3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

Expedia.com Travelocity Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Rated 22% lower than similarly priced 3.5 star hotels

• Great Airport Hotel

We stayed at the MIA Airport Hotel for one evening on 2/2/08. We had read mixed reviews, so were a little apprehensive, but our fears were unfounded. The location could not be better if you are awaiting a connecting flight, or in our case a next day flight. The front desk was efficient, and check in was quick and easy. We received a newly renovated room with king bed, and lovely bath. Though the room is smaller, it was fine for the one night. The bed was the best...super plush and comfortable.

In the morning we went down and checked in for our flight early, allowing us to receive exit row seats. We then went to the upper floor of the hotel to their restaurant for a leisurely breakfast. Food was fine, and service was prompt. It was a perfect way to continue our trip.

Unique Quality: We could not hear one flight arrive or take off, though we could look out the window at the runway!

Directions: Right inside the main Miami terminal.

• UKDaisy's Profile Photo

Exceeded our expectations

We had to fly to Miami to change flights to get to our destination of Orlando. However, our American Airlines flight was delayed, and by the time we got to Miami, our Orlando flight had already departed, and AA were unable to book us onto another flight until the next day. So they offered us a room at the Miami International Airport Hotel. No transportation was even required as the hotel was right in the centre of the airport!!! We were expecting our rooms to be really run down and dirty, so was very surprised when we got there. The decor of the room was very dated, but it was surprisingly very very clean!!! The front desk staff were also very pleasant.

• balisunshine's Profile Photo

As a last choice, try the MIA HOTEL

There is only one hotel in the actual airport.
    It is located on the 2nd level at Concourse E.

It can be a last option if,
    you really don’t plan to visit Miami at all
    and all you are looking for is to chill in between flights.

The also boasts a roof top swimming pool and gym,
    an indoor bar on the 8th floor with amazing views of the runway,
    and a restaurant on the 7th floor
    which can be an alternative choice for a place to hang out
    for those who have a long ‘day’ layover
    and don’t want to check into a room.

The hotel was under a
    very much needed renovation
    at the time of my visit.

Prices range about:

$139 plus tax for a double
    $119 plus tax for a single

Unique Quality: Good if you just want to get some rest
    and leave after.

Directions: NW 20th St & Le Jeune Rd
    Airport Terminal, 2nd Floor Concourse E

• mafootje's Profile Photo

It's right next to the runway

It supposed to be a one night stay paid with hotel points at this hotel. However Continental decided to change their schedule on a saturday so we where forced to fly earlier and decided to stay here for 2 days. We called Marriott and the arranged the extra day quick and correct. Upon our arrival at Miami airport we took the free hotel shuttle and went to check in. The hotel was one of tree Marriott chain hotels the others where Marriot and a Courtyard. All hotels where fully booked the night of our arrival. Despite the fact there was a line to check in we could use the Marriott member line, which wasn't there. The room was basic as a Fairfield usually is everything was clean and in working order.

Continental breakfast was very good, all sorts of fresh bread, juices cofee and so on, one of the better included continental breakfast we had during all our trips.

If you can't stand airplane noise don't stay here you are really right next to the runway and planes fly late and start early.

All in all a good stay, down site was the fact that the folio we received in our room included paying for the second night which was paid with points. At the reception the corrected this but then they put one night for half price on my name and one for half price for my wive, ussually no problem but since Continental would pay for our first night we wanted it all on the first night, and now the desk clerk got irritated, she did changed it but the friendliness was gone....

Unique Quality: The hotel has a pool and outdoor jaccuzi, breakfast is served outside, when the weather is inclement they serve it inside the lobby (which is very small), during our visit weather was great so we could enjoy it outside. It also has tennis courts, fitness room and arcade onsite.

Parking costs around $ 10,00 per night (first time for us that we had to pay for parking at an airport hotel).

Picture taken december 4, 2004

Directions: Take LeJeune Road South Exit. Hotel is approximately 1 mile on the left hand side.

• Excellent Airport Hotel

Stayed while on a pleasure trip. Excellent room service. Great airport shuttle service. Wonderful & helpful employees. Beautiful pool area. Nice resturant & bar.

Unique Quality: The staff is very plesant & helpful. The hotel is a little bit better quality; than most Marriott properties.

