100 SE 4th Street, Miami, Florida, 33131, United States
Booking.com CheapTickets.com Tingo.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 41% less but rated 49% lower than other 3 star hotels

More about Miami

Night view towards downtown in the far distanceNight view towards downtown in the far distance

Another interesting take on Latin American muralsAnother interesting take on Latin American murals

Entrance to BaysideEntrance to Bayside

SweetbreadsSweetbreads

Help/advice needed!!! :: Travelling from Miami to Kennedy Space Center

by pingerrain

I'll be travelling to Miami from Singapore for a cruise to Bahamas and will be extending 4 days in Miami after my cruise in Feb 2011, but I didn't really want to just spend 4 days shopping with my mates.
I am hoping to travel up north to visit the Kennedy Space Center (KSC) but after some searching online, I can't find a suitable route there. I don't drive, that's the thing.
The bus that goes from Miami to Orlando takes 3 hours and with that I won't be able to catch those tour buses (I see those on Viator or GoOrlando) that goes to KSC. Those tour buses departs from Orlando at 7:30am and the tours takes 11 hours.

I am hoping to do KSC in 1 day including the 3 hour ride up and down Orlando.
Is it possible?
I really need help and advice on this please!!!
Thanks!

by grandmaR

It is over 200 miles from Miami to Titusville which is about the closest to KSC. There is a bus that goes to Titusville from Miami, but it takes 5 hours, so I don't think that's a viable option for a day trip. I think if you want to do the GoOrlando or some similar tour it would be best to take a really early flight from Miami to Orlando. It will be a LONG day.

by Lhenne1

Here are two other options for getting from Miami to Orlando/KSC. Like the last person noted, it is a long drive, so you may want to consider staying the night in Orlando, but it can be done in a day (you can sleep on the bus :) ).

You mentioned taking the "official" tour, which is 11 hours, but the last time I did KSC my friends and I did the general admission tour and it was much shorter than 11 hours. There are guided tours of the facilities that depart every 15 minutes and take you around the grounds. When you finish that, you can check out the museums and exhibits they have in the main visitors center. That may help you make more efficient use of your time.

Here's the info on the facilities tour: http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/ksc-tours.aspx

by pingerrain

Actually I also wish to just cover KSC within half a day.
But being a non-driver, the transportation is a headache.
Only these tour buses get into the facility (correct me if I am wrong) and majority the buses have an itinerary.

If so, anyone knows how I can get there on my own then?
I am considering the overnight option as so far there is no way I can just cover KSC and get back to Miami within a day.

by pingerrain

Actually I also wish to just cover KSC within half a day.
But being a non-driver, the transportation is a headache.

If so, anyone knows how I can get there on my own then?

Travel Tips for Miami

Celebrites everwhere !

by venteeocho

Miami Vice with actor Don Johnson became a hit television show, and around the same time a photographer ventured onto the top of one of Ocean Drive's Art Deco hotels for a Calvin Klein "Obsession" photo shoot. Both events helped renew interest in South Beach and it soon became the destination of choice for fashion shoots and films. Sharon Stone, Sylvester Stallone, Wesley Snipes, Marisa Tomei, Angelica Houston, Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Woods, Jamie Lee Curtis, Whitney Houston, Kevin Costner and Sean Connery have all appeared in films shot in Miami in recent years. Fashion and commercial photo shoots are commonplace throughout South Beach.

During the day, models, vintage cars, Harleys, and rollerbladers of all ages parade past tourists who are relaxing and people watching from one of Ocean Drive's many outdoor cafes. By night, the clubs sizzle. Walking on Ocean Side I meet Bruce Campbell,
very nice guy.

sit on South Beach at sunrise;...

by miromi

sit on South Beach at sunrise; ride the 50 cent rollercoaster Monorail that looks like something out of Barbarella; hang around downtown by the Brasilian cafeteria and look at all the knickknacks; wear brilliant flourescent colors; dodge all the limosines full of coked up supermodels driving up and down Washingtone avenue

Tip is Included In Bill

by ukmagicman

Check your bill at restaurants and bars to make sure you do not double tip. Everywhere we went, even bars, included gratuity in the bill. The amount added changed from place to place ranging anywhere from 12 to 18% - so you do not really get a chance to tip based upon how good the service actually was.

Even when we got drinks in a bar, we found out when we asked for the bill that the tip had been added in to the price he had told us (even though their drinks list says tipping is optional)

AAArena Home of the Miami Heat

by mafootje

We have seen this Arena being build, when we where there in 1999. The signs told us it would open on December 31, 1999 with a concert by Gloria Estefan.

It really looked they never where going to make that that but they did. The amount of seats range from 16,000 to 19,600 when the Miami Heat is playing.

When there are concerts or other events it can house from 5,000 to 20,000 people.

Picture taken june 2000

Well take a good spirit with you doesn't matter if your attending a concert or a Miami Heat game.

Whether you're here to soak up...

by la_beba

Whether you're here to soak up the sun on one of Florida's finest beaches or ride the waves that made this the surfing hotspot of the East Coast, you'll find that this is an exciting place to spend your vacation. You can find quiet seclusion or fast-paced excitement here, whether it's at the Speedway, on the beach or at one of the area's many points of interest. If you dream of riding the waves, you've come to the right place. The smooth sand and Atlantic surf combine to make this one of the premier surfing spots on the East Coast. In addition to surfing, you'll find a host of water activities including jet skiing, windsurfing, boating, river cruises, and parasailing. Try one of the scenic boat rides available in the area. The Atlantic Ocean and the Halifax River provide anglers with a variety of fishing opportunities year-round. The excitement continues on the shore, which spans nearly 23 miles (37 km) and up to 500 feet in width, and the sand gently slopes to the water where tides and wave action have packed it hard. Driving is actually permitted in certain areas on the beaches.

Comments