that you're in Miam, but that type of thing doesn't bother me. It's very clean, quiet, safe and comfortable.
Again, folks, this is DOWNTOWN MIAMI, not Miami Beach. The area is relatively dead at night. There are a few good restaurants within walking distance, but there's little in the way of "night life," if that's your thing. If you are looking for a brief, quiet getaway with outstanding service, an incredible pool area, warm weather, and a host of friendly employees in all areas, then try the Four Season Miami. Go for a swim around 9 p.m. at night. Beautiful. Quiet, scenic, romantic - nobody to bother you.
I'll be back.

I would go back in a NY minute

Well, I was just thinking about what I was going to do this December and I thought about where I was last
December. The Four Seasons Miami had to be one of the
best Hotels I ever stayed in. Delightful from A-Z
From the beautiful decor,to the incredibble staff...
I felt very safe. The rooms were gorgeous...what a view!!!

One day soon - I plan to return.

HH

Luxurious Accomadations, Unparalleled Service...

Staying currently at the Four Seasons Miami and very impressed with the high quality of service. The location is downtown in the Financial District, and we did have some minor difficulties finding nice family places to eat in the near vicinity. We did not want eat at Acqua or the two other lounge/ restaurants the entire stay. The concierge, however, was very helpful in directing us to recommended restaurants a short drive away (we drove to Miami Beach). He even found a Chinese restaurant that delivered to the hotel! We do recommend the Acqua breakfast- excellent Italian pastry basket! The pool is beautiful and relaxing. Kids For All Seasons lounge has activites for ages 4-12 with anything a child could want to do with appropriate supervision. Everything about the hotel exudes class, from the picture-perfect floral settings to the personalized attention from every staff member we encountered. Despite being damaged (some external windows and flora) from the Hurrican Wilma, the Four Seasons seems to be in tip-top shape otherwise. As an aside, we were amazed to see the serious damage the hurricane inflicted on other downtown Miami skyscrapers. The area still is cordoned off by police, and to enter the hotel, you have to drive southbound on Brickell Ave and turn left. There is currently no entrance to the hotel driving northbound.

First class but out of the way.

by TripAdvisor Member travelerwithtaste

The Four Seasons Miami is a tasteful, modern hotel with wonderful views of the bay, cruise ships in the distance, and city lights at night. Wonderful pool that my son never wanted to leave, with numerous offerings of free fruit and smoothie samples, cold towels and spritzing with Evian water. Service at front desk and concierge was professional and top notch - after a mishap with our luggage disappearing for a brief time we were upgraded to a nicer suite to make up for the inconvenience. The restaurant was disappointing. This is the second time we ate dinner at the restaurant there (now known as Aqua) and both times we had to ask for drinks as none were offered. They should also dispense with the plastic place mats and use tablecloths in the evening. Very tacky for a supposedly first class restaurant. There is no shopping other than a very small gift shop with limited items and nothing else in the area unless you drive there. Our only serious problem was the housekeeping staff. Very few of the maids speak much English, making it difficult to ask them for anything. When my husband got sick with the chills one night it took a regular game of Charades to get some extra blankets for him. It also took 1 1/2 hours and 2 phone calls to get them to bring linens up to our room our first night so the sofa bed could be made up for our son. If you are in Miami and want first class service, fairly decent food, and relaxing by the pool, this is the place. If you like having lots of shopping, restaurants and things to do around you, it definitely isn't. All in all, a very beautiful, service oriented place to stay though.

Wonderful Retreat In The City!

by TripAdvisor Member NikiC

I can't believe the people who wrote about the location...don't you know when a hotel is located on the Beach or in the City. This hotel is not in Miami Beach but if you want superb service, a great pool with exceptional amenities (ice water in several flavors, food, comfy chairs that are set up just for you with ample towels and umbrellas) people who are good at what they do... stay here. Yes it is a cab ride for approximatly $22.00 to the Beach or less to Cocunut Grove but you couldn't get me to stay anywhere closer than where I was(Miami Beach is played out). Especially when you have so many excellent restaurants (the best being in the Mandarin Oriental) to choose from. Granted the configuration of the building is weird, but once you figure it out...if I went back again I would try the Mandarin just to compare (the Lobby is far superior) but you will not be dissapointed with this FS.

Neither "sour" nor "death by elevators"

I just read the poor reviews on this property and obviously the members are not well travelled if they found this Four Season's a terrible place to stay. This hotel does not deserve their scathing reviews. The ONLY valid complaint would be the location. It is crap and inconvenient but IF you can afford the FOUR SEASONS withouth having to save your pennies for a once in a lifetime treat then you can very well afford the taxis if you are not driving. My friend and I were very disappointed in the distance at first but got used to it as the level of service was much better than what we were getting on South Beach. We stayed our first 5 nights at the RITZ on South Beach and it was nothing comparatively. We stayed here for our last 3 nights. Beware of some of the taxi drivers as they really try to cheat you. We learned to tell them how to get to the hotel and had no problem after that. We asked them to take KEY BISCAYNE BLVD. and that was quicker than the other way some were taking from South Beach. We had a bay view room and the view was great as we were concerned that it would disappoint after having ocean view on South Beach. As long as you know ahead of time that this hotel is not near anything then you are prepared for the worst. The hotel was very, very clean and the room was a good size and the bathroom was huge. The staff was overly helpful compared to the RITZ on South Beach. The pool staff was great and the concierge named LICIO was great. Beyond the distance from the action this hotel deserves its rating. I live in Japan and travel the world extensively and for the price this hotel is well-worth it. If you are used to Sheraton prices then maybe you expect too much when you stay at a property like the Four Seasons . As this was not an expensive place to stay for the service we received.

Miami Boat Show 2006

by TripAdvisor Member youmay1

A very beautiful hotel in a very nice area. All of the staff is very friendly and very helpful with the exception of the wait staff in Acqua. We dined here twice, dinner and breakfast. The staff seems to be everywhere in the restaurant, except anywhere near your table when you need them, and they are not at all attentive. You can stand on your head and spit fire from your behind, and I am not sure they would notice. The food is average and way over priced. Everything else, we loved. So sleep here, but eat somewhere else.

High Hopes Dashed

by TripAdvisor Member empressCovington_La

Our first stay at a "four Seasons" hotel was a bit disappointing. The room was nice but we thought that it was an average size for the rate we paid. The main complaint was that we booked a deluxe bay view room that a a sliver of the bay view overlooking a roof that had window washing ropes draped across it. The service in the restaurant was very slow on Friday night and also on Saturday morning so we decided to order room service on Sunday morning.
We tried unsuccessfully to get room service for breakfast. After holding the line for ten minutes we were asked if they could return our call. Ater 30 minutes of waiting for them just to take our order, we just blew it off and went to the boat show. But the concierge was great! Save your money and stay at the Marriott.

Beautiful Urban Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ashmawz

The Four Seasons is a stunning hotel - just as minimalist urban chic as you would expect. There are gigantic Bolero statues in the lobby standing watch and amazing artwork throughout the hotel-a plus if you're into contemporary art. This is a great place for couples and business travelers, but not exactly a beachy, resort-type of family hotel.

Since it is basically brand new, travelers won't feel as if they're in an over-used, worn room, which can happen in Miami fairly quickly due to it's high volume of travelers.

The valets and concierge are awesome, as is the food.

It's located in the Brickell area (on the intracoastal, not the beach), which is basically a business district that is not very lively at night. However, this is an area that is waking up a bit and generating a "scene" and has a few mainstays around such as Tobacco Road and Capital Grille.

Plus, it's close to Coconut Grove and Key Biscayne, two of the most beautiful areas in Miami. And if you're adventurous, Little Havanna begins right across (West of) I-95. You will need a car in this area if you plan on visiting other parts of Miami.

Comments