Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Airport South

Booking.com Expedia.com Tingo.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 15% higher than other 3 star hotels

More about Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Airport South

Very comfortable but shuttle bus communication needs work

by TripAdvisor Member FinnMcCoolAsia

The SOP for shuttle bus needs review. I rang from the airport to announce my arrival and waited outside for the shuttle. It arrived 10 minutes later and took me to the hotel. Great except it was from another hampton Inn, not the one at Blue Lagoon. The receptionist at the hotel put me in a taxi which took me to the right Hotel blue lagoon. I was really impressed that they responded instantly to the error which cost them $25. I would go back there soley based on their willingness to help, and get me to the hotel ASAP. I was jetlagged so I was happy to see them help me

The rooms were very clean comfortable and well planned. Eduardo the night mgr was very pleasant and helpful. Yes I would recommend this hotel. Its not cheap but it does deliver when things go wrong.
Sean

freindly stuff perfect with kids

by TripAdvisor Member izlo

we stayed at hampton inn blue lagoon im miami for four nights in februar 2006, the hospitality was perfect, every thing was clean, the kitchen at the mini suit was perfect for stay with kids and the area was nice with publix just nearby. come back for sure.

Very friendly, nice amenities

by TripAdvisor Member almabalma

I chose this hotel based on TripAdvisor recommendations, and I wasn't let down. Great amenities included free high-speed internet, decent selection of cable tv channels, a comfortable bed (although not luxe), a large, free breakfast buffet, free milk and cookies at 5:30, and free parking. The front desk staff was very friendly and I got a free toothbrush and toothpaste just for asking (I'd misplaced my toothbrush).

The location is nothing special. Not a walking neighborhood, and just turning into the hotel is an ordeal involving a U-turn on at a major intersection.

Didn't check out the pool or weight room.

Perfect choice before our cruise

by TripAdvisor Member inmyopinionBoston

We flew into the Miami airport the night before our cruise. This hotel was perfectly located for a quick complimentary shuttle ride from the airport and equally quick ride to the Port the next day. The place was immaculate! So clean, friendly, and relaxing after a long day of travel. It was conveniently located near a supermarket, CVS, and Walgreens (all walking distance) for quick last minute trip items. We were exhausted after our long day of flying and airport delays. I would highly recommend this hotel. They also have a great breakfast.

Convenient, Pleasant, Close to Airport

by TripAdvisor Member PH8286

I stayed here on a Sunday night (March 5th)after having arrived late afternoon from New England to catch an early Monday AM international flight out of MIA. I have had to do this fairly often for flights out of both MIA and FLL, and have stayed at some pretty dreadful places near these airports (the fact that I remember the awfulness of these places, even though each stay was only a short blip on a much longer voyage is testement to just how bad they were).
The Blue Lagoon is a notable exception to the rule of the other experiences. The van came quickly after I called (though I would suggest using your cell phone to reach them, since I couldn't find their number on any of the courtesy phones in the AA baggage area), and it really only about 5 minutes to the hotel.
The room was clean, the shower more than adequate, the bed comfortable, and the wireless internet perfectly functional. Although the front desk people were pretty aloof, they were not overtly rude or unfriendly.
The breakfast buffet is one of the better ones I have seen, with hot food (fresh fruit, yoghurt, sausage and some kind of waffles, in addition to cereal and bread) the dining room was large and comfortable, and take away bags were available. No problem getting to the airport on a 7 AM shuttle.
One of the nicest features, to me, was the small shopping mall across the wide avenue (be careful of aggressive drivers at the intersection)which allowed me to grab some last minute travel needs at the 24-hour CVS pharmacy, and have a first-rate Cuban meal at the Cafeteria Juan.
I paid a $139 rate which seemed reasonable for the comfort and convenience afforded

Good Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member jonesytv

This Hampton Inn is one of the better Hamptons. 1st, they enforce the non-smoking policy. That means, if you smoke in a non-smoking room, you are charged $350 to clean it. This stops the rude smokers from smoking and smelling up non-smoking rooms. So my non-smoking room smelled great. Also, since the policy is enforce, you don't walk down the hall and smell smoke coming out of non-smoking rooms. The hotel smelled nice and not like an ashtray. The hotel has the new Hampton bedding so the beds were comfy. The hotel has a free shuttle to the airport, which I used. The rooms were clean. I'll be back.

We Hated To Leave!

After staying at a ridiculously expensive hotel with horrible service in Fort Lauderdale, I wasn't sure what to expect in Miami. However, right upon arrival the staff made me and my daughter feel right at home. They recommended a great restaurant (94th Aero Squadron Steakhouse) on our first night there and made arrangements for us to take an Everglade tour the next day. They even had the security officer walk me across the street to an ATM machine when the hotel's was out of service!

