Summerfield Suites Miami Airport

Costs 33% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Summerfield Suites Miami Airport

Disappointing

by TripAdvisor Member rgberg

The rooms are indeed spacious. However, the furniture and carpets are worn and dirty. The chair had a gash in it and what appeared to be blood stains. I'm not sure what the basis is for all the praise from other reviewers. Definitely mediocre at best.

Not That Great...........

by TripAdvisor Member heytoots

My husband and I stayed at this hotel pre-cruise...based on the reviews of this board, and honestly.....we were disappointed. Neither one of us was looking for "Fancy", but......for the money $170 with taxes.....for one night...we didn't think it was anything special.... The room was okay, but the bathroom was grungy, the furniture was worn out......blah blah blah

For the money, unless you are getting a really, really good deal here.....I would stay somewhere else in the area.

Pleasantly Surprised

by TripAdvisor Member trvl4funAustin_Tx

I stayed here one night post cruise and was very satisfied. I received a free upgrade upon checking in to a 2 bedroom suite. It was 3 of us so we each had our own tv and bed. We had bottled water, juices, and fresh fruit from the Wyndam By Request staff. The room was clean and the furniture appeared new. The breakfast was adequate with cold/hot choices, juices, and fruits. I would stay here again and also recommend it to others.

Great Hotel!

We have just arrived from a short holidays in Miami at Summerfield Suites. I just can say that we are really happy with this hotel. We were upgraded (free of charge) to a 2 bedroom suite and they also allow us to stay there at 2:00PM on the date of departure. Great hotel for travelling with children!

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member fishbones

I can not say enough about this great hotel. For $159 a night we had a two beadroom suite with breakfast and a dinner snack included,. Breakfast was good, dinner snack was ok. All of the employees were friendly and helpfull.
Directly accross from one of the airport runways but plane noise was not a problem. Clean, spacious rooms. Two blocks from Hwy 836 or 826 makes it easy to get to downtown or the beach. I was there on business so it made more sence to stay near the airport. In a shopping mall around the corner we found a good and inexpensive Cuban restaurant. Shuttle service to and from the airport was great.

Enjoyed this Hotel!

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in June, 2005 and found the suite extra comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was more than adequate and "would set you right for the day". We didn't hire a car, so we were behind the 8 ball. Albert was exceptional and took us to the airport for transfers to the bus service and shopping centres. The hotel room was quiet, except when it rained on one night, you could hear the water gushing down the enclosed downpipe going through our bathroom. We had a room overlooking the pool, but didn't use the pool. The weather wasn't kind to us for looking around Miami but we did get to South Beach to admire the Art Deco buildings. We would certainly recommend this hotel based on our experience.

Great Place to stay in Miami

Absolutely loved our stay at Summerfield. My husband and I, along with our son, stayed for 9 nights in July-August and throughly enjoyed it. The room was clean, always stocked with fresh towels and linen, spacious and modern. We had bottled water and juice in the fridge upon arrival. Easy check-in and check-out due to registering as a Member by Request, which is free. Some complain about the staff having spanish accents, it wasn't a problem for me, the staff understood me and I understood them just fine. Plus, in Miami, it's difficult to find spots that don't include spanish speaking individuals. The breakfast bar was great, delicious food. And the evening sundowner provider enough food for my son to not even want dinner out. Honey chix wings, or pasta or salisbury steak, provided a decent meal for any guest. The only down side to the place, in my husband's opinion was the depth of the pool. It only went to 5 feet. Other than that it was a great place to stay and we will be staying there again.

The Suite Life !

by TripAdvisor Member purebob

we stayed 3 days here expecting only a 'convenience' accommodation near the airport. What we got was a lovely family accommodation with real personality.

The two bedroomed suite was very comfortable and spacious offering highly flexible accommodation for 2 adults and 2 kids. kitchen was WELL equipped !

Pool was great as was hot tub. Breakfast buffet more that acceptable, gym is fine - all in all I can hardly offer a better review. Even the location was quiet for so near an airport, and there were eateries and a supermarket in easy and safe walking distance.

Not DIRT cheap but very good value.

We're staying there again in feb 2006, for a week this time !

Great Miami accommodations

by TripAdvisor Member AJHStratford_Ontario

We stayed at Summerfield Suites prior to going on a cruise. The transfer from the airport was quick, efficient and the driver was a wealth of information.
We were quickly checked in, and had a pleasant surprise when we were upgraded to a 2 room suite! It was awesome!! We were travelling with 2 children...were they thrilled to see we had 3 TV's! This was the best sleep I had our entire vacation...great beds, no noise. The pool area was nicely maintained and very quiet during our stay. THe pool was a little cool, but the kids didn't mind and we enjoyed the hot tub. The breakfast is phenomenal for continental fare!
I had read in another review that it is well worth registering with the Wyndham hotel VIP program (no cost). You get to choose what you would like in your room on arrival (again at no cost). We received a large platter of fresh fruit and Coors light!!
At an additional cost, we booked the transportation to the port ($8.00/person, which seems to be the going rate!)
Overall, this is the best hotel I have stayed at in some time. It was safe and secure, staff were friendly and the amenities were excellent!

Handy for the airport but no aircraft noise.

Arrived at this hotel with 4 very tired children after long flights from the uk. Check in was quick and easy two bed suite was wonderful very spacious. Rooms were clean beds really comfy and very quiet even though hotel seemed busy. Plenty of linen and towels etc even though there were six of us.
Breakfast was very good - lots of choice and plenty to eat. Staff very friendly.
Gym was great. Pool and hot tub looked good but did not have time to test them out.
Make sure to make yourself a Wyndham by request member - really easy to do and free just look at the hotels web site and choose from drinks and snacks to be placed in your room for your arrival.
Would definatley stay again.

Comments