3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

1717 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, Florida, 33139, United States
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Tingo.com

Rated 14% higher but also costs 113% more than other 3.5 star hotels

More about Doubletree Surfcomber Hotel Miami-South Beach

chain hotel on south beach

by bcorbitt about Doubletree-Surfcomber

Stayed here for a day after a business trip as had hiltonhhonors points. Liked the place as Doubletree did a nice job remodeling the hotel to keep its original feel. Was not that large so pool was not so crowded as the Loews down the beach. Service was very good. Rooms were small as would be expected from a historic hotel though had all the amenties including fast internet in lobby and flatscreen TVS. Art Deco design like many hotels on South Beach. Garden view or north facing are probably better as south facing had view of a big construction pit next door. Did not eat at the restaurant but seemed nice.

South Beach's Doubletree

by ATXtraveler about Doubletree Surfcomber Hotel Miami-South Beach

I've now stayed at this hotel twice in my life, and both times were excellent representations of beach living. Since I am a Hilton HHonors Gold member, I have the opportunity for a hotel room upgrade each time I check in, and this time was no exception. I received probably the best room in the hotel, which is a suite with a nice balcony overlooking the pool area. It would have been big enough to hold a party on if I had enough friends, yet cozy enough inside to not feel like you were swimming in the ocean of a room.

The suite itself had a nice king size bed, but the view is what people would normally pay top dollar for. The facility at this Doubletree is very nice, with a huge swimming pool out in the back area, between the rooms and the beach. After the pool but before the beach is a nice paved walking/biking/rollerblading track which leads up the entire beach, and finally a life-guarded beach that was absolutely beautiful.

Overall, the suite upgrade made my stay great, but the hotel would have received top marks even if I was just in a normal room.

Doubletree Surfcomber- A great deal for the price!

by TripAdvisor Member Basia12

I just came back from Miami a few days ago and enjoyed my stay at the Doubletree Surfcomber. The rooms were clean, but a bit on the small side as are most hotels in South Beach. The front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful. The pool area was nice and the beach is only a few steps away. Chairs are available for guests on the beach but i think they charge a fee. The location was great!! It's walking distance to shopping and some hot spots. I would definatley stay here again, since it has fairly reasonable prices. All in all, I had a great experience for my first time visiting South Beach and will come back soon!

Comfortable Hotel, Great Location

I was very impressed by my stay at the Doubletree Surfcomber Hotel. A warm and friendly staff that offered us free warm and fresh Hilton/ Doubletree signature cookies greeted us. The room was small which is expected in Miami, but the beds made up for it with warm comfortable down comforters and pillows. The hotel is located right off the beach and has very easy access to it. When booking a room make sure the room isn't next to the elevator, our room had a joining wall with the elevator and I could hear the elevator traffic all the time. Also I booked and paid for our room on Expedia and the Doubletree later added a $7.00 fee for resort fees. They stated that this was a fee to use their chairs and umbrellas. This hotel is a great value for it's comfort, cost and location, I would definitely stay there again.

Nice SOBE Hotel, Great Location

by TripAdvisor Member ItalianGangster

I really enjoyed this hotel. First of all, the previous reviewers who state the rooms are dirty and bathrooms are small should maybe not be spending all their vacation in the hotel rooms and invest in some sun tan lotion and go on the BEACH.

The rooms are on par with a holiday inn, very minimal but functional.
Hotel has a great pool, amazing beach front, and very attractive guests. Very European and Latin clientele.

Next door to delano and shore club. But half the price, or in some cases a third. 2 blocks from Lincoln mall, 5 blocks from the clubs on Washington Ave. Hotel was featured during MTVS Spring break so the average age of most guests is under 30. Bar area could be improved and more chic.

Great when Price is Right

My husband and I go to South Beach all the time and we've stayed at this hotel several times. The rooms are a bit on the small side but the location is great (right off Lincoln Road and next to the Delano). We can usually get really good deals on the rooms. However, on busy holiday weekends, the prices are through the roof. At those times, its not worth staying there. The staff is very friendly and the access to the beach is great.

Wonderful accommodations!

My husband & I stayed at the Surfcomber the weekend of June 5th, 2004. It was beautiful. Our room was clean and well appointed. The bathroom was sparkling white with an abundance of fluffy white towels. The plumbing worked perfectly! The lobby was spacious, well decorated with a pool table and cozy bar complete with a chatty barman. We never had to open the front door as a doorman was always in attendance.

The view of the pool outlined with palm trees that led to the beach was just as beautiful as the website portayed. The staff were courteous and very helpful. We dined outside the restaurant and watched guests lounge around the pool. Although our waiter was a bit of a dodo and messed up my husbands's order the food was fine. We would absolutely recommend this hotel.

Great location, but not worth the high room rate.

by TripAdvisor Member ukdiva

I stayed at the Doubletree last year and whilst i can't find fault with the actual rooms, the service of the staff could have been better. Firstly our toilet was blocked and it took them around 4 hours to send someone to unblock it, and then the room directly above us set the sprinkler system off and our room almost got flooded, and we ended up sitting in reception surrounded by all our belongings for an hour, waiting for the hotel to find us a new room. All in all, i don't think the hotel is worth the money you pay per night, great location, but i wouldn't go back there.

Great Overall Value

by TripAdvisor Member italyisawesome

This hotel is great for what you pay. I paid $125 a night for a room with two double beds. The rooms were small, but nice and clean. Service was prompt, and we never had to ask for anything. The location is great! The beach is directly past the pool (1 minute walk). They even have beach chairs available for guests. You are walking distance to all of the south beach party spots, without the noise and chaos. The pool is fairly basic, but gets the job done. There is a restaurant that serves basic american style food. Lunch was decent. If you can book this hotel for less than $150 a night, I recommend it.

Awesome!!

My stay at this hotel was awesome. The room was clean. The maid staff was extremely helpful and asked if we needed anything several times during our stay. The front desk was so nice and helped us with all our travel arrangements. There was even a desk that helped guest with local tours, restaurants, and other places to go, including free passes to local clubs. I would definitely stay here again. Walking distance/small taxi fare to everything!

Comments