Directions: Airport area (about 3 minutes). 20 min. from South Beach. Can walk to some resturants and shopping.

More about Miami International Airport Hotel

Accommodation near Miami Airport

by kiwigal_1 about Marriot Hotel Miami Airport

I stayed here with my friend Niki on my way through Miami on the way to Honduras. On my return trip I went to their place in Naples, Florida which is featured on the Naples page. All I remember is that the hotel had a pool but being a large international hotel I am sure it had many other amenities also!

A bad option even in an updated room

by TripAdvisor Member Jan11

I stayed here with a friend in mid-February because, like most people who'd choose this, we had an early flight. Neither of us could believe what this hotel provides (virtually nothing) for what it charges (a lot). We had an updated room, so we didn't have the grossness problems. However, this hotel's idea of classy is to cover one entire wall of a very small room with floor to ceiling mirrors. Oh, please! To whom are these people catering? We were surprised there weren't mirrors on the ceiling.

Believe it or not, this place doesn't even provide its guests with a cup of coffee in the morning. I mean, you'd be hard put to find a seedy motel that didn't realize THAT was de rigeur!

We had booked a room for the end of our trip as well but cancelled it when we realized what this hotel thinks is adequate service. We stayed, instead, in Coral Springs--about 15 minutes away and an inexpensive cab ride--at a darling place for much less money (even considering the cab fares back and forth). That's what I'd recommend!

Great option for late arrival

by TripAdvisor Member SStephens

My husband and I stayed at this hotel recently prior to a cruise. Our plane was late so we did not get into Miami until 1:45 a.m. It was nice to not have to deal with getting trasportation to an offsite hotel. We just gathered our luggage, took an elevator up one floor and we were there! The staff members were friendly and helpful. The room was clean, quiet, comfortable, and updated. I highly recommend this hotel to travelers with late night or early morning flights.

Don't stay here

by TripAdvisor Member lgfromdg

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone flying in to Miami on an early flight. We arrived at 11:00am and were told we couldn't even register until check-in time of 3:00pm (turns out they rent out "day rooms" for travelers with long waits) . When I asked if they could hold our luggage, I was told it was against the rules, but we could use the airport luggage storage service, which charged $5-7 per bag. However, once I signed up for a tour of Miami through the hotel at a price of $50 per person, all of a sudden they could hold my luggage for me. The tour was not worth even half of what I paid for it. The staff at this hotel was among the most unaccomodating and unfriendly I have ever run into. The room was very worn and the hair dryer didn't work. My suggestion would be to stay at another near-by hotel.

pleasant experience after bad Trip Advisor reviews

by TripAdvisor Member wildlife

I had already made reservations for three nights (not consecutive) during a 2 1/2 week period in March, when I almost cancelled out of fear having read some very bad reviews on Trip Advisor. I had two very short layovers between flights, and the convenience of not having to get a shuttle and waste time was very important. I had read a couple of comments that said to ask for a renovated room, so I contacted the hotel and they promised me renovated rooms on all three stays. And Guess What?!! They lived up to their word, and all the rooms I stayed in on the three separate occasions were great. Very comfortable beds,
lovely decor and some extra amenities like a magnifying mirror and a phone in the bathroom. The room service was excellent also. They are not done renovating yet, so you really need to emphasize that you want a renovated room. You won't be sorry.
The only negatives were slow check in and check out.

Miami Airport Hotel

by snackster

I am looking for somewhere decent to crash for one night near the airport after a flight from the UK. I've seen a Sofitel listed as being near the aiport. Can anybody recommend this - I just want a comfortbale, relatively quiet night) or anywhere similiar/better?

thanks

by donato1899

The Sofitel is very close to the airport. It is located just across the airport expressway from the runways. It is a nice clean safe hotel.I don't know about airplane or traffic noise, but the planes do not land over the hotel. It is south of the airport and the runways are mostly east-west.

by snackster

Thanks for the reply Donato!

by 2worldtravelers

We have always used Comfort Inn & Suites Miami Airport. Check Google for
complete rundown and e-mail them for prices.
They shuttle via van from airport most hours. Decent breakfast, clean and secure.

by snackster

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated!

by snackster

Has anyone stayed at the Clarion Las Palmas near the airport?

Comments