Opera Suites & Marina

Terrible (1.0 out of 5.0) 1 review

Tags

Theme Park Trips
See Amenities

Get away from this place

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 12, 2010

After reading so many good reviews I decided to go to Opera Suites in Miami. In fact I got an awesome rate of U$ 139 + tx for a 2 bedroom suite at easyclicktravel. Check in was fine, very fast. I was travelling with one pregnant wife, one 2 year old child, my mother in law and my brother in law. As soon as arrive in the hotel I asked from someone's help to get the bags to the room. We had 10 bags and the front desk women said that there was nobody to help but I could borrow the cart from the security office. Well, the security said that there was no cart available and I had to get all the bags by myself to the 39th floor. As soon as I enter the room I was expecting the amazing view as everybody are stating in the reviews but they gave me a city view room, looking to the MIA airport....ugly view....The room was nice, I cannot tell the contrary because I would be lie but, there was no towels, no trash, not enough pillows... I went to the kitchen and there was nothing....no glasses, no plates no forks no nothing....the sink food processor was broken with food like Japanese sushi floating in the dirty water...very disgusting. Why you need a kitchen without appliances and utensils? If you decide to rent this apart hotel you must go somewhere to buy all stuff
I went to the front desk (by that time I was having fever of 39C due a virosis) and ask for someone to help. The women said that they could move to another room, another one at floor 41 but with the same city view. I said no, I wouldn't move all bagas by myself again alone and I could wait the next day for someone to help us with the food processor. I got back to the room to take a shower and guess what? There was no curtain in the main bathroom. Again I went back to the front desk (if you can call it a front desk) and asked again for a curtain. OK, they just put it. We went to sleep at night and tried to close the window shield. Guess what? It was broken....I didn't want to wake up with the sun in my face neither sleep using sunscreen lotion so I got back again to the front desk and the women gave me the key of apartment 4115 (we were on 3715). We went there to check, and gues what? Windows shield also broken. Ok what should I do? I called again asking for an extra blanket so I could cover part of the window.
Second day I was ecpecting someone to fix the food processor and the window shield. Guess what? Nobody fixed anything....
The poing is, this is not a hotel and will never be this way. If you like dogs this is probablu the best place to go. I have never see so many dogs in my life, neither in a pet shop, all kind. I love dogs but when my brother in law went to the swimming pool area to see the hotel infrastructure someone throw feces (brown water) through the window and almost hit him. This has happened exactly in the same side of our balcony. As soon as he got back to the room he told me this and we opened the balcony and the brow water smelling feces had also hit our balcony. We just closed the balcony but the smell was already in the room. It least for the whole day...I prefer to believe that someone throw animal waste, instead of human feces. Again I went to the front desk and told them this and guess what? They told me that they would make something to fix it...
If I would make the reservation through the hotel website I would leave in the next day to any days inn in the area but unfortunately I had already paid for 4 nights.
I'm not used to stay at Ritz Carlton and Four Season but this is one of the most disgusting places I've been in my life. I've been at so many good places in Miami as The National, The Palms Hotel, Metropole (a must), Sisty Sixty Resort and Opera is the worst by far.....Runaway from here if you can.

Unique Quality: nothing

• Swimming Pool
  • Fitness Center
  • Pets Allowed

Miami Travel Forum

Need advice about Miami, Florida? Visit the Travel Forum for Miami and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Miami hotel reviews