400 South East Second Ave, Miami, Florida, 33131-2197, United States

Satisfaction Average

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 32% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Spectacular Views

I will definitely recommend this hotel! The staff at this hotel are willing to go above and beyond to see that the guest are well taken care of. I stayed at this hotel July 21-24. When we first got to the suite, we had a "major" incident!! However maintenance came right up and made our "major" incident seem so "minor." We thought we were going to be charged for the incident but maintenance just said "accidents happen." We were so grateful!! Then the next morning we go eat breakfast in the beautiful restuarant and the server informs us that my breakfast was on her; however my boyfriend had to pay for his!! Wow!! what a sweet lady. We were absolutely fine with paying for one breakfast. These are just two examples of how the staff at this hotel goes out of its way to may the guest feel right at home. If anyone is ever in downtown Miami and needs a hotel, STAY AT HYATT REGENCY MIAMI!!!! Oh by the way, yes parking is high however the valet drivers make you feel like a queen each time you pull up. Plus a lot of them are really cute :)

Unique Quality: Views from this hotel are BEAUTIFUL!!!!

• Noisy Concrete Jungle

I stayed here for 4 nights because of a convention. The room was large but the bathrom betrayed the age of the property as it was slightly larger than a closet. The usual amenities were missing: no fridge inthe room, no paper in the morning. The hotel only had one restaurant and the neighborhood is ot conducive to walking off site. The pool was the size of a postage stamp. The view of Biscayne Bay is now obscured with condominium construction. In fact, you could have a converstaion with the construction workers. Between the traffic noise, airport noise and bridge openings, the room (15th floor) is very noisy. Parking is $27 per day and a taxi to South Beach is $25.

Unique Quality: Close to the convention center.

Directions: Concrete jungle

• bpwarne's Profile Photo

...Wow!! What a deal!!

Two night stay Dec 7-9, 2003
    Hotel staff was very efficient and courteous at check in and credited us mileage points on our Virgin Airlines account. The staff were also very nice and helpful regarding our lost luggage (not their problem, the airline lost it). Room was nice, recently renovated. We were on the 6th floor. I have read about the constant noise from the drawbridge, but we did not experience it even though it was within plain sight and we did see it operating a couple times. The Metro Mover transit is available right within the hotel/convention complex and is most convienent (and free) to go downtown or to the BaySide Mall. We used it many times during our stay. We did not eat at any of the hotels restaurants (there are two I think). We ate breakfast at a bakery just a block north of the hotel and it was excellent and extremely cheap. They had specialty coffees, eggs prepared many different ways and a large selection of baked goods. Parking at the hotel is valet and was $20/day with unlimited access. We were extremely pleased with this hotel and would definetly return. I do not see how anyone could complain at the price we paid ($35/night through Priceline)

Directions: 400 South East Second Avenue,
    Miami, Florida, USA 33131-2197

• Enjoyed our stay ....

We stayed in a Regency Club suite on the top floor for one night following a cruise.

We had requested an early check in time and when we showed up at 12pm they advised our room was ready. The room was very nice and having access to the Regency Club area was great for tea/coffee/drinks plus a continental breakfast.

The location was fairly central and the Bayside Markets were only a 10 min walk.

We managed to get the room half price (approx $187 plus tax) and at that price it was reasonable value for money – if we had to pay any extra we would say there are better alternatives.

More about Hyatt Regency Miami

A Great Stay at Hyatt Regency Miami

I thought this hotel was beautiful. We had a great view, the room was very trendy and it was easy to get around. The staff was very friendly and helpful to my needs.

Mixed feelings of Hyatt Miami

by TripAdvisor Member Selihlah

Ok, my husband and I stayed at the Hyatt Regency Miami last week and honestly I could not say whether I liked the hotel or not. First of all, one of the problems we found when we got there was the location. Its literally almost in the middle of downtown Miami. If you're looking to stay in a relaxing hotel with the beach close by this is not the place. Unless you don't mind the noise of traffic and boats going back and forth in Biscayne Bay, this hotel is really not for you. I have to say, it was not what we expected. Like other reviews have said, the outside noise feels like it is right in your room. Since the hotel is practically located in the Convention Center, the lobby area gets really busy at night. This can be good or bad. The parking lot is a bit of a walk and its $12/day with no In or Out priviliges. Besides this we really liked our room, (eventhough we had to complain to be moved, because we paid for a suite and they gave us a room with the view of some building). After that mishap, we were happy with the room. The staff was very helpful and nice. Next time I got to Miami, I don't think I'll return to the Hyatt Regency. It just wasn't what we were looking for. I wouldn't recommend it either, unless you don't mind the little things I listed above.

Just okay

by TripAdvisor Member Mid40sTravellers

We stayed here for one night after a cruise. I got a reduced rate using my "Entertainment" card.

I agree it is noisy on the bridge side of the hotel, which is where we were. If you are a light sleeper, as I am, bring earplugs. The king size bed was very comfortable. Although the room seemed clean enough, my husband noticed a gross layer of mold under the lip of the sink. The toilet felt like it was about to fall off the wall. The room seemed a little run down in some respects.

We did like the amenities. Try the "Tortilla Soup" in the Riverside cafe, it was delicious. We walked to the Bayside Mall and spent most of the afternoon there. If you are into electronics there are a ton of stores along 2nd Street.

I would not pay full rate for this place but would stay again if I got a cut rate.

Ok but noisy

by TripAdvisor Member cybrguys

This would be a great motel if it was sound proofed. The motel was clean the front desk very helpful and the people mover right there is just great but we were on the 15th floor and the outside noise sounded like it was in our room. when the people in the next room would cough you could even hear that that is my only complaint about the motel THE NOISE

Nice enough hotel - Inconvenient location

by TripAdvisor Member przyk

I stayed at this hotel for a business conference. When I checked in I mentioned having read the reviews about noise problems. I was given a room on the 19th floor with a "city view". It was very quiet on that side. The hotel was clean and service was acceptable.

The hotel is in a bad location for walking, not dangerous, just inconvenient. The lobby exits onto a rather steep hill and there is a freeway entrance that you have to cross to walk anywhere. We finally found an inside walkway to the Bank of America building that got us under the freeway. You can access the People mover train, which gives a free ride around downtown Miami.

The pool is located next to the noisy bridge that is mentioned in other reviews. Not a very peaceful place for relaxation.

I did not eat in the hotel. I found cheap breakfast and lunch within a block or 2. Evenings were spent at Bayfront, about a 6 block walk or short ride on the People mover.

Mice and Roach!

I was there attending a CHIC conference and was flabbergasted when I saw six mice in the Regency Ballroom having a fieldday during a speech. The other was the roach in my closet . Not good for a hotel that i had so much expectation for! The employees ballroom were mostly hispanics and sometimes maintained their native tongue if the do not want to help you. That is also unfortunate for an ENGLISH speaking nation. The only thing that was reasonable was the price.

Comments