Hampton Inn Miami-Dadeland

8200 SW 70 Ave, Miami, Florida, 33143, United States
Hampton Inn Miami Dadeland
Orbitz.com Hotels.com Booking.com

More about Hampton Inn Miami-Dadeland

We like the Hampton Inn chain...

by sbrookes

We like the Hampton Inn chain of Hotels. They serve a very tood breakfast that is included in the room price.

It allow two guest at the price of one under that AARP plan as well as the Hilton HHonors program gives you credit towards a free night.
$42 - $90, Kingsize beds are more expensive than two doubles. Nice Breakfast, Cookies and Peanut Butter Sandwishes in the late afternoon with soup is offered at a number of the chain locations.

Hotels and Reservations...

by PA2AKgirl

A big difference we found in doing a road trip across the US and then another across Turkey and even a 3rd through Europe has to do with accomodations. We like to drive as far as we want to in a given day and stop wherever. Off many interstate exits,along highways, and in towns you'll find a choice of hotels and motels: local and chain. In bigger cities, you might want to make reservations especially if you're visiting during some sort of event. But if you're just driving to drive and see whatever is out there with no particular set destination for the night, you don't need them. Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Best Western, Days Inn, Super 8, Motel 6 , La Quinta are all "walk in and ask for a room" kind of places. If there's nothing available, you go to the next one, usually located right up or down the road. Each place has something good about it--the cinnamon rolls at the Holiday Inn Express; the non stop free coffee service and very comfortable beds at the Hampton for example. Most have free WIFI or high speed internet in the rooms, too. Finding a room is usually very easy. Even in a town where there was one motel for miles, we didn't have a problem. In the case of Biloxi after Hurricane Katrina, we felt it was in our best interest to make a reservation...we were able to do that at the Mississippi Welcome center. So, if you are nearing a place you think you might like to stay, Welcome Centers/Rest Areas and other places right off the interstates can help you and that service is usually free.

OUR 16- DAY USA & CANADA TOUR

by AusPinay

"APRIL 8, the LONGEST DAY OF OUR TRIP!"

From Sydney, we left for San Francisco on April 8, which turned out to be the longest day of our lives!

The 16 hour gruelling flight tok a toll on everyone that we hardly had strength to carry our luggages to Union Station after a 65 US dollar taxi ride there. From there we went to National City in San Diego to reunite with my cousin. Stayed just two nights there- nice 5 bdrm home!It was around 10 pm, also April 8 as we had to wait for our other luggages which couldn't be with us as the one we got was not a luggage train or something like that,LOL!

We still managed to snoop at the guns and bullets sold at the local supermarket at National city after our meal at my cousin's bakery/restaurant.

The next day Easter Sunday, was mass for me, then a reunion lunchtime with my other rellies.

Other places we went to while in LA- San Diego zoo (very good animal collection), Disneyland (very commercialised), Universal Studios (worth the lines), and bus tours to Beverly Hills, LA movie star's homes, Venice Beach, Farmers' Market, Walk of fame, Hollywood, etc.

"From LA to Chicago"

After a week in California, we took another plane ride to Chicago. This was a much better city than LA we think! Very cosmopolitan, chic, clean, organised, etc. Plus the people seemed friendlier, or maybe we were tired in LA! Of course my rellies were superb hosts. The eat-all-you-can buffet was one of the highlights of our food tripping- we couldn't believe how big the glasses were for the drinks and you're allowed refills! We hardly touched them!

We spent a few days in Chicago- more reunions with rellies, maybe a hundred of them! Then the spectacular Millenium Park which I requested my cousin to take us and luckily she hadn't been there too, being newly built! Field Museum was next, then shopping, glorious shopping- at Aurora outlet mall outside Chicago ( not so far )and at Marshall's and other malls.

"CHICAGO TO BUFFALO TO NIAGARA, TORONTO,CANADA"

After 10 days hubby had to go back to Sydney while the boys and I and my cousin headed to Buffalo NY via a cramped American Airlines flight! We wondered how other bigger passengers got to sit in those tiny seats! LOL! From Buffalo via a 70 dollar taxi ride, we wen to Niagara Falls, stayed at the Hampton Inn one night then on to Toronto's CN Tower and even the Vietnamese/Chinese markets, plus other city sights which we hardly liked- the city was chaotic as several sports competitions were held during those times we were there!

The only memorable trip was at Niagara Falls, despite the foggy spring weather. Around Toronto was brown, dried up trees and tired looking suburbs you would think some places are ghost towns! Even the local train station was deserted! We took the bus to Toronto and was grateful to meet up with cousin Celia's friend who acted as our tour guide! He also took us to the airport back to Buffalo NY.

Before we left for Sydney we also attended a wedding of a deaf and mute couple, family friends of my cousin. It was lovely, the reception was at a banquet hall a bit far from the Catholic Church. The food was plentiful as usual, especially the dessert buffet! We left USA the next day five kilos heavier and laden with 6 luggages, with hubby annoyingly agreeing to check in two more plus hand carry a medium sized bag! My cousins gave us a lot mroe clothesand stuff we had to get additional suitcases!

The trip was tiring but something my kids especially will never forget as they went back to Sydney $300 richer- more gifts from my rellies!ats.

A view of the water from Bicentennial ParkA view of the water from Bicentennial Park

Mural of the Summit of the Americas in the parkMural of the Summit of the Americas in the park

were I stayed www.keylargohomerental.comwere I stayed www.keylargohomerental.com

Enjoying some EscargotEnjoying some Escargot

Hotel in Miami

by CoolGuy123

I am taking a cruise from Miami and have 4 nights and 3 days to tour the Miami area after cruising. Any suggestion for Hotel thats in the middle of activities (shops, malls, restaurants,etc) I dont need a hotel on the beach (I live near a beach) but prefer one that offers a shuttle to the Miami Airport. Budget is around $75.00 per night

by grandmaR

That's a fairly low budget. How about the Coconut Grove Hampton Inn. They have a shuttle to the cruise ship dock - I don't know about the other way.

by CoolGuy123

I wont disgaree that the budget is low, I've never spet anytime in Miami so I am green to prices around that area. I'll continue my research but appreciate any area information.

Thanks

by pulgaron

There is an Extended Stay on Coral Way(SW 24th ST) just East of Miracle Mile in Coral Gables. That should be with or close to your bud. It is a very good and safe area and close to Restaurantsand shops in Down town Coral Gables.

Looking for FREE wi-fi hotspots near the Embassy Suite Perimeter Atlanta GA

by Diego_dog

I am looking for a free Wi-Fi hotspot where I can take my laptop to so I can use the Internet. I know there's a Starbuck's not too far from the Embassy Suite Perimeter, but I really don't want to pay their high fee's for accessing the Internet (Embassy Suite only offers high speed access for $10...a little too much for just writing emails). Any help is greatly appreciated and needed!

Re: Looking for FREE wi-fi hotspots near the Embassy Suite Perimeter Atlanta GA

by ATXtraveler

If you can find a Hampton Inn or a Sheraton around there, they normally have free wi-fi in the lobby...

Travel Tips for Miami

The Bacardi Museum

by dila

we did go to the bacardi museum
there is a private collection from bacardi rum.
we went for a friend of ours.
because he collects everything from bacardi.

The Bacardi Museum is located at
2100 Biscayne Blvd. in Miami, Florida.
Open for public tours.

Shopping Mall

by wahine76 about Aventura Mall

Aventura is your typical suburban mall where You can find everything including big department stores in this 3 level mall.

Regular Mall Hours: