5101 Blue Lagoon Drive, Miami, Florida, 33126, United States

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 29% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• pginer's Profile Photo

Great views

Comfortable. Clean. Close to the airport and at around $30 from Miami Beach by taxi

Unique Quality: I had great views from my room. The other side was not that good: thell the receptionist!

• Best Amenities Of Lodging

fantastic Places To Get More Entertainment and Best And Luxury facilities at cheap rates. well decorated room and good service.

Unique Quality: internet access, swimming pool, play ground, gym,

• pocestnik's Profile Photo

Cheap rates, but still expensive...

I had an overnight in Miami, and booked this hotel because of low rates from the discount hotel services. When my flight was cancelled, I booked it for a few more nights, at what also seemed a very low rate. In the room, I realized the rates are so low because they charge you for EVERYTHING! The breakfast bar is $20/person, internet is $10/day, refrig is sealed so you can't put your own food in. What looked like complimentary bottles of water are actually marked $3.25 on closer examination. We rented a car, then were charged $10/night to park in the parking lot, even though we were hotel guests. The only thing free in the room was the coffee, which was good Lavazza, but not really enough to make up for the other charges.

But, in fairness, the rooms were great, the grounds were nice, and the location is cool, if you like watching planes land and take off.

Directions: Very close to the Airport.

More about Hilton Miami Airport

Thumbs up on the Hiton Miami Airport

by TripAdvisor Member dje

Just returned from the Hilton Miami Airport after a 2-night stay. Airport is conveniently located near the airport, about a 10 min drive. Parking costs $7.00/night for self-park, and they also have valet. Property is in great shape and is located at the end of a peninsula on what appears to be a man-made lake. Try to get the rooms facing East so you can look over the water.
Rooms are well-furnished and huge! Beds are similar to Westin's Heavenly bed and a nice touch, which I found unique, was that they eliminated the bed spreads (which I'm guessing are rarely laundered at most hotels). They have wireless high-speed internet access for $9.95/day as well. It was a bit spotty at times, but it may have been my laptop.
We didn't get a chance to explore the rest of the hotel, but it seems to be very well maintained overall.

Never Again

We stayed at the Miami Hilton overnight before flying home after returning from Costa Rica and Panama. We spent over $200 to stay someplace where we expected to get some rest and good service after a trip through Costa Rica and Panama. We wanted to be close to the airport to catch our flight the next day. There was nobody to help us with our heavy duffle bags as we got off the shuttle with our with large packs on our backs. We dragged our stuff up to check-in and nobody seemed to care that we were struggling with the luggage although we looked around for help for a while. When we finally managed to get our luggage to the room, it turned out to be a smoking room. We went back to the desk to see if we could get the non-smoking room that we had reserved and were treated rather curtly and told that there are no guarantees; no apologies or anything. My husband went to the concierge to ask why there had been no help with luggage (we were concerned about getting it back downstairs the next day) and was told that the hotel could not help us bring in our luggage because they were helping customers in the hotel (well we were customer too!). Again, we got just a lame excuse but no apologies. After cleaning up, we went to the cafe for supper where we sat for fifteen minutes before finally asking if there was a waiter who could help us. The next morning instead of getting the sleep that we were hoping for, we were waked by a maid at 7:15 who was going down the corridor banging loudly on the doors asking us if we were ready to have our rooms cleaned. So much for a reasonable sleep after hours of travel.

We travel frequently but not only would I never recommend staying at the Hilton Miami Airport; I have reservations about any Hilton because of the terrible customer service we experienced. We've stayed at many small hotels with infinitely better service.

Just what we needed

Stayed at the Miami Hilton for a one night stay on the first night of a 2 week Florida holiday and it was just what we needed. Arrived from London and wanted to have a nights rest before picking up our hire car and going on our way. Checking in was easy, and the staff were very helpful, the room was really spacious, clean and we heard no aircraft noise at all. Had a walk in the grounds which were well kept and great to stretch your legs after a flight. We ate in the restaurant which wasn;t brilliant but was certainly very satisfactory so no complaints, friendly staff too.