I heard they were renovating but we stayed on the 3rd floor and everything was in good order. If they were doing work it sure was quiet! The room was perfectly clean and well laid out. We stayed in a King Study and it worked fine for my daughter and I. The hotel has great security, only those with room keys can get the elevator to the guest rooms. The pool/jacuzzi area was clean and spacious. The free breakfast was great and they even had brown bag 'breakfasts' made up for those folks on the go. The only thing this hotel could possibly do better is repaint the outside (ugly yellow color) and get a bigger shuttle.

You won't regret booking at this Hampton!

Awesome Hotel

I stayed here with a friend on March 17th-19th, and it was a wonderful hotel. The front desk staff was friendly and gave good choices when we decided to order in the first night. The bed was comfy and the room was clean. The only complaint was I had to call the front desk a couple of times for an iron. I would definitely recommend this hotel to people wanting to stay somewhere nice, but not trying to break the bank.

Wonderful for port departures

by TripAdvisor Member FANDM

My husband and I stayed here 3/11/06 before our cruise. The shuttle from the airport was full so the driver told us to take a cab and we would be reimbursed. We were reimbursed immediately without question. The room was spotless, the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, and the staff was very accommodating. The desk clerk arranged for out shuttle to the port($10 per person), and we were delivered right to the entrance to Carnival. The free breakfast was outstanding and sitting outside by the pool was a great way to start the day. We stayed here because of past reviews from this website and this Hampton without question deserves the #1 ranking.

Convenient, reasonable, great service, hard to beat!

by TripAdvisor Member nanner10

Every once in a while you get a little more than you are expecting. We think that was the case for our Jan 06 stay at the Hampton Inn and Suites-Airport South-Blue Lagoon. For this recent cruise trip we wanted/needed to spend a little less for our room. I thought this review would help others in a similar situation.

We were looking for a hotel in Miami for a one night pre-cruise stay. Our search and the recommendations we found (granted they were for some very nice hotels) kept pointing us toward a price point that was significantly more that we wanted to spend for “just a place to rest our bones for a few hours before the real vacation begins!” We were looking for something close enough to the pier, with access to stores for those last minute cruise necessities (wink, wink) and a convenient place for dinner and a cocktail. While it would have been nice to be closer to the pier and more downtown, in reality, this hotel fit the bill very nicely.

This hotel is listed as a two star hotel. I can’t imagine why. Is it because it lacks its own restaurant? In my opinion and from the reviews I have read a number of other travelers agree with me that this hotel belongs firmly in the three star category … at least. While it is still a somewhat basic hotel, I feel that needs to be stated with a big qualification!

From my own search I knew that many people seemed to be on the same quest, therefore, I arrived at this Hampton Inn knowing that I would pay much more careful attention to this hotel than I might ordinarily with the hope that I could write a review for travelers who had similar needs.

The Hampton Inn and Suites Airport South-Blue Lagoon (what a mouthful!) seems well run, it is clean, quiet, well maintained and provides many extra services and throughout the hotel there are a multitude of little things that show an attention to detail that give the strong impression that someone really cares here! I haven’t seen that much lately!

The Hampton Inn and Suites Airport South-Blue Lagoon offers;
•Moderately priced rooms: This is Miami folks! Decent rooms are not cheap here! The price depends on time of year, special rates such as AAA, AARP, etc. Our AAA rate room was $151.54 ($134.10 + $17.44 tax) on 1/20/06
•Free shuttle to/from the airport. Dial #366 from courtesy phones in luggage claim area. You will then need to go up to the 2nd floor (departures) and out to the sidewalk to catch the shuttle. It is easy to ID the shuttle: the entire shuttle bus has a multicolored patchwork painted on the sides with a Hampton Inn mural and says “57th Ave/Blue Lagoon”. Make sure you are on the correct Hampton Inn shuttle as there are multiple Hampton Inn locations in Miami!
• Free shuttle to nearby locations (our driver was Alvaro, who drove us to dinner at the nearby 94th Aero Squadron Restaurant and bar. From the bar we were able to watch planes come in for a landing.) The Host will call the hotel and the driver will come back for you when you are done
•Parking lot and garage: free for guests, $15 per day after check out

Transportation to the cruise ship pier is not provided by the hotel, but they will call a taxi/shuttle for you:
•Taxi $25 to cruise ship pier for two people
•Independent (non hotel) shuttle to the pier: $35 for two or $10pp for more than two

HOTEL

•This hotel is located minutes from the airport, on a busy street. It is about 15 minutes (in light traffic) from the pier.
•Very friendly, attentive, helpful and pleasant front desk staff (Thanks Yami and Pam!)
•Pleasant lobby and grounds (being freshened up by groundskeepers while we were there)
•11 floors
•Very quiet in room. Soundproofed windows. We were not disturbed by any street noise.
•Our room did not have a Lagoon view, but, the city view toward pier was nice (with the exception of the parking lot and nearby medical building), especially at night.
•Safe. Room card was needed in elevators to access the guest floors
•Well lit, quiet halls
•Small, heated pool (felt just warm, but we did not go in) and hot tub (slightly green during our visit)
•Pool patio with a covered area with bistro tables and chairs. This was just outside the breakfast room. I would imagine you could take your breakfast outside.
•In general this hotel has gone the extra step to provide an extra level of amenities, such as the rod to hang garment bags, the hairdryer with the added nightlight feature and the above average breakfast features. They have added many small touches that are easy to overlook, but show an attention to detail, such as the repeated use throughout the public areas and the guest rooms of the company logo on things like: toilet paper, glass panels and doors, shower curtains, bath mats, pillowcases, etc., even the cookies in your room! Nice touches.
•Complimentary USA Today newspaper

BUSINESS CENTER (just off the lobby)
Multiple free computers with internet access and printer.
Other business services available

IN HOTEL CONVENIENCE STORE (just off the lobby)
Offering snacks, light food
Beverages, including beer
Miscellaneous toiletries and OTC medications

BREAKFAST ROOM
Offers free coffee, tea, hot chocolate, OJ and apple juice, water, apples and bananas 24 hours a day.
Free “on the house” breakfast includes the above items plus:
French toast sticks, maple syrup, bagels, toast (toaster available) muffins, Danish pastries, biscuits (plain and cinnamon), sausages, fruit salad, 3 dry cold cereals, yogurt and oatmeal.
Also offered are “On the Run” breakfasts. They provide a rack of pre-selected breakfast items packaged in a brown bag, just grab and go.

EXERCISE ROOM
Did not use! Appears well equipped

ROOM
•Freshly painted soft golden walls
•Nicely decorated with nice art
•Appears recently decorated with newer bedding, etc. The rug was very slightly worn.
•Seating area, small table two chairs
•Desk, armoire
•Medium Cherry finish furniture, some with contrasting walnut trim, rubbed bronze light fixtures.
•Padded lap desk/bed table
•Two phones
•Internet connection/wireless, printer services available (sent from room to front desk)
•Free local calls. Also free connection to a long distance carrier (long distance rates then apply)
•Nintendo
•Standard TV channels with 3 HBO channels
•Ironing board/iron
•Coffeemaker, coffee and tea, cookies etc.
•Electronic safe in the closet
•Closet door has full length mirror
•Reasonably comfortable mattress (and we are picky!)
•Lots of pillows
•Fitted sheets
•A post mounted to wall to hang garment bags
•Stationary wood bench for luggage

BATH

•Clean
•Well lit
•1/2 circle shower rod
•Tile floor
•Subtle wallpaper
•Sunbean Brightsaver hairdryer with built in nightlight
•Bath products; shampoo, lotion, conditioner, etc.
•Extra large vanity
•Massage showerhead with good water pressure
•Decorative towels

NEARBY
The neighborhood seems to be reasonably safe, with usual precautions advised.

In the immediate area are: CVS, Walgreens, McDonalds, Wendy’s, Burger King, Pollo Tropical (chicken restaurant) and a gas station. Across the street from the hotel is a small strip mall (Air Park Plaza) that houses: Publix (grocery store chain that carries beer and wine), full liquor store, Don Bon, a Cuban restaurant, pizza restaurant, subway, Expo Center (Home Depot, if I had known, I might have stayed here just for that!), a shoe store, a hair and nail salon and a party store.

Needless to say we would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

The nations liberatedThe nations liberated

Padilla Cigar FactoryPadilla Cigar Factory

jewish museumjewish museum

Incrusted Dolphin SandwichIncrusted Dolphin Sandwich

Motel/Appartment in Miami Downtown

by Dominik300

Hello there,

please find below a question about 1 Motel or Appartment in Miami Downtown.
I think Miami Beach would be too expensive, isn't it?

I will travel to Miami next Wednesday by plane (25th.) and have to find a cheap accomodation until the 31st of March.

Do you know some opportunities to stay there for some days? We are 2 people and would need a double room. As far as possible within breakfast. Price shouldn't exceed 40$ a day.

Do you have an idea where I could find accomodation considering low budget??

Thanks in advance!

you can try in Craigslist

under sublet / temporary accomodations

Re: Motel/Appartment in Miami Downtown

by Homanded

Dominik, unfortunately, Miami is not a city where you will easily find hotels/apts readily available at that price.
The best perhaps, is a motel in central Miami but, be adviced that the distances then to any of the main venues are far - plus traffic is horrendous.
Your costs will go WAY up by taking taxis!
Unfortunately, Miami is not ideal when it comes to public transport.

If you're still set on downtown (pretty dead after evening falls btw), you might want to try one of the more popular search engines such as www.hotels.com or www.orbitz.com.
Either way, you would still be looking at spending a minimum of twice what you're presently looking for - around USD $100.00/night plus taxes, plus travel costs between desired points of interest.
Good luck