Holiday Inn Marina Park Hotel-Port of Miami

Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown
Booking.com IHG Orbitz.com

Costs 35% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• UKDaisy's Profile Photo

Not the best of locations

The hotel was OK, the rooms were clean, and the service was OK, but the location of this hotel wasn't so great. It's in the downtown area, across the street from the Bayside leisure complex. There are restaurants in Bayside, but many are, I feel, overpriced. Self-service laundry facilities available.

If I was to go back to Miami, I would stay in the Miami Beach area.

• pulgaron's Profile Photo

Holiday Inn Marina Park Hotel...

The Holiday Inn Hotel at Bayside.
    From $84.00 to $99.00 plus 12.5% tax.

Unique Quality: This hotel is a good choice for those of you flying into Miami the day before taking a cruise. It is across from Bayside Market Place so you will have something todo that evening and the hotel staff tells me they will shuttle guests to the Port of Miami to catch their ship for free.

Directions: Biscayne Boulevard across from Bayside Market Place, Downtown Miami. 340 Biscayne Boulevard.

More about Holiday Inn Marina Park Hotel-Port of Miami

Great for pre/post cruise

We just stayed here Jan. 13, 2005 and the 17th, for pre and post cruise nights. The hotel itself was fine, typical Holiday Inn with a restaurant, a small pool and the rooms were clean. The best part of it was the location to the cruise port and mainly the Bayside Marketplace across the street. Lots of great shops and booths set up, good restaurants (Chili's and Hard Rock- and Hooters if you're into that). It's about a $25 taxi ride to the airport, and about $10 to the port. We hopped on a bus that took us to South Beach which is where the nice beaches to swim and lay out are. There's no water access from this hotel, since it's more of a marina/port type waterfront area. I'd probably stay there again, just for price and convenience, even though South Beach looks like a better place to stay for beaches and amenities (it's just a lot farther from airport and cruise port, which means more taxi $ and higher priced hotels).

Great Place

We arrived the day before our cruise was to depart and met another couple that was going to sail with us. We were allowed to check in early. The other couple had already checked in so when we arrived we asked the front desk if they could move them to adjoining rooms with us, which they did. Shopping across the street at Bayside was a good experience, lots to see, large variety at the food court other restaurants (Hard Rock. Chili’s ect.) with in walking distance. Checked out at 11:00 was effortless and Taxis were plentiful. We boarded the ship after we checked out. We plan on staying there again next year when we go on next years cruise.

Great pre-cruise Hotel!!!

by TripAdvisor Member vossjemi

We paid $105 plus tax so $115 for one night pre-cruise at this hotel on Jan 13, 2005. We booked it 8 or so months in advance and asked for a room high up overlooking the pier. We were supposed to be in Miami around 12:30 pm. Unfortunately, we had weather problems that caused flight delays and missed connections. I called the hotel to advise that we would be arriving late. We didn't end up getting there until almost midnight, and figured we'd get the worst room in the hotel since we were probably the last to arrive. The hotel was fully booked that night. However, upon arrival, we were pleasantly surprised. We were given a room on the 10th floor overlooking the pier. It was a gorgeous view at night and in the morning. Also, although we had not tied our reservations together, we were only a couple of doors down from family who traveled with us, which worked out nicely.

The hotel itself was clean and nicely decorated. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. This hotel is just across the street from Bayside Marketplace which is a great place to shop, eat, and walk around near the pier. Unfortunately, we didn't get to do that on our first day, but did a little bit before going on our cruise the next morning. This hotel is also only 3 blocks from a Walgreens to pick up any soda/water or other necessities prior to the cruise. Beware there were a lot of homeless people around when we got there at midnight, but otherwise it was a GREAT LOCATION and I would definitely stay there again!

Great place to stay before cruise

With some trepidation about the area in downtown Miami we decided to reserve a room at this refurbished Holiday Inn. Comments on this forum encouraged us. We got there two days before our cruise and had a really good time exploring the Bay Market Place and park across the street. Around the corner from the hotel is a free Metro Mover monorail which we rode in both north and south directions for a view of downtown Miami. We did not get to South Beach but it was quite accessible by taxi or bus from our location. Holiday Inn was clean and friendly. We had a great view from our ninth floor room and can recommend it as a nice place to stay if you wish to arrive early for a cruise. Price was great as we reserved many months ahead. Room was $101.00 plus tax. The area was fine to walk around. It is near little Havana which is all spanish speaking. We enjoyed breakfast at a little street cafe there. The Bay Market Place is safe at night but you wouldn't want to walk anywhere else in the area after dark. Not enough people around. All in all we had a great stay. Nothing negative.

