SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Arts/Health District

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport East/Medical Center
Booking.com Orbitz.com Tingo.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Miami

A view of the monument to the original FloridiansA view of the monument to the original Floridians

The Tiffany hotelThe Tiffany hotel

Liz and her diet cokeLiz and her diet coke

post officepost office

Affordable Miami hotel and nightlife and cruise

by delnero80

Hi!

#1 I am going on a cruise in October and needed a hotel for the Friday night before. I would like the hotel to be close enough to the beach and nightlife; we would like something affordable or cheap, but not sleazy. Also,how far away is that area from where we embark on the cruise? What is the best way to get to the cruise, should we arrange it with the ship or get there on our own?

#2 I would love to experience Miami nightlife, but am not really into posh clubs or scenes. I want to have a great time, drink, listen to music, eat great food, but in a more casual environment. What do you recommend?

#3 We might be there on Halloween if we stay the saturday night we get in from our cruise; what do you recommend?

Thanks!!!

Re: Affordable Miami hotel and nightlife and cruise

by leo_loco

Hello:

I have been traveling to Miami often. In fact being my favorite city, I always try to find information on Miami. There are many hotels which you can use but based on your requirement and event of cruise. I would say you might need a hotel somewhere in the center close to Airport and Downtown.

If you live close to downtown, you will be in center of South Beach, Port of Miami and Bay Side... Also, you can travel to Coconut Grove, one of the nice hang out place at Miami. I love the small bar in the Coco village inside the mall next to the Movie theater.

In the evening there will be a DJ and singer as well. I found one useful article on Miami airport hotel, it might be useful to find out the right place to stay. I think these hotels are also offering free shuttle service to Port of Miami, so considering your cruise trip it might be helpful.

Travel Tips for Miami

try to see chabeli...

by fabrice

try to see chabeli iglesias,julio iglesias'sweet daughter,or anna kournikova,famous tennis-player arriving at the airport,I had some difficulties to find someone speaking english;a spanish-speaking policeman indicated to me the right platform for the autobus to downtown miami;the I gave 10$ to a guy from costa rica,and he went with me to help me find a nice hotel in miami beach;he said that with an extra 10$,he could find me a job!

MGM STUDIOS
This park is a mix...

by SirRichard

MGM STUDIOS
This park is a mix betweem the Metro Goldwin Mayer Studios and the Disney Studios. The main theme is, of course, cinema and animation. There is a main street with 'classical' buildings of the 20s, and 20s style and everything is decorated following this XXth century styles.

Mosquito Repellent with DEET - Deep Woods OFF

by Homanded

Casual is the key. Miami is incredibly laid back and most places allow shorts, tanks, bare shoulders/arms and even flip-flops.
People wishing to "Be Seen" on Lincoln Road may wish to dress up some. Seems to be the standard for clubbing. Follow general rules you would at any large city as NYC or LA but keep in mind that Miami's Hot tropical nights are S T E A M Y ! ! ! And I don't just mean sexy!
Plenty of stores and boutiques selling latest fashion trends and bathing suits Digital is the way to go, remember to carry a good UV and Polarizer if you have an auto focus 35 mm lens or comparable. Suntan Lotion with Aloe additive. A good high rish factor sun block to protect you against the harmful UV rays of the sun. Sun Glasses and a money belt! Don't walk through crowded south beach or go to clubs w/out a money belt in your pants.

Lastly, remember to photocopy all your important papers in triplicate; One for your wallet, one inside your suitcase, one in a purse or carry one and originals in your hotel room safe.
Include your passport, driver's license, traveler cheques numbers and important contact info.

Miami's downtown stretches...

by spartan

Miami's downtown stretches north from the Brickell Avenue financial district to one of the city's oldest African-American communities, Overtown. Since 1980 downtown development has boomed, though parts of history have been preserved.

By night the CenTrust Tower lights up the sky. The elevated high-speed Metrorail and driverless Metromover shuttle passengers across the downtown sky, linking hotels, the convention center, entertainment complexes, shopping malls, and the Port of Miami to the rest of the city, and making downtown a lively community.

Off the beaten path for antiques ....

by kymbanm about Andrew's Antiques and Collectables

I ended up spending time in a nearby parking lot while my little brother was working ... I spotted this place and decided to browse :)

The door opens into a stairwell, and at the top is an anteroom full of asian inspired furniture and artwork. Past the anteroom is a large room FILLED w/ all sorts of things .. from victorian, to asian, to local - furniture, wall art, statues, diningware, nic-nacs ... well everything a clutter bug could love!

The owners were wonderful to me, and spent time talking w/ me - since the shop is off the beaten track, they don't get many tourists in there, mostly locals and movie folk looking for props and set dressing.

The folks there were wonderful, nice and quite knowledgable about their items - I was impressed and happily made my own purchase from the treasures within. Ended up w/ a wonderful brass Ganesha that now has a place of honor in my G-collection at home. This Ganesha was soooooo heavy, that I mailed him home - he cost me about 40$. There were items in the shop that cost more, and that cost less - it's all up to you!

Comments