La Quinta Inn Miami Airport East

3501 NW Le Jeune Road, (formerly Baymont Inn), Miami, Florida, 33142, United States

La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East
Booking.com Orbitz.com LQ.com

Rated 19% higher but also costs 29% more than other 2 star hotels

• JessieLang's Profile Photo

So convenient for airport passengers

This hotel just minutes from the airport. The property isn't new, but it is clean and well maintained. Rooms are very well insulated--you can hear the planes overhead if you listen, but it is just a low hum, and didn't bother me at all. (Outside is another story--they pass right over the swimming pool.)

Rooms are equipped with coffee pots, irons, ironing boards, and all the usual conveniences. AC, of course. The reception staff is helpful. Checkout time was long before I needed to be at the airport, so they extended checkout time for an hour, and then held my luggage for me while I relaxed in the lobby or in a lounge chair at poolside.

They do not have an on-site restaurant, but there is at least one within a short walking distance, and there are menus in the room for several restaurants that deliver to the hotel.

I stayed here one night at each end of my November trip, and I will stay here again if flight schedules require an overnight stay as I pass through Miami

Unique Quality: Why I like this hotel:

Location -- No long drive to or from the airport

Their shuttle -- It runs every 1/2 hour from 5 a.m. to 11 p.m.

An expanded continental breakfast is included in the room rate--The usual carbohydrates and beverages, plus boiled eggs, fresh waffles, yogurt, fruit.

More about La Quinta Inn Miami Airport East

Aweful and dishonest

by TripAdvisor Member bunbun8

We are frequent travellers and this is our worst experience and unacceptable for a brand named hotel like this: LA QUINTA INN MIAMI AIRPORT EAST and ours is a prepaid rbooking through our travel agency before our trip.

The service of the hotel is aweful and dishonest. She failed to fulfill the contract for room arrangement eventhough I had settled the full payment with the travel agent beforehand and obtained the reservation number on the voucher. When I and my friend arrived the hotel at 23:00 hours on 1st December 2007( one night before our cruise day), the receptionist refused to give us a room by making silly excuse. I have reason to believe the hotel was over-booked and my room was given to someone who arrived ealier. In fact, we had a terrible experience to look for alternative hotels but all the hotels in the vincinity were full.

we were so disappointed and upset for all this unexpected experenice.

Vincent Lai

Good Hotel for those going on a Cruise

by TripAdvisor Member Diva3

We stayed at the hotel for one night prior to our cruise. There is a shuttle bus that provides free transportation from Miami airport to the hotel. We called the hotel upon arrival and let them know our arrival gate and they picked us up in about 5-10 minutes. We arrived at the hotel around 6 and check in was very fast. Let them know that you will need transporation to the port and they will let you know what times they have available for pick up.
The room was very basic, yet clean. No frills: two beds, tv, desk and bathroom. Of course, since the airport is nearby, there was some plane noise, but it seemed to ease up around 11 that night.
Bennigan's Restaurant is within walking distance (basically in the hotel's parking lot) and we went there for dinner.
There is a small dining area off from the lobby which offers for breakfast: breads, rolls, pastries, cereal, (make it yourself) waffles and various juices and coffee. Again, very basic, and just enough to get your day started.
The transporation from the hotel to the port was on time and got us to the port in about 25 minutes.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place to stay pre-cruise, in the event the hotels closer to the port are booked. We got the room for $115 - AAA rate and estimated we saved about $50 in transporation costs by using the hotel's free shuttle services from the airport and to the port.
I had also looked at the Days Inn Airport and was quite frankly scared after reading the reviews from other Trip Advisors. Again, a good place for the pre-cruiser. If you have any questions, let me know, always happy to help.

A standard airport hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member Steve028

Let's face it, you wouldn't choose this type of hotel for a vacation but you would if you wanted to catch a plane. Not a particularly good
part of town with views of parking lots, highways and planes landing.
However, we found the rooms to be clean, staff friendly, rates goods and Bennigans a good place to eat. Staff were more than happy to let us chill out at the pool after checking out before setting off for the airport.

Clean and convenient

by TripAdvisor Member tobbe1976

Me and my wife stayed three nights in may 2007.
Booked online on the LaQuinta Inn site.

Good:
-Quiet, despite aircrafts overhead.
-Spacious room and big comfortable bed (king size).
-Washbasin in room instead of in the bathroom
-Good breakfast
-Good location if you have a car
-Clean and felt new
-Free wifi in the room

Bad:
-No public transportation from the location, need car!
-It was a bit hard to find (might be due to all roadwork being done in the area)
-Not much to see/do in the immediate area

Nice, economical, convenient, great staff

by TripAdvisor Member doctor998

This was great for our family of 4 arriving day prior to leaving on Cruise ship. Unbelievable value.... included was FREE transport from airport to hotel , FREE shuttle next day to port of Miami and FREE great continental breakfast in morning. ( the usual plus waffles, cold juices, bagels, coffee, all types of milk...skim, whole, chocolate etc)

Please be patient with shuttle arriving because the roads around airport are under construction and it takes 10 minutes to get there 1 mile away. Call as soon as you get bags to reduce wait time for shuttle.

Benigans restaurant is a 1 minute walk out front door.(Good food, 2 for 1 drinks on weekends).