Poor at best

by TripAdvisor Member autumns1stangel

We stayed here as part of an overnight following a carnival cruise. We hadn't chosen this, but since Carnival couldn't get us air back on the day the cruise debarked, they put us up in the Hilton for one night. On the surface, this sounded wonderful - an extra day of vacation, right? No way! We hadn't even gotten off the bus from the pier when the representative from Hilton climbed on the bus to inform us that we wouldn't be able to check in until 3:00 PM at the earliest - it was 11:30 AM at this point. Now, I understand check-in times, etc., but my concern was with how our luggage was handled... All luggage from many cruise ships was piled into a large holding area - no claim checks, no security, etc. "Just put your stuff here and hope and pray that no one takes it - now goodbye until 3:00. Please don't let the door hit you in the behind on they way out." That's exactly how I felt we were being treated!

OK, so now having deposited our luggage in the holding area, my sons and I decided to go to the Dolphin Mall for several hours to kill time...

We come back at 3:30 to check in and now have to stand in line for a good half hour to check in since they are now trying to check in hundreds of cruise passengers with only three people on staff. Nice.

The staff in the bar was nice - after all this experience I definitely needed a drink! I liked Ian very much - nice guy.

OK, the noise! If your idea of a great hotel is one where you are awakened at irregular intervals by decibel levels that rival a heavy metal concert, then this place is paradise! I'm not joking.... I read the other reviews and don't know how they can say the noise wasn't bad - it's by far the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed at.

If I ever find myself in Miami again, I will definitely steer clear of here.

Decent but not so great

by TripAdvisor Member joparke

Check in was speedy, parking convenient enough but did not like having to pay $7.00 per day when we stayed at Summerfield suits we didn't have to pay for parking. Room was average, bathroom curtain was dirty looking but when we called housekeeping they changed it later in the day. Also the coffee mugs was stained, but they also changed that.

Pool was small and not heated, cold like ice, no one was in the water. One bartender at the pool and he also did his own run for orders therefore at any one time people would be waiting at an empty bar for service. Additionally please look out for little visitors when you are at the pool (see photo for what I mean) harmless, but not no so friendly looking.

Good points: great location, can get a decent rate with expedia if you combine flight etc, spacious, good variety at breakfast, accurate billing and good service.

Good overnight hotel

This is an ideal stop over hotel, very close to airport, quick check in, good size, clean rooms and very comfortable beds.

We had booked a room a few months before we departed but on the advice i had read on other reviews I checked rates just before we left and got a cheaper rate, approx 25% cheaper and an upgrade to an executive towers rooms.

The executive lounge is very small with not a lot of seating, it does get very crowded for breakfast. However it is worth the exra few dollars so i would recommend it.

The pool and grounds were well kept. We didn't experience much noise certainly not enough to wake us but i think it depends on where your room is.

I wouldn't want to stay more than a day or 2 but for an overnight it was good.

Thiefs work there!

Seemed like a nice hotel although a rented DVD player dissappeared between the front desk and our room off the bell cart. When I informed the Front desk, they seemed not too concerned and security dept. didnt have any answers either. Hotel manager avoided my calls and referred me to their insurance company who were even more unresponsive! I expected some reimbursement (since paying for the rented DVD player and movies ended up costing more than a $1000.00) and never even received an offer of apology, free night/meal NOTHING! The insurance company finally stated that there was nothing they could do, and this was after leaving 17 message with the agent. They have a great scam going on at this hotel, avoid it at all costs!!!

Hotel recommendations for Miami

by bandabou

Hello,

Any of you have some good recommendations for the Miami area? Close to downtown and the airport..would be great.

Thanks!

Re: Hotel recommendations for Miami

by Kethrine

The Hilton Miami Airport in Miami, Florida is the premier full service hotel near Miami International Airport and a preferred choice for business travel, Miami vacations, and convention guests.

Comments