Doing it all over again

by TripAdvisor Member keysha

We(group of 10) stayed here October 2, 2004 before we boarded the Explorer of the Sea's the next day. Most of us arrived at the hotel before 2:00pm and rooms were ready for some of us, and Maria was really generous to the one's who's rooms were not ready. She ended up giving all of us rooms that faced the port, so we could see our ship pull in that morning. We paid $83.99+tax for our rooms and it was wonderful. They offer a nice breakfast in the morning for additional cost.

This year we are doing a cruise in August and we are already booked at the HI once again, I guess it is the second time around

Nice hotel for the price, clean and quiet

by TripAdvisor Member xaby

This was a nice hotel for the price. This hotel is an older hotel but the rooms have been recently updated and are clean and modern. The room was small but sufficient with nice appointments. The bathroom was clean and even had a granite sink. The location of the hotel is good, it is right across the street from the basketball stadium and a nice shopping area. Would stay here again.

Clean and calm in a bustling metropolis

by TripAdvisor Member WALKERC

My 9 year old daughter and I stayed here for one night after a cruise. I rated this hotel above average because it was nicer than I expected for a typical Holiday Inn or comparable hotel. It was very clean and comfortable. They let us check in early--about 10:00 because we arrived immediately after disembarking from the cruise ship.

My package included a $20 breakfast allowance which we used on the breakfast buffet because the cinnamon roll french toast they advertised was not available during the two mornings we were there. However, it is my understanding that the hotel was booked up solid until the day we checked in (Spring Break and Easter Weekend) so it's possible they ran out of the cinnamon roll french toast. It really looked good on the menu though.

The room was very clean and cool. (Our previous hotel, the Fairfield Inn Airport South was quite the opposite. It was dark and dingy.) We had views of the Bayside Mall across the street and the cruise ships in the background until they departed. (We sadly looked upon the Majesty of the Seas which we had spent our weekend on.)

Cabs were pretty abundant until we were rushing to catch our flight the next day. However, we took a cab the first day to South Beach and back--cost was roughly $15 each way). The following morning we caught the bus to the Aventura Mall which was typical of a large mall. The bus ride was approxiamtely 1.5 hours. On the way back, we learned how to catch the express bus , but we were still rushing to get to the airport.

My only problem is that the hotel would not honor a late check-out of 2:00 p.m. I felt it was the attitude the desk clerk I asked because the hotel clearly was not half full so I felt they could have accommodate us. But I could not complain because they clearly gave us an early check-in. I just felt so misplaced without having a room to go back to. We locked our luggage up with the bell station and proceeded to the mall to hang out for the entire day. Keep in mind the clerk was not rude, just not accomodating!

Oh, one other thing, I was unable to print my boarding pass because there was a problem with the internet service the hotel offered. But had it been working, it was a great free service that they offer--to use the internet for free. So don't forget to print your boarding passes and seat assignments.

Other than not receiving the late check-out, our stay was good and I would not hesitate to stay there again when I take another cruise out of Miami--which I am sure I will.

Room with a view!

by TripAdvisor Member DeniseH

We stayed at this hotel beginning of March 2005. Taking the advise of previous reviews we asked for a view of the port.
We were lucky enough to have our request granted and the view was worth the accomodation price alone.
The hotel staff were very friendly, efficient and helped with any questions asked.
The location was also ideal, close to Bayside Market and only a short taxi ride to South Beach.
When we return to Miami we will definitely stay here again.

Hotel close to American Airlines Arena in Miami?

by Snowdonia

Hello. We will be attending an evening event at the American Airlines Arena in Miami and are looking for a nice hotel within walking distance to the Arena. Is this a bad idea or impossible? If not walking distance, then just a recommendation for a nice fairly upscale hotel nearby. Thanks.

by donato1899

The Hotel Intercontinental is very close. I see it every time I go to AAA. It looks fabulous and expensive.

by pulgaron

Check out the Holiday Inn Marina Park, details in my Miami Web page.
That's the closest hotel to the arena. It is across the street from it, and Bayside.

by bfborroto

Your best bet is the Intercontinental. Good location and upscale. You might be able to get a good rate.

by DavidUK

I'm in the Clarion at the moment (off Biscayne Blvd) not too bad and close for the stadium.

Comments