The hotel is older but very well maintained. Pool is relatively small but very usable and clean. You can watch the planes take off from pool.. Curiously, this is quiet hotel so close to airport. There was no problem with noise. Bilingual staff was courteous and helpful with minor issue we had.

This not the 5 star hotel for your 25 th anniversary; however, for overnight prior to cruise, at very reasonable rate it is outstanding. my total bill for 4 adults , including tax was $ 88.00.

In Love with La Quninta

by TripAdvisor Member travelbug031

This place was wonderful and more than I expected.
The staff was very helpful, courtious and professional
The room was clean, it smelled nice, the pool was clean, the shuttle (free) from the airport to the hotel was efficiant, and the driver was very pleasant. My husband and I had to go to Miami for a one night stay as we had a medical appointment. We are going back in December (2007) for a medical procedure and I will be staying there while my husband is in the hospital. I can't say enough nice things about this place. If you have to rely on a taxi like we did, there's not much around within walking distance, but a Bennigans. Even that was nice. For the time it took me to research hotels in Miami on Hotels dot com, I was very glad I booked this hotel. You will be too. Keep in mind, it's a standard hotel not a Hilton, so don't expect Five star ammenities. If you want a clean place to stay, this it the place. It should actually get a three or four star rating in my book.

Nice people, average hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Elmer&Lizette

This hotel is lined up with the runway, so be aware. During the night there were hardly any planes but until 11pm and in the early morning you will hear big jets flying over the hotel. But then again: this is an airport hotel.

The hotel lies in an odd neighbourhood. Because of all the road construction that is going on, it looks like a war zone. A restaurant in front of the hotel is closed so the entrance to the hotel gives you the creeps. Front desk is very helpfull and nice.
The east side location makes this hotel an alternative for a hotel in downtown miami.

Rooms are good. Beds are comfortable. Constantly papers with advertisements of restaurants being pushed under your door.

an airport stle hotel

by TripAdvisor Member canadian8

Like most reviews state this hotel is great for a short stay eg. cruise out of Miami ( that's why I used it ) . Stayed here 12/21 and 12/28 2007 before and after our cruise . The staff are great and you get picked up and dropped off at the airport by the hotels free shuttle bus , you also can get a free shuttle to the Port of Miami if your going on a cruse but you cannot get picked up at the end of your cruise . Also many rental car locations are within walking distance to this hotel . So after your cruise ends take a rental companies shuttle back to the hotel area to rent a car . Also Bennigan's Grill & Tavern is next door so you really don't need to go far to get some fast food.and they also have the standard morning breakfast setup , toast , muffins , cereal etc. You also get wireless Internet free if you bring your laptop
The only negative things I can say about this hotel are
1-lack of fridge in room
2- the beds we slept in were pretty uncomfortable for my wife and I . lumpy and no support . The other couples that were in our party and also stayed here had no problem with the beds so maybe it was just us????
3- the rooms could use an update , the hotels website claims "Newly renovated rooms" . I didn't get one of them
The room was booked using Expedia , the rate was 130 CDN a night .

Miami airport hotel

by peterh116

Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced hotel on or near Miami airport with a shuttle (free?)to Miami Port

by cgf

I would change where to search, probably it is easier to find an hotel (reasonably or not prived) close to port with shuttle (free?) from/to airport/port then viceversa.

by cochinjew

agree with above.
Miami port is near downtown but you would need a shuttle or a taxi to get there. airport is about 10-15 km away. Lot of times, the cruise people will pick you up at the airport and take you the port. in which case you could stay at a hotel near the airport and then come back to the airport and go with the crowd to the port. a friend of mine got a great deal at Wyndhams near the airport at the last minute.com or hotwire.com
most of the hotels near the airport are reasonably priced. there is a hotel right on the airport which is slightly more expensive.
It would be good if the cruise agency will pick you up the next day at the airport which would lessen a lot of hassles and then you can be at the pick up point at the time of appointed after lunch/etc .

by YVRDave

You should look for a less expensive hotel and take a cab or raise your budget $20

by grandmaR

It doesn't matter where you stay - even close to the port I don't think there are hotels with Miami shuttles to the dock. I could be wrong about that though. If you can't find a hotel with a shuttle to the port, then take a hotel with a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel.

The only thing I know is that we rented a car from Dollar, and turned it in and they had a shuttle to the airport. BTW, the rental car places for the airport are not actually ON the airport property.

So if you come in the day before, get the airport shuttle to the rental car place, rent a car and go to a good motel where-ever, and then the next morning drop off your bags at the ship and then turn in the car and take the shuttle to the dock.

by JessieLang

I can suggest a good hotel by the airport. They have a free shuttle to and from the airport, and a free breakfast. I don't think they go to the port with their shuttle, but it says the port is 8 miles away.

La Quinta Inn, Miami Airport East - at 3501 N.W. Le Jeune Rd - 1-(800) 753-3757

by cgf

I've been at La Quinta mentionated.. it could be fine for one night and you arrive late.

by Robin922

Days of free shuttles to the port are pretty much gone. However there are a lot of hotels near the airport that have airport shuttles and are reasonable priced.

As for getting to the ship, take the hotel shuttle back to the airport, and grab a flat rate cab for $24

As for hotels I like the Holiday Inn Express. Average hotel rate, free internet and free breakfast. I've also enjoyed the long stay hotels on 7th.

reference link: