3900 NW 21st St., Miami, Florida, 33142, United States

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 37% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• flyer_e901's Profile Photo

A comfy overnight stay

Nice place to stay as it's close to Miami Airport, but the location is somewhat isolated. Downtown is a cab ride away and will cost about $20 - $30 USD each way. This hotel has gone through some renovations recently. The rooms are comfortable and everything looks new. Our room looked on to a neighbouring golf course below. The Downtown Miami skyline can be seen in the distance. Very friendly service in the restaurant. Great deal on the breakfast buffet. The hotel rooms were very pricey at the time we were there, but it was part of our cruise package. So we got a deal!

Directions: about a 10 minute drive from Miami Airport

• Seabiscuit's Profile Photo

The Views

Since we were on the upper floors, the views were stunning. This is Biscayne Blvd. looking east. From the Hotel's website, it appears there have been many, many renovations. I'll have to see if this is the same hotel we stayed at.

More about Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel

Wyndham Miami Airport: Not a good experience!

My husband & I and another couple stayed at the Wyndham for 1 night prior to our cruise in February/06. I was told this was a very good hotel but was quite disappointed upon arrival to find it was located in the middle of the car rental district and the hotel lobby was under construction. It felt like a war zone. When we walked into the lobby, there were several areas taped off for construction and there was a constant safety recording playing and construction equipment working, so you could hear anything else.
We arrived at 1:30 pm and couldn't check in before 3:00 pm. So we went to the dining room to have some lunch, but it was closed until 4:00 pm. A lady in the bar did offer to let us sit at the bar and would get us some food, but it was quite expensive and since it was so noise in the lobby, we opted not to.
My husband got directions from the conceige for places to eat. Turns out it's at least 15 to 20 minute drive to a restaurant.

Our room was just ok. The carpets were quite worn and the whole room just needed a makeover. Also the corridor leading upto the room had alot of stains etc. and just wasn't very inviting.

This is one I would not recommend based on our one-night stay.

I was here for 2 nights for a business trip. I was put in room 648.
Problems:

Stains on the carpet in the room. I never took off my sock to walk around in the room!

Toilets in room leaked, waste of water until I called the front desk and told the problem. It took 48 min and 2 more calls to the front desk before a maintenance man came down and fixed it. I wonder how many gallons were wasted.

Their restaurant was going thru some renovations so they set up a conference room as the dinning room buffet style. It cost $17+tax and then they automatically added the gratuity...for a buffet? The kicker was that there are no other restaurants located near the hotel, so unless you have a rental car you are stuck there. (BTW, you can also call for pizza or Chinese delivery).

The front desk staff was not very helpful. The

Only one of the 3 elevators was working when I was there. Very long wait time during the morning rush as people were leaving.

Nice things:
The view over the golf course was nice.
The maintenance man was very nice.

Waiters from Mars!

by TripAdvisor Member Sarajl71

Arrived at the hotel on 5th November 2005 late in the evening to complete chaos in the temporary reception area. A party of 20+ did not have rooms! The booking which was made by Virgin had not been confirmed, therefore people were told rooms were not booked. I believe the hotel sorted the problems out, but can you imagine arriving at a hotel and not having any record of your booking! Our room was on the 7th Floor and facing what can only be described as a building site! The room smelt damp, but it was for one night and clean so wasn't really bothered. The restaurant is temporarily on the Mezzanine Floor. The waiters were scruffy, stank of body odour and was perspiring in a mass flood across his face, he was wiping his brow with his cloth! Not at all hygienic! Our food took forever to come, my burger appeared to do a walk of life backwards and forwards to the kitchen several times and when I did finally get it, it was awful! The fries were cold and soggy too! The dining room was very untidy with plates stacked up on a trolley without being taken out to the kitchen. There appeared to be three waiters, but only one was doing the serving. The other ones were just millandering around and chatting to each other. The one that was doing the work was not english speaking and therefore had problems understanding what the customers wanted. All around the room each party of customers experienced the same problems as us. Its expensive too! The hotel is in the middle of nowhere. Not close to any other restaurants. This hotel is ok if its a one night stay for airport reasons only, would never stay there otherwise. And be warned this hotel is undergoing a refurbishment, so its boarded up everywhere.

This Wyndham is great

Wow - were we pleasantly surprised during our stay at this hotel. My 15 year old son, husband and myself stayed here on a Saturday night (11/19) before heading to the Keys. Yes there is some construction going on but no big deal. Not enough to wake you or inconvenience you in any way. Check in the evening of 11/19 was a breeze and staff were very friendly and made us feel welcomed. The view of the lagoon and golf course was wonderful. There is a tiki bar near the pool and that area was well lit with twinkling lights and in typical Florida style. The air conditioning in our room did not work so they moved us right next door (immediately) before we had unpacked. Rooms were spacious and clean and modern and smelled nice. Location very near the airport and near eating places. We drove downtown to Bayside Mall and it took maybe 20 minutes. It is also very good on sounds, we didn't hear a thing. I would definitely stay here again and give this hotel very high marks.

Run away from this one

by TripAdvisor Member joparke

The staff from hell all works in the restaurant. Let me tell you something, I was never so disappointed, as I was on that ONE night I stayed there on 21st December 2005.
I was so tired from my airport drama, I decided I should just eat in. Went downstairs to have a meal and th hostess told me the buffet was $15.99 plus tax. Because otherwise, I was just going to order off the menu. Let me tell you EVERYTHING except the bread and the dessert tasted horrible. I left everything back basically.. I also ordered a cranberry drink. when the bill came, the buffet was either 17.99 or 16.99 then they added tax and grat to that then on the bill was a cost for the juice and tax and grat to the juice and then another amount of grat and tax. yes, I did not make a mistake I saw this tax and grat added 3 times. So I asked the waiter for an explaination. he got upset and with his limited english tried to explain to me the bill.
I told him the hostess said the buffet was 15.99 and that is why I decided to have it. he began to argue with me, that it was that price forever. So I asked him to call her. When she was walking towards my table the spoke across the room to her in Spanish and she stood there half-way from the entrance and my table and began to speak to me from there, while other patrons were around. So, I called her to kindly speak to me closer to my table and she came and said she made a mistake. I asked her why were you speaking to me from accross the room and how long have you been working here not to know the cost. She told me hold on and went to the floor manager who was close-by, but never bothered to enquire what my problem was. I thought that was extremely poor. he was too busy speaking spanish to some other people to care about my issue.

eventually, the waiter adjusted the bill taking off the mistake extra tax and grat and charged me 15.99 for the buffet. But, the pressure to get the that service was too much to bear.

The check-in staff was kind and helpful and the bellhop.

I have stayed in several wyndham hotels because of the byrequest program...from Arizona, New Orleans, Florida etc and this one was/is the worse. They will NEVER get my money again. I told myself, its just one night, so I will stay close to the airport. But next time, trusst me spend the extra $20-30 for better service.

Poor service

My stay was after Christmas and through New Years. This is a busy season for hotels in Miami and this hotel was not ready for visitors. Our room had encurred window damages from past hurricanes and had wooden blanks covering our view as well as air coming through the sides of the wood. Workers were tapping outside first thing in the morning and the pool was under construction, again damage from hurricane. We stayed through new years and were locked out of hotel on new years eve as reservations did not carry over from one year to the next, we needed to check in again on the 1st. This was easily fixed but very inconvenient.

The food was overpriced and appeared that the employees cook and eat under a tent just outside the building where racoons gather at night to clean up the left-overs.

An okay hotel if you just need a bed to sleep in.

Only for travelers with REALLY early morning flights

by TripAdvisor Member travelgrrlnyc

I just stayed there for business and the place is TOTALLY under reconstruction. Dont' get me wrong...it needs it! But wait to stay there until after it is over. The "temporary gym" is a joke and surrounded by construction equipment. I'm fairly certain I was inhaling something I shouldn't have been. The front desk staff is totally useless. The bar/restaurant is shabby. I am a member of their preferred program and they did leave me the usual treats in my room and I like the free wireless. If you do have an early morning flight it is convenient. If you must stay there...try and get a room on the back of the hotel overlooking the golf course. The front view is sad.

good experience

by TripAdvisor Member welshgirl2

still work going on but had a great room overlooking golf course. food at night good and breakfast very good varied choice staff friendly and helpful service good. not very busy at time admittedly no noise in hotel. would not hesitate to stay if coming or leaving miami with 2 kids

where is this hotel.

by marineroftheseas

we arrive in miami 15.00 hrs and our original hotel was down town now we find that we have been moved hotels and now staying in the WYNDHAM MIAMI AIRPORT whats it like, are we literally stuck there miles from anywhere. thanks for any help.

by Rixie

Well, I guess this reply is a bit late to be helpful, since it's now about 20:30 Eastern time... The Wyndham Miami Airport seems to have received some very good reviews from travelers and has a complimentary airport shuttle, but it is 4 miles from downtown Miami.

Four miles isn't really that far. I'm not sure what public transportation is like there, but you can always rent a car. Good luck.

by marineroftheseas

I forgot to mention that We dont travel till end of the month so thank you for the inforation.

by Rixie

:) I thought you meant 15:00 that same day. Enjoy your trip.

